snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone get the letter in the mail about the curtain air bags that need to be recalled?

There isn't a part or fix yet, and they will send another letter when a fix is available. But I am sure this would stop mavs from being delivered until parts are available.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There isn't a part or fix yet, and they will send another letter when a fix is available. But I am sure this would stop mavs from being delivered until parts are available.
Mavericks have been being produced for the past few months with the updated airbags. Although there's a window of July production where they may have been produced with the faulty airbags yet weren't delivered so need to wait until the replacements become available.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone get the letter in the mail about the curtain air bags that need to be recalled?

The ones being built have first priority on new airbags so they can be delivered and sold. I believe those built with old bad airbags will get next priority and cannot be sold until new ones are installed. The ones already sold and delivered will get their airbags in january-februrary.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't believe the airbags are "bad". Just barely didn't pass the Fed testing. First testing by Ford they showed acceptable. Penny pinching bit Ford in the .... Not really as bad as it seems. Still can't get delivered until fixed. Those of us with airbags not quite passing are still better off than without an airbag at all. At my age we drove all over without airbags or seatbelts, still alive, barely!

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't believe the airbags are "bad". Just barely didn't pass the Fed testing. First testing by Ford they showed acceptable. Penny pinching bit Ford in the .... Not really as bad as it seems. Still can't get delivered until fixed. Those of us with airbags not quite passing are still better off than without an airbag at all. At my age we drove all over without airbags or seatbelts, still alive, barely!
Exactly.

When Ford was developing Maverick, they naturally performed loads of testing including crash-testing, to see how the airbags and other safety features held up. In that testing, the deflection measurements on the side-curtain airbags were lower than the max allowed by FMVSS. Somehow between then and the final production units rolling around today, it appears that they actually allow a little too much deflection. This isn't a matter of the airbag failing to deploy or to provide protection. It's a matter of the airbag allowing a little too much movement according to federal standards.

It's also a newer standard.

Sponsored

OP
OP
snowcatxx87

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for all the info. I did a quick search, nothing came up. Just got my letter last week.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah Ford Canada didn't start sending the letters are soon as they did in the US, got mine within the last week or so as well.

You can always check here on the ministry of Transportation website to see if there are recalls on your vehicle. Just don't get confused, they also list the recalls on the Ford Maverick Car along with the truck.
https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRDB-BDRV/search-recherche/results-resultats.aspx?lang=eng&mk=5164!4862!4800!4745!4273!34816!17580!46078!39313!39153!8659!36441!36891!6126!5711!3712!3592!1867&mkName=FORD&md=MAVERICK&fy=0&ty=9999&ft=&ls=0&sy=0&syName=All%20Systems&all=0

Ronbye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my letter from Ford Canada last week. Watched a video from the U.S. where this Maverick owner read his letter from Ford. The letter referred to a January 2023 time frame for the parts to be available and that the recall was for the front row of the vehicle. My letter states nothing about a front row and it gives a parts availability of the first quarter of 2023. Why the difference is beyond me.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got email…

Ford Maverick Side Curtain Air Bag Recall 64D3BBD8-D11C-4AF3-9AEA-0578F8A2F05D

Ford Maverick Side Curtain Air Bag Recall 288077E8-75E4-46C0-86B6-2FDC8A4834BE

Sponsored

JRStewie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick was delivered with this 'No delivery' alert regarding the airbag recall. Parts have been ordered and installed. Picked up truck on Wednesday this week.
Best of luck to all!

BIG_daddy_qwerty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my recall letter today! Seems Canada finally has the parts, but im sure they still have to order them in. Dealer said he will call me back once he finds out how long the parts will take.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone in Canada get the recall done yet?

Seems like quite the effort to get the parts ordered in.

Dealer needs to inspect the vehicle first hand before they can order the Side Airbags. Been called in to replace them, but, magically the parts never arrived in the first place.

OP
OP
snowcatxx87

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't even tried, I am way too busy with work to be going in multiple times. Not sure I am even able to get it done until end of the year.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well hopefully they give out free Yeti's like our brothers down in the States.
Sponsored