Sponsored

Seriously about to lose my mind waiting on this truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonutMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Torino
Order date of 6/28. Dealer told me there was no way it wouldn't be here after early December. Finally got build week of 12/13. Then delay delay delay. Shows in production since 1/10 with a delivery of 5/20. Lariat, Lux, Moonroof, 360.

Gotten some hope with others getting delivery dates moved up.

Ford has been a complete joke of a company when it comes to their communication.

I was downsizing from a Colorado because i don't tow or haul that much and wanted better gas mileage. If there was ANYTHING else on the market like the Maverick I would've given Ford the finger and moved on.
Sponsored

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
I feel ya brother, ordered 6/10 myself

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think there's much that Ford can do if they don't have the parts to finish the vehicle. Too many people take it personally that their build isn't finished or even scheduled yet. Ford isn't out to slight anyone and I'm sure they would like to get them all on the road, but today's economic (pandemic) climate won't let that happen. I work for a Volvo dealer (parts dept.) and this time of year I usually see about 20-30 parts on my backorder list that sit there for about 2-3 weeks. Right now I have about 350 parts that have been waiting for months. Besides parts shortages there are a lot of parts waiting at various ports waiting to be unloaded causing more backlogs. All we can do is wait and be patient.

As for the communication front, I can agree that Ford needs some serious improvement.

OP
OP

DonutMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Torino
I don't think there's much that Ford can do if they don't have the parts to finish the vehicle. Too many people take it personally that their build isn't finished or even scheduled yet. Ford isn't out to slight anyone and I'm sure they would like to get them all on the road, but today's economic (pandemic) climate won't let that happen. I work for a Volvo dealer (parts dept.) and this time of year I usually see about 20-30 parts on my backorder list that sit there for about 2-3 weeks. Right now I have about 350 parts that have been waiting for months. Besides parts shortages there are a lot of parts waiting at various ports waiting to be unloaded causing more backlogs. All we can do is wait and be patient.

As for the communication front, I can agree that Ford needs some serious improvement.
It's the lack of communication that gets me. In my field communication is everything. You can screw stuff up six ways to sunday as long as you communicate.

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the lack of communication that gets me. In my field communication is everything. You can screw stuff up six ways to sunday as long as you communicate.
I get that. I still have yet to get one email regarding my order. I've always had to initiate conversation by phone.

Sponsored

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand exactly what you guys are saying I have ordered two Mavericks the first one I ordered August 10th hybrid the second one I've ordered January 15th ego boost because I don't think I'm going to get my hybrid and for these people I'm sorry I'm just being honest to defend Ford a multi-billion-dollar company to say that they didn't know the Maverick was going to be a hit for a hybrid pickup with all the equipment it has for under $20,000 maybe you should get rid of the kindergarteners that are working for them and at least get a sixth grader sorry but that's just what I feel at this present time if I get my hybrid it'll be 11 months and it looks like my EcoBoost will be into the 23s just my thought just my opinion but for a multibillion-dollar company after all kinds of problems with the Bronco you think they would have learned I just don't know and again please don't make any excuses for Ford like I said they messed up with the Bronco and messed up with the Maverick well they changed things a little bit with the lightning again signed🙁 very unhappy

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would getting an email telling you your power window control module wont be available for 3 months really make you feel better? Or even really let you know more? Your vehicle is almost certainly being delayed due to parts shortages outside of Ford's control, what more meaningful information could you get?

cmlars

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick

I have felt this pain on both fronts. I was waiting for 3 months last summer for the dealer to receive a part to fix a crankshaft cover that was broken on my Chevy Malibu, essentially rendering it inoperable for anything other than a very short distance. On the Maverick side, I ordered on 7/2 and never heard anything for months including no dealer updates until I called Ford in December and was finally assigned a VIN. On a positive note, my truck was finally built this week and looks to have shipped today. (though in the interim, my Malibu hybrid needed another $1500 repair on top of the $2000 crankshaft issue)

OP
OP

DonutMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Torino
Would getting an email telling you your power window control module wont be available for 3 months really make you feel better? Or even really let you know more? Your vehicle is almost certainly being delayed due to parts shortages outside of Ford's control, what more meaningful information could you get?
I mean yeah thats exactly the information i want.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Seriously about to lose my mind waiting on this truck. im-sorry-sosorry

Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order date of 6/24, finally got a build date a few weeks ago (3/21) so we should be looking at a solid 12-months from order to delivery. I ordered a pair of e-bikes last April, they finally were delivered this week. It's not like there is a comparable alternative, so what other option do we have other than to wait?

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Order date of 6/28. Dealer told me there was no way it wouldn't be here after early December. Finally got build week of 12/13. Then delay delay delay. Shows in production since 1/10 with a delivery of 5/20. Lariat, Lux, Moonroof, 360.

Gotten some hope with others getting delivery dates moved up.

Ford has been a complete joke of a company when it comes to their communication.

I was downsizing from a Colorado because i don't tow or haul that much and wanted better gas mileage. If there was ANYTHING else on the market like the Maverick I would've given Ford the finger and moved on.
Ford has done themselves no favors with their lack of communications and scheduling issues (those that they DO control, not pandemic-related). There will be MANY of us running to the next best alternative when the time comes. But they don't care.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My gripe is how orders placed in August and later are getting build dates ahead of people who ordered in June and July! How is that in anyway shape or form fair?! Launching a new product in the middle of a pandemic with knowledge of supply chain issues might not have been a smart idea, but the lack of communication between Ford and it's customers is really disrespectful.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.