Sponsored

Rodent Repellent… Electric hookup on Hybrid?

maximus117

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello everyone! I am lucky to say that we just picked up our Hybrid Maverick this past weekend (Originally ordered in October 2021). I live in a place that is prone to mice, and we’ve had them in our other cars. I wanted to try and hook up a Rodent Repeller device, but I’m used to hooking them up to the battery terminal.

The hybrid has a battery terminal prong for jumping under the hood, but it’s more just for jumping. Long story short, is it possible to hook the Repeller up to the prong as well? Here’s a link to the device:

Loraffe Under Hood Animal Repeller Rodent Repellent Ultrasonic Rat Deterrent
https://a.co/d/bP6g2CL

Thank you in advanced!
Sponsored

Fitzovich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We just leave our hoods up between January 1st and March 31st each year during squirrel nesting season. My wife's Nissan Rogue sustained $4K in damage from the "charming" little fellows making a nest.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see a "deep sleep mode" in your future. :unsure:

Ford Maverick Rodent Repellent… Electric hookup on Hybrid? mtcspec

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The jump stud looks like bus bar tied in under the 12V DC bus in Ford Boss Me's youtube video at 8:53

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick Owners Handbook says 'do not connect accessory's directly to the battery terminals', I think this maybe because there are current sensors built into the terminals, connecting to the battery bypasses these.
A friend had multiple electrical problems with his 2022 Dodge Ram after connecting under hood lights to his battery.

Sponsored

OP
OP

maximus117

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a feeling it was a no-go. They also make a version of the repellent that takes C batteries, so I’ll likely just go with that to be safe. They say replacement is only every month or so, so not too bad. Just thought I’d ask the experts! Thank you everyone!

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had 2 vehicles attacked by rodents in the last year. My 16 F150 had 75% of the non-engine wiring harness damaged to the tune of $3500 and my Maverick wiring suffered to the tune of $500. The Maverick was outside for only 2 days at it is usually garaged. I now use Fox Urine granules to repel the mice, rats and rabbits that are in the area. (a rabbit had moved into the F150). I have had no issues since.

Fitzovich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a feeling it was a no-go. They also make a version of the repellent that takes C batteries, so I’ll likely just go with that to be safe. They say replacement is only every month or so, so not too bad. Just thought I’d ask the experts! Thank you everyone!
If you have a link to the one with the C batteries please share if possible.

OP
OP

maximus117

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Maverick Owners Handbook says 'do not connect accessory's directly to the battery terminals', I think this maybe because there are current sensors built into the terminals, connecting to the battery bypasses these.
A friend had multiple electrical problems with his 2022 Dodge Ram after connecting under hood lights to his battery.
That means don't connect negative.

Negative on any accessory always goes to the shortest path to a good metal frame ground. Never negative battery terminal or hybrid jump point.

Positive is fine to connect, properly fused.
Sponsored