Sponsored

SecuriCode™ anti-theft security measures?

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I have a hybrid XLT order in, and was curious about the securicode, because my city is known for GTA. I have no worries at work or home, but when I make occasional trips to the city, the securicode makes me a bit anxious.

I see memes around saying it takes 7 minutes to break into securicode. Are there no anti theft measures? After all, its 5 buttons. Can I enable panic alarm or disable for certain time after 5 wrong tries or something along the line of that?
Sponsored

Daveo89

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=usa&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

7 wrong inputs and it disables for 1 minute. There's 99,999 possible combinations of numbers so I find it hard to believe it's that easy to crack unless you have an easy number. Disregarding time to push buttons you could do up to 49 attempts in 7ish minutes. If you create your own code there will be 2 active ones, the factory code always exists and you can do up to 5, I'd never add more codes than needed.

Edit: Apparently there's a mathematical way to reduce that to just over 3000 possible sequences since it accepts the previous 5 digits input. Without the disabling feature a machine can crack it in the time you stated. Where there's a will there's a way 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited: