Halabrad

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sedona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone sat in both for any length of time and able to provide a decent comparison review?

Trying to determine if the seats help justify the Lariat upgrade (in addition to the other upgrades).

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone sat in both for any length of time and able to provide a decent comparison review?

Trying to determine if the seats help justify the Lariat upgrade (in addition to the other upgrades).

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
I have- ActiveX seats are nice and more comfortable in my opinion especially the rear bench but the cloth seats are tightly woven, firm but comfortable and look nice in the XLT trim with the orange stitching and contrasting colors. Comparing XLT/LUX to Lariat/LUX is about a $5k difference- Not sure those seats, Acoustic windshield, Signature lights and the BO stereo is worth that much. Not really a fan of brown seats but they are nice -

adamgrattan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 deville
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I think the XLT with the Luxury Pack will be the best seat for the money. The Lariat is nice but you have to add Lariat Luxury pack to get heated. I have found I like the soothing heat as I get older and older(40 year old otr truck driver). I don't think upgrade to the Lariat base and than upgrade to Lariat Luxury pack is worth the 5390 more than the nice XLT heated seat.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I think the XLT with the Luxury Pack will be the best seat for the money. The Lariat is nice but you have to add Lariat Luxury pack to get heated. I have found I like the soothing heat as I get older and older(40 year old otr truck driver). I don't think upgrade to the Lariat base and than upgrade to Lariat Luxury pack is worth the 5390 more than the nice XLT heated seat.
Worth and value is in the eye of the beholder. You get a lot more with the Larait Lux overall, but only if you value those add-onā€˜s enough would it be worth it.

adamgrattan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 deville
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Worth and value is in the eye of the beholder. You get a lot more with the Larait Lux overall, but only if you value those add-onā€˜s enough would it be worth it.
Very good point

Sponsored

OP
OP

Halabrad

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sedona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any thoughts on how easily each material is kept clean? Have 3 boys under 5yr old and anticipate the odd spill/mess as much as we try to avoid them. Iā€™ve heard activex can be cleaned even better than leather? Suspecting the cloth would be prone to stains? Part of the value decision is how ā€œlike newā€ I can keep the seats looking should we be looking to resell at some point.

there are definitely a lot of additional perks on the lariat with lux that help justify - auto cruise with lane centering (My commutes are exclusively highways and will be doing the odd 6-8hr road trip), push button start, premium sound, 6.5ā€ screen, dual zone temp, power sliding rear window with defrost. Itā€™s a hike in price, but fully loaded this thing still doesnā€™t touch the mid/full size price comparisons with any decent feature package on them - if this is all the truck I need. Thatā€™s one way to rationalize the extra costs I suppose!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any thoughts on how easily each material is kept clean? Have 3 boys under 5yr old and anticipate the odd spill/mess as much as we try to avoid them. Iā€™ve heard activex can be cleaned even better than leather? Suspecting the cloth would be prone to stains? Part of the value decision is how ā€œlike newā€ I can keep the seats looking should we be looking to resell at some point.

there are definitely a lot of additional perks on the lariat with lux that help justify - auto cruise with lane centering (My commutes are exclusively highways and will be doing the odd 6-8hr road trip), push button start, premium sound, 6.5ā€ screen, dual zone temp, power sliding rear window with defrost. Itā€™s a hike in price, but fully loaded this thing still doesnā€™t touch the mid/full size price comparisons with any decent feature package on them - if this is all the truck I need. Thatā€™s one way to rationalize the extra costs I suppose!
I think you could make a PBJ right on the Active X seats, let it soak in and then wipe up no problem- Cloth stains are a concern for me with messy Marvin wife and daughter- Still trying to a get cupcake icing stain out that was spilled and left over night- The Lariat seats are comfy, probably sounds worth it to upgrade for you but you might also want to look at Katzskin covers if the upgrade cost is too high for Lariat-

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you look at the price difference, I think you have to remember that you will get some of that money back when you go to trade, or if you drive it into the ground you get to enjoy those features for a longer period of time.

Definitely not trying to upsell you, but the true difference is less than the sticker difference.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Visual aesthetics are absolutely subjective. I couldnā€™t get a Lariat because I hate the color of those seats. That said Iā€™m happy with how the XLT seats feel. They are a tight weave and seem like they will hold up well. I treated them with 303 interior fabric stain guard. I love 303 products. Best of luck.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I also was worried about the Active-X because I had never heard of it, and people call it vinyl, but I have a hard time imagining Ford putting vinyl in the Mach-E, which gave me some peace. I also read that some higher priced cars also use some synthetic leather in their seats and that people have loved them for years. Basically, even though I haven't sat in one, I have no concerns about the feel of the Mav seats....unless they're just the absolute worse, which no one has said.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Visual aesthetics are absolutely subjective. I couldnā€™t get a Lariat because I hate the color of those seats. That said Iā€™m happy with how the XLT seats feel. They are a tight weave and seem like they will hold up well. I treated them with 303 interior fabric stain guard. I love 303 products. Best of luck.
I forgot that 303 does a fabric guard- there other products agreed are fantastic- Yep the colors of those seats yikes better in person but still. Are you using the outdoor fabric guard ?

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
Haven't sat on active X yet, but the XLT cloth was a disappointment for me. Super stiff and almost itchy, kind of like burlap. Aesthetically the cloth looks great, though.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if there is an appreciable seat comfort difference (cushion primarily) between the active X and the Xl/XLT seats then Ill be on the lookout for seats from a wrecked Lariat. cant justify the $5k price difference.

ford ought to let us just buy them as options.