Sponsored

Side curtain air bags recall done but doesn't look like they put it back together correctly

Quest

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi new to the Forum, Found this video about the air bag replacement.
Hope I never have to experience a deployment... I think you would be deaf having 2 of them go off inside the truck!

Sponsored

NorthShoreMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my recall scheduled for next Monday, but I am highly considering holding off on this with all the horror stories. My truck is a lease, but I plan on buying it when the lease is up next January 2025. Not sure how not doing this recall will affect that process. I donā€™t need the headache of being without a second vehicle for more than a few days.

OP
OP

Takehold67

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my recall scheduled for next Monday, but I am highly considering holding off on this with all the horror stories. My truck is a lease, but I plan on buying it when the lease is up next January 2025. Not sure how not doing this recall will affect that process. I donā€™t need the headache of being without a second vehicle for more than a few days.
I would highly suggest take video and pics of your truck prior to dropping it off.
Also take pic / note of your mileage also.
Things I wished I did

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it even worth doing?
That can only be decided by you.
There are very strong varying viewpoints on this site. Personally, if I was held at gunpoint and forced to choose, I just might tell them to pull the trigger.
NOOOOOO WAY Iā€™m having it done!
Whatever you choose, I respect your choice. Itā€™s your vehicle and your choice.

(Get ready for the comments to start)

Sponsored

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would highly suggest take video and pics of your truck prior to dropping it off.
Also take pic / note of your mileage also.
Things I wished I did
Whatā€™s the status of your truck today? I HOPE done, and done well

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After nine weeks Yes finally
Just very amazed at poor quality of work
How is it NOW?
Same as when you dropped it off?
This is such a clusterduck!!!

OP
OP

Takehold67

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No it is now looks like the way it was when I dropped it off.
Which it was what I wanted

Sponsored

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No it is now looks like the way it was when I dropped it off.
Which it was what I wanted
Thatā€™s great. At least the story has a happy ending.
But what a @ā‚¬Ā£Ā„ing headache!

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you could, you might try and clarify who is doing the actual work for you and see if u can get a pre-game chat with him ?
By the way, if you need a lift, please let me know. šŸ˜€šŸ˜€
I just got my truck back, and it's in as good a condition as when I gave it to them. Well, better condition since the airbags are fixed. :)

I did give a "pre-game chat" telling them I'd heard a lot of these didn't go well cleanliness-wise. Kind of a nice way of saying, "Please do your job right, so I don't have to be a whiny butt." :) It seemed to work. When they called to tell me it was done, the service guy said it was being detailed to get some smudges off and it'd be ready shortly.

I said I'd follow up when I got it done. It took a while to find the right thread, but I finally did.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got my truck back, and it's in as good a condition as when I gave it to them. Well, better condition since the airbags are fixed. :)

I did give a "pre-game chat" telling them I'd heard a lot of these didn't go well cleanliness-wise. Kind of a nice way of saying, "Please do your job right, so I don't have to be a whiny butt." :) It seemed to work. When they called to tell me it was done, the service guy said it was being detailed to get some smudges off and it'd be ready shortly.

I said I'd follow up when I got it done. It took a while to find the right thread, but I finally did.
THATā€™S great news!

JohnL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt awd, 10 stang gt, 04 merc marauder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm still under the 9 weeks record, but gaining. Got call from dealer to come pick it up today-May 20 to June 9...Got there, had been cleaned up and broken parts replaced, although not with new parts as GM promised. At this point was ready to just get it back. Got in, went to adjust and buckle drivers seatbelt....and broken, won't retract or adjust. Was actually working after the recall work, so somehow they managed to f it up during cleaning. Keeping their edge for a while more apparently. Gonna have a real conversation after I finally get it back. Rice Ford in Warsaw Indiana. Owned/driven fords for decades and have never seen anything like this.
Glad to hear some of the recalls are going like they should though. Thanks to Peter for posting the video, confirmed what I expected was involved with the replacement.
Sponsored