First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still can't get over the incredible value of the Maverick Hybrid Lariat. Through 9,700 miles, we still love it.

I tend to choose more city driving routes because it's such a great ride. I listen to audio books, music, and work training. It has such a quiet cabin evironment compared to our old 1995 Ranger 2.3 S/C M/T.

I was previously driving 80% freeway. After I changed my driving routes, I'm riding around at about 65% freeway miles now.

In the 9,700 miles, there was one blip covered under warranty, and it turned out to be a inexpensive common module which went faulty. A week at the dealer, a Ford-provided rental car, and our Mav is good as new!

Factory tonneau is still nice and water-tight.

Also after 9,700 miles, I recently got back behind the wheel of the Fusion Hybrid I previously drove (we gifted it to our daughter when the Mav came in, so it's still around), and I definitely like the power and CVT of our Maverick better in comparison to the Fusion Hybrid.

For the 9,700 mile fuel economy review, we're achieving a lifetime fuel economy of 38.8 mpg, which includes half of a Michigan winter, and an average Michigan spring. Note these pictures below. The trip odometer has never been reset since the 8 miles on it when we picked it up. This represents the lifetime fuel economy of 38.8 mpg.

Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat IMG-1136

The second pic is the ROLLING AVERAGE fuel economy. Does anyone know how far the 'fuel economy screen' mpg goes back?

Like the trip odometer, the 'fuel economy screen' tracker has never been reset, but it appears to calculate based on a rolling average. Maybe 3 K, 4 K or 5 K miles? This screen/calculation/tracker has a higher reading, 42.9 mpg. I figure the more favorable spring temperatures in the more recent rolling average miles account for this difference. Note: I made a previous MTC post documenting my winter fuel economy numbers vs exterior temps.

Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat IMG-1135

Anyway, I'm glad to be back into a truck for my everyday ride!
Sponsored

Last edited:

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love to see the the great MPG readouts with a breakdown of the driving habits and mention of seasonal conditions over the duration of the readings. I'm always impressed with the readouts I have with my 2020 Sonata Hybrid: our 5000 mile, 4 weeks trip in the early spring from Maine to South Florida to Memphis to Maine. The trip screen showed 50.4 MPG. However, when I got home, I tallied up the 4500 mile gas receipt collection and came up with 47.2, still nothing to complain about. Has anyone else compared their results like this?

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still can't get over the incredible value of the Maverick Hybrid Lariat. Through 9,700 miles, we still love it.

I tend to choose more city driving routes because it's such a great ride. I listen to audio books, music, and work training. It has such a quiet cabin evironment compared to our old 1995 Ranger 2.3 S/C M/T.

I was previously driving 80% freeway. After I changed my driving routes, I'm riding around at about 65% freeway miles now.

In the 9,700 miles, there was one blip covered under warranty, and it turned out to be a inexpensive common module which went faulty. A week at the dealer, a Ford-provided rental car, and our Mav is good as new!

Factory tonneau is still nice and water-tight.

Also after 9,700 miles, I recently got back behind the wheel of the Fusion Hybrid I previously drove (we gifted it to our daughter when the Mav came in, so it's still around), and I definitely like the power and CVT of Maverick better in comparison to the Fusion Hybrid.

For the 9,700 mile fuel economy review, we're achieving a lifetime fuel economy of 38.8 mpg, which includes half of a Michigan winter, and an average Michigan spring. Note these pictures below. The trip odometer has never been reset since the 8 miles on it when we picked it up. This represents the lifetime fuel economy of 38.8 mpg.

View attachment 55469

The second pic is the ROLLING AVERAGE fuel economy. Does anyone know how far the 'fuel economy screen' mpg goes back?

Like the trip odometer, the 'fuel economy screen' tracker has never been reset, but it appears to calculate based on a rolling average. Maybe 3 K, 4 K or 5 K miles? This screen/calculation/tracker has a higher reading, 42.9 mpg. I figure the more favorable spring temperatures in the more recent rolling average miles account for this difference. Note: I made a previous MTC post documenting my winter fuel economy numbers vs exterior temps.

View attachment 55470

Anyway, I'm glad to be back into a truck for my everyday ride! I'll...

View attachment 55471
Very interesting, thanks! I reset my trip 1 every time I fill my tank to check the mpg/tank. I thought the fuel economy screen showed my mpg for the life of the truck so now I’m a little bit confused. Regardless I am thrilled with my gas consumption! Having just turnEd 7000 miles and averaging one 900 mile RT every month since getting the truck I’m averaging 42.9 mpg! Not as great as my EV but at least I have room to haul things😊👍🏻

22XLThybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid (order July 21)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very interesting, thanks! I reset my trip 1 every time I fill my tank to check the mpg/tank. I thought the fuel economy screen showed my mpg for the life of the truck so now I’m a little bit confused. Regardless I am thrilled with my gas consumption! Having just turnEd 7000 miles and averaging one 900 mile RT every month since getting the truck I’m averaging 42.9 mpg! Not as great as my EV but at least I have room to haul things😊👍🏻
I must be in the same world... but my average in 948 miles is 46.1 I can get about that on the highway.... and when I really try hard i can get some amazing hypermile moments.

Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat PXL_20220609_014918155 (1)

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love to see the the great MPG readouts with a breakdown of the driving habits and mention of seasonal conditions over the duration of the readings. I'm always impressed with the readouts I have with my 2020 Sonata Hybrid: our 5000 mile, 4 weeks trip in the early spring from Maine to South Florida to Memphis to Maine. The trip screen showed 50.4 MPG. However, when I got home, I tallied up the 4500 mile gas receipt collection and came up with 47.2, still nothing to complain about. Has anyone else compared their results like this?
Cool ‘66 Ford in your Avatar my friend....😎✔🇺🇸

Sponsored

Waitingtosee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2022 Ford Maverick FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure wish I could get one! 🙏

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The mileage is great. Experiencing the same numbers on my xlt. I just drive it without thinking much about mpgs because I know the most important thing is already there. Having picked up the Hybrid.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be in the same world... but my average in 948 miles is 46.1 I can get about that on the highway.... and when I really try hard i can get some amazing hypermile moments.

PXL_20220609_014918155 (1).jpg
My personal best hypermiling:
Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat 20220509_114830

Some other good short trips
Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat 20220524_091330

This was probably 70-30 city to highway all some trailer pulling time (about 40 miles)
Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat 20220526_090104

My regular trip I've gotten better at staying in electric despite the hills and just using the engine when it's actually needed.
Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat 20220519_082130
Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat 20220517_082039

Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat 20220523_082608
Ford Maverick Rolling Average?  9,700 mile Review and Fuel Economy Check-In, Hybrid Lariat 20220602_082434

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We'll be heading to Eastport from Wisconsin in Sept. That will be our first long trip. we'll see how the numbers look then. Currently 2200 miles, 5th tank of gas going in tomorrow, 48.5 mpg average.

Sponsored

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XLT reports a lifetime MPG of 38.5 MPG however when I do the hand math it's more like 36mpg. FWIW

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XLT reports a lifetime MPG of 38.5 MPG however when I do the hand math it's more like 26mpg. FWIW
its normal to be off a little, but you’re saying it is off 12.5mpg? Or did you mean 36mpg?

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
its normal to be off a little, but you’re saying it is off 12.5mpg? Or did you mean 36mpg?
Typo! Meant 36! Corrected

OP
OP
Mach E CP

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XLT reports a lifetime MPG of 38.5 MPG however when I do the hand math it's more like 36mpg. FWIW
Yes, I knew a grad student in the early 90's who wrote/logged all odometer readings and gallons-filled data in a little red pocket book. I think he had VW golf or the American version of it...the 4-door Dodge Omni/Plymouth Horizon hatchback.

Ideally, over time, that combined data and mileage would reduce mpg error/variance caused by inconistent pump 'fill to gas pump click-stop,' or any overfilling. But to have the most accurate hand-calucations, it would require YOU filling the vehicle every time. If you loan your car/truck to someone and they top it off, or your spouse drives it and fills it without telling you, your ultimate, hand-calculated numbers will be innacurate.

I'll stick to our Mav's original, never reset, trip tracker fuel economy reading.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We'll be heading to Eastport from Wisconsin in Sept. That will be our first long trip. we'll see how the numbers look then. Currently 2200 miles, 5th tank of gas going in tomorrow, 48.5 mpg average.
Are you going to the Pirate Festival, the weekend after Labor Day? I'm hoping to get to Wisconsin in the fall, friends and family to see. Probably won't have my Maverick though, but I can hope.
Sponsored