Sponsored

ROUGH COUNTRY Hard Low Profile Bed Cover - impressions / feedback?

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have any feedback, positive or negative, after installing and using the cover on their 2022 Maverick? It's less expensive than all the others, but does it keep rain out? Is it easy to open/close?
Sponsored

This Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it keeps the rain out and easy to open/close.
Two thumbs up from me.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got one, I really like it, used it for a couple of weeks. Very easy to use, looks great, keeps most water out (a tiny bit gets in around the space around the sides of the tailgate, but most of that runs out from below anyway). I wouldn’t hesitate to keep anything that needs to stay dry back there.

Just make sure you get the stripping on the bulkhead straight, if it’s too far back towards the windshield it will cause the weather stripping on the cover not to seal and let a little bit of water in around the bulkhead. I had to adjust after installation to fix this.

Also, it really helps to have someone hold the rails for you while installing to make sure you get them on straight.

Ford Maverick ROUGH COUNTRY Hard Low Profile Bed Cover - impressions / feedback? 94F08734-845A-431A-8020-5DC3288A0772

OP
OP

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got one, I really like it, used it for a couple of weeks. Very easy to use, looks great, keeps most water out (a tiny bit gets in around the space around the sides of the tailgate, but most of that runs out from below anyway). I wouldn’t hesitate to keep anything that needs to stay dry back there.

Just make sure you get the stripping on the bulkhead straight, if it’s too far back towards the windshield it will cause the weather stripping on the cover not to seal and let a little bit of water in around the bulkhead. I had to adjust after installation to fix this.

Also, it really helps to have someone hold the rails for you while installing to make sure you get them on straight.

94F08734-845A-431A-8020-5DC3288A0772.jpeg
In all of the posts and reviews I've seen of it, I haven't seen if it can be folded all the way up against the cab and how it would be secured.
Can it be secured in that position?
Also, how easy or difficult is it to remove completely to have full access to the bed?

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In all of the posts and reviews I've seen of it, I haven't seen if it can be folded all the way up against the cab and how it would be secured.
Also, how easy or difficult is it to remove completely to have full access to the bed?
Thats the one thing that has held me off from buying this cover. I don't think it can be opened all the way like a Gator FX cover can be. I feel like being able to open all the way up and rest against the cab is a very useful feature too when hauling furniture. Just open up the cover and you are good to go, vs having to remove it and hope you have space in the bed with the furniture.

I'm still on the fence though, Gator FX is about $160 more than the rough country hard cover.

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Folding up to the cab and covering the rear window is the one thing this cover won’t do. Taking it off isn’t hard, though. There are four hand-tightened clamps under the back plate that you can loosen to take the entire cover off. I know there are some that fold up to the cab but they do cost more. I figured I’d save the money and take the cover off if I really had to have full access.

Unrelated, but I can confirm: I took the family to the beach this week and got caught in a huge rainstorm in traffic. Not a drop of water in the bed with all our stuff when I checked it.
Sponsored