Sponsored

Rumor Mill: PHEV AWD Maverick (Plug In Hybrid)

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First off... Love love love our Lux Lariat Hybrid. Ok, I say "our" it is hers, which was not the original plan... Wifes 2019 Lexus RX350 was sent down the road. I never imagined she would trade the Lexus for the Maverick. The Maverick was to be my work truck! (The Lexus RX350 is a great SUV, highly recommend btw... ) Where I am going with this is: if the rumors are true (assorted relible web sites w/pics suggest they are) and Ford is working on a AWD PHEV Maverick... The day it is available to order I will be all over that and we will be a two Maverick household.
Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Highly unlikely, but you’ll know more in August. Maverick is a hit because of the low cost starting price point and utility - heck it was just a perfect storm with the market highs going on too and low availability for all manufacturers… I myself don’t believe they’re going to be making many changes for the first year or so, especially to hurt the cost strategy. But it’s only my opinion ;)

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the soonest we MIGHT see such a thing would be at the model refresh timing in a couple years, best case. More likely at FMC timing, if at all.

But yeah, I would be all over that as well. 🤠

Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PHEV AWD would be awesome. AWD hybrid would be awesome. But I really doubt that either will be MY2023, maybe '24 more likely '25.

I plan on ordering in August and already told my dealer that PHEV or hybrid AWD would be my preference. He thought I was joking...........

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First off... Love love love our Lux Lariat Hybrid. Ok, I say "our" it is hers, which was not the original plan... Wifes 2019 Lexus RX350 was sent down the road. I never imagined she would trade the Lexus for the Maverick. The Maverick was to be my work truck! (The Lexus RX350 is a great SUV, highly recommend btw... ) Where I am going with this is: if the rumors are true (assorted relible web sites w/pics suggest they are) and Ford is working on a AWD PHEV Maverick... The day it is available to order I will be all over that and we will be a two Maverick household.
I heard from a reliable source that they will have a 4x4 Hybrid by 2024. Not sure about a PHEV.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honestly the whole Maverick development process has been really fast considering. I beleive Ford even admitted as much. I think they realize the potential for earnings and want to spend as little time as possible making the truck we all want, then they can have us addicted and empty our wallets with trim upgrades.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly the whole Maverick development process has been really fast considering. I beleive Ford even admitted as much. I think they realize the potential for earnings and want to spend as little time as possible making the truck we all want, then they can have us addicted and empty our wallets with trim upgrades.
who is "we all" exactly? The XL ECO AWD Maverick is EXACTLY the truck I want right now. No use now or ever for anything EV in any of my vehicles. At most I would consider an EV crate motor swap in my Grand Cherokee down the road if they take away my ICE vehicles.

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If a PHEV version comes out, it's an instant order for me. Simple as that.
Been happy with my XL Hybrid. Enough that I'll be going with a Lariat trim this time around.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No use now or ever for anything EV in any of my vehicles.
Curious why not? Not trying to start an argument, I am considering an EV for our next vehicle (after the Maverick) and would like to see what people's objections to EVs are. Obviously not for everybody, at least not right now.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
who is "we all" exactly? The XL ECO AWD Maverick is EXACTLY the truck I want right now. No use now or ever for anything EV in any of my vehicles. At most I would consider an EV crate motor swap in my Grand Cherokee down the road if they take away my ICE vehicles.
Ok, so... you needed to say this why?

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My thoughts are that the Maverick XL (Eco or Hybrid) is the perfect base for individuals to start building THEIR version on the perfect vehicle for their wants/needs. Packages and other addons will make this happen, kind of ala cart.
Sponsored