First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Parked my Mav only to notice two scratches on my Mav! I have no idea how that even happened. Said every curse word in the book 🤬. Going to go to my dealership next week to see how much it'll be to repair it.
Ford Maverick Scratches on 1 week old Mav 20230211_100605
Sponsored

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sucks for sure, but easy to fix.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How deep are the scratches? It looks like most, if not all of that would buff right off.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How deep are the scratches? It looks like most, if not all of that would buff right off.
It doesn't seem deep. My nail only slightly catches when I go over the scratches. But it doesn't completely catch. That makes me think it's not that deep. I can't scratch it off though.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like someone backed into your truck, likely just tapped it with a license plate holder or something like that. Maybe a bike rack at worst.

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would most certainly try to buff it out first, before having it painted. That would save a lot more money.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like someone backed into your truck, likely just tapped it with a license plate holder or something like that. Maybe a bike rack at worst.
Yeah that's what I was thinking since I almost always park in reverse. Pretty enraging.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would most certainly try to buff it out first, before having it painted. That would save a lot more money.
I'll try that out. I have the warranty that includes paint protection, but I don't think it'll cover this? I'll try to buff it out when it gets a bit warmer. I used some water and microfiber cloth to see if it'll do anything, it removed some of the white, but not all

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Parked my Mav only to notice two scratches on my Mav! I have no idea how that even happened. Said every curse word in the book 🤬. Going to go to my dealership next week to see how much it'll be to repair it.
20230211_100605.jpg
Did you by chance park in a Walmart parking lot during this time? I jest, but seriously, everytime my family has noticed a scratch or dent on our cars, it happened at Walmart. Some real mouth breathers shop there, that's for sure.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would fill that in with touch up paint, let is cure for a couple months, wet sand lightly with 2000g & then 2 steps of buffing compound, before trying to have it repainted. I was able to remove a large scratch on the trunk of my red convertible when I had it with this process, & I didn't even need the touch up paint, I amazed myself it was so easy. It will depend on if it's through the paint or mainly in the clear coat. I shop at Wmart often & I am in the habit of doing a walk around the Maverick each time I come out of the store to look for scratches or dings.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you by chance park in a Walmart parking lot during this time? I jest, but seriously, everytime my family has noticed a scratch or dent on our cars, it happened at Walmart. Some real mouth breathers shop there, that's for sure.
I was at Walmart last night. I didn't look at the front though so maybe it was scratched then. When I saw it I was devastated

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would fill that in with touch up paint, let is cure for a couple months, wet sand lightly with 2000g & then 2 steps of buffing compound, before trying to have it repainted. I was able to remove a large scratch on the trunk of my red convertible when I had it with this process, & I didn't even need the touch up paint, I amazed myself it was so easy. It will depend on if it's through the paint or mainly in the clear coat.
Is there a way I can tell its through the paint or clear coat? Thanks for the advice!

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a way I can tell its through the paint or clear coat? Thanks for the advice!
Pretty sure it's through the clear coat. A body shop would buff it out, air brush up any remaining scratch then shoot it with the tinted clear. Hot Pepper Red right?
You could probably do the same except for the tinted clear coat. Though an automotive paint store could make you a rattle can of the tinted clear. Plenty of youtube videos to go by.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the PremiumCare extended warranty with 7YR TripleCare, but I'm still not sure if it'll cover it. Any estimates on how much it would possibly cost? May through my Ford points in there. But if it's too much, I'll have a go at it