Sponsored

Rough Idle & Glowing Cat - Poll

Have you been affected by the rough idling & glowing hot catalytic converter issue?

• Total voters

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm trying to get an idea of how widespread this issue is and who's being affected by it, so I made this little poll. Let me know if you think there are any additional options I should add. Thanks!
Sponsored

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to get an idea of how widespread this issue is and who's being affected by it, so I made this little poll. Let me know if you think there are any additional options I should add. Thanks!
Thanks for doing this

Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! Watching this thread... I know it has to be cold outside for it to happen, so if ppl are voting no, I wonder if they are in a hotter climate.

OP
OP
LelandJ

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! Watching this thread... I know it has to be cold outside for it to happen, so if ppl are voting no, I wonder if they are in a hotter climate.
Yes, good question. I was thinking of adding an option of "I don't know because I live in a warm climate" or something like that.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've done remote start via the app 3 or 4 times with my hybrid in the 20's F and 6 or 7 times in the 30's with zero problems. Run time 5 to 10 minutes before driving.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LelandJ

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, that's the unfortunate situation. I posted the link to this poll in another popular thread about the glowing cat issue, hoping it drives some eyes to this.

I also posted the link in a Reddit comment too, but was instantly downvoted for some reason, LOL. Wouldn't all Maverick owners be interested in this information??

Reactions: Aza

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait, this problem only happens when you use remote start? I've never used that on my Hybrid yet, but haven't had the issue otherwise.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although I live in a region that's been experiencing -5 to 0 F temps this week, I don't use remote start or let my truck idle for more than a few moments before driving. Hybrid XL.

Last edited:

nice sandwich

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve used the remote start on a handful of cold mornings so far and have not encountered this problem. Lowest it’s been is 20F and I usually wait until I feel a bit of warmth from the auto climate before turning on max defrost. I’d be nervous if I needed to leave it idling longer to defrost a thick layer of ice, but in our milder climate I’m happy with how quickly the engine heats up and I’m fairly confident I won’t run into this problem.

OSRAlyssa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
I have used remote start with my Ecoboost for the whole month I've owned it and have had no issue. Since this came up I've been using it sparingly lol

Sponsored

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alleviated by:
Settings, remote start, turn off after 5 minutes and climate to manual last setting (not automatic). -or-
Start with key, put in gear.
On my hybrid, only occurs at subzero exterior temps. Exterior temp sensor working flawlessly.

Fuel is E10, 87 octane. Extended mpg calculation is 31-32 mpg at 65 mph at 0 degrees F. Head/tail wind causes variance. Onboard calculator matches old school math.

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had my Maverick since early October, live in Chicago, and have used remote start all winter every day I drive it. Haven't noticed an idle problem or glowing cats. How are we even seeing the cats glow?

Can someone summarize what the issue is or when it happens?

edit: Never mind. I hadn't read about this but now I see the other threads. I have the EB, so not a problem.

Last edited:

Turito

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Yeah, that's the unfortunate situation. I posted the link to this poll in another popular thread about the glowing cat issue, hoping it drives some eyes to this.

I also posted the link in a Reddit comment too, but was instantly downvoted for some reason, LOL. Wouldn't all Maverick owners be interested in this information??
I was trying to figure out if only people with the XL and XLT were having issues with their interior, specifically the drivers seat issue that’s been appearing. And I got downvoted by a lot too for some reason, thankfully someone backed me up and wondered why as well as he was also concerned on how much the was becoming an issue with a lot of owners. Anyways, I am concerned about Ford and people who give maverick info news not mention this issue happening or giving answers as this is a serious concern. Not trying to be negative, but I can see why maybe it doesn’t want to be brought up. But I’m hoping MY THOUGHTS are wrong and this situation gets fixed or gets some major attention to where something gets done.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've only had the surging idle happen once. And it was after sitting outside for a while. Almost without exception, the Mav get garaged unless being driven.
Sponsored

Last edited: