Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
*update*
If you have the "low" version coils, do not buy the SPC upper camber arms! They in fact fit and will 100% correct any camber issue BUT they contact the body on the lowest setting. I just verified this before heading to the alignment shop so I'm going to reinstall the oem arms and wait for a set of lower control arms to hit the market. If you have the "low" version, at this time you must keep the factory upper arm in place to clear the frame. Wanted to share this with all. I don't mind being a guinea pig of sorts as it's all R&D for me and I have multiple vehicles do I can be without a vehicle for long periods of time. If you need camber correction and are not using the "low" version coils, they should work beautifully.

Hope this helps a few members.

1st pic shows the SPC camber arm installed with truck off the ground.

2nd pic shows SPC camber arm with truck on the ground. Immediate contact both sides. It was worth a try.... 🤔

Ford Maverick Scale Suspension Coilovers for 2022+ Ford Maverick [installed photos added] 20220925_152709

Ford Maverick Scale Suspension Coilovers for 2022+ Ford Maverick [installed photos added] 20220926_113908
Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Yes I get this. They also recommend starting at 12 (medium setting, and adjust 2 clicks at a time. I guess I'll start there... but why are others having better ride quality at 9 and 10 clicks? 😆
Not meaning to state the obvious, but others posted here seem to be riding on a lot more sidewall than you are. Maybe that's the difference lol?

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not meaning to state the obvious, but others posted here seem to be riding on a lot more sidewall than you are. Maybe that's the difference lol?
The ride quality I had on the H&R springs was great. Sure a thinner sidewalls contributes to a slightly rougher ride... but imho not a bouncy ride.

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These camber arms... they're for the rear of AWD Mavericks, correct?
Correct. It's a shame that the issue is that the "u" shape of the SPC arms aren't a lil deeper because they completely solved my camber issue in the rear... but frame contact is a no no.

Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I set my fronts to 14 (factory was set to 0 when I thought it was in the middle… whoops)
Made it slightly better but is bouncy/stiff

I’m super curious why we are having mixed ride quality reviews, unless it’s just personal preferences
Mine rides nothing like it did at stock height, but since it looks so good I can deal with it

I was hoping the SPC parts were different than the ones we tried on my truck
I guess it’s what we get for being low

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I set my fronts to 14 (factory was set to 0 when I thought it was in the middle… whoops)
Made it slightly better but is bouncy/stiff

I’m super curious why we are having mixed ride quality reviews, unless it’s just personal preferences
Mine rides nothing like it did at stock height, but since it looks so good I can deal with it

I was hoping the SPC parts were different than the ones we tried on my truck
I guess it’s what we get for being low
....AND you have more meat on your tire's sidewalls. Lol.... there goes that theory! Lol.... yeah but with any new model it will take time for the aftermarket to catch up. We are just impatient. ;)

I'm low for life! We'll get it figured out. :)

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

"Ride quality" is as subjective as "good sound" I suppose, which could explain the differences reported. But bouncy is bouncy.

I'm much more particular about both at 51 then when I was 16, LOL. I don't know if my destroyed 51 year old back can handle a bouncy ride. I hope Scale works this out.

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Ride quality" is as subjective as "good sound" I suppose, which could explain the differences reported. But bouncy is bouncy.

I'm much more particular about both at 51 then when I was 16, LOL. I don't know if my destroyed 51 year old back can handle a bouncy ride. I hope Scale works this out.
Yeah its bouncy. I'm 52

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m going to compare it to a track focused car in the street kind of bouncy
Just really stiff
It turns wonderfully just doesn’t like bumpy roads
I’ve driven all kinds of cars with all kinds of suspension set ups
It’s right on the edge of too much for daily driving
If this was my family’s only vehicle it would probably be way over the line
But since I’m basically the only one ever in it I can deal, plus it looks so good

Sponsored
OP
OP
Smooth_criminal

Smooth_criminal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 ford f100, 2022 Ford Maverick ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@2016BoostedGreyGoose @volksnuts My girlfriend rode in mine today and had never been in a lowered vehicle and said she barely noticed a difference between it and before. I wonder if it's just the spring rate difference between low and standard. I thought when I saw volks pic of 16kg springs that was too much for street use. More like track or autocross springs.

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@2016BoostedGreyGoose @volksnuts My girlfriend rode in mine today and had never been in a lowered vehicle and said she barely noticed a difference between it and before. I wonder if it's just the spring rate difference between low and standard. I thought when I saw volks pic of 16kg springs that was too much for street use. More like track or autocross springs.
100% spring rate here. I would imagine they went with a firmer spring rate upfront due to how low you can lower the front. Keeps it from bottoming out on the very shallow inner fender liners. I may ask them for another set of springs...lol

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well it feels like a track car
But since yours looks just as low as the low versions I might just switch to normal spring

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you post a pic of your Maverick for comparison please?

OP
OP
Smooth_criminal

Smooth_criminal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 ford f100, 2022 Ford Maverick ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@volksnuts @2016BoostedGreyGoose should we post places recommending people stick to the standard version unless using for track/autocross purposes. May save some others the trouble.
Sponsored