First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ever went to put your vehicle in park and turned the temperature knob down instead?
Yes! And I'm not sure why. I fly a Cessna 172 and three controls for the engine are grouped together [carb heat, throttle and mixture] but each has a different shapes and color and I never mix them up. But I have turned up the heat in my Mav more than once when I intended to shift into park.
Sponsored

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably close to a dozen times...but I'll be 80 next month...lots of senior moments. But I do figure it out real quick. Loving the truck...wife has her RAV and I now have my MAV. Correction...I turned the fan speed up...not the temp.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PapaRico

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ever went to put your vehicle in park and turned the temperature knob down instead?
[/My wife's car has it on the dash so I did do that in my Maverick once.

CheriePandora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2024
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never done that, but I have turned the temp knob when I wanted to adjust the volume level.

James Garner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, but once when I was working rotating shifts I got so tired I came to a stop sign and sat there for a while, waiting for the light to change.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not that knob, but my hand sometimes still instinctively reaches up toward the wipers lever, where it was in my SportTrac, before getting slapped by my left hand and redirected down to the shifter knob.
But, my concern is; I when I have been backing up and turned in my seat I have given the shifter a quick twist in the wrong direction to go to Drive while still slowly rolling back. That parking pawl engages immediately!. I worry that the pawl on my Maverick will meet the same fate as the one which I had to replace on my SportTrac.
I would like to see a momentary delay and an audible beep to let me know which selection was made, rather that looking down or refocusing on the dash lights, or, a tactile means of feeling the Park and Reverse position selection..
Definitely! I accidentally did that the other day.

Optimus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Silliest thread I’ve ever seen. Who would do such a thing?

Anyone know why my XLT’s HVAC heater fan goes to High when I put the Mav in Drive? :p

Last edited:
Sponsored

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Well, this is another fine mess you've got us into." Oliver Hardy to Stan Laurel.

OP
OP

Bruce W

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Latiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They should put some kind if detent to go to park. Maybe need to push down. Kind of a sudden stop if still moving forward a bit and intend to go to reverse. Also easy to shift to reverse occidentally when wanting park. It may not be a problem for seasoned dial shifters…….

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first vehicle was a manual 3 speed on the column. My last was a 5 speed on the floor. I've ridden motorcycles with shifters on both sides some with one up and others with one down. One of my first cars had a two-speed auto with a lever on the dash. I frequently travel for work and rent cars and trucks with a variety of shifters including the new dials. Over the years I have just got in and driven each without giving much thought to the shifters. I have never given much thought to the shift levers or buttons until I joined the Maverick forums.