Sponsored

Saw a truck I'd never heard of today. Suzuki Equator.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else never heard of this truck? 2009-2012

Ford Maverick Saw a truck I'd never heard of today. Suzuki Equator. PXL_20220927_193335902_2
Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Back in the day I drove a Suzuki Samurai..that for a Suzuki is massive!

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep as previously stated it’s just a re-badged Nissan Frontier. Mitsubishi attempted to break into the American pickup market with their Raider as well, which was really just a Dodge Dakota. Both of these trucks just have different body panels and badges but mechanically aren’t changed from the vehicles they are based on. The Mitsubishi could even be spec’d with the 4.7 V8 that was in the Dakota, which could really scoot
Ford Maverick Saw a truck I'd never heard of today. Suzuki Equator. 1664309482592

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am the proud owner of a 2012 Equator Crew Cab 4x4 with 130K. Been a great truck! Bought in 2015 for $15K and 55K miles (those were the days). A comparable Frontier would have been $22K at the time. Suzuki stopped selling in the US after 2012 so poor resale value. They did honor their 7 year 100K warranty though, and I had 2 leaking valve cover gaskets (separate trips), a carrier bearing, and driveshaft replaced under warranty where it would not have been with the Nissan 3/50 warranty. Only downsides are lousy gas mileage (15-20 mpg) and huge turning radius with crew cab and 6 foot bed. Maine winters starting to get to the undercarriage. Ordered an XL Hybrid last week. Hoping the Equator will last until it comes in (could be a loooong wait I know :)).

Sponsored

ColoradoRed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Life is weird. I saw one of these today as well and wondered the exact same thing. Glad I’m not the only one!

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Back in the day I drove a Suzuki Samurai..that for a Suzuki is massive!
I kinda miss mine, thinking the Maverick will bring back the same kind of fun + utility.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rebadged Frontier. Good truck up to a point…that point being the transmission and transmission cooling. Problem is all frontiers had a fault that could put radiator fluid in the transmission due to a fault cooling design. Ultimately was a recall / fix…BUT suzuki never got the recall. Further complicating is if you want to replace the transmission, or the valve assembly (what broke) you cannot get remans because it is a Suzuki - and Nissan will not reprogram.

Went through this dance with my brothers truck and finally just sold the thing. With no dealer support and different part numbers was just too much of a PItA. Good truck overall as noted above.
Sponsored