Sponsored

Rock Crawling modified BS Badlands(Tremor kin) vs modified Ridgeline!!!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Saw this lurking on the Bronco Sport forum. They are kicking serious ass on some of these obstacles, BS is definitely doing it easier than the Ridgeline even though it sits a bit taller. I think a Tremor with an appropriate amount of lift and in cab controllable rear air bags(for tail clearance) would be 98% as good as this Bronco Sport. Also they have a nice bumper and computer protection setup for the Bronco Sport. This video gives me alot of confidence in the possibilities of the Tremor!

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I looked up the Broncos specs and it appears it is only lifted 2 inches and runs 265/65r17. Still not quite a 31" tire. If a Tremor can be lifted 2" aswell its slightly larger wheel wells could fit a 31" of sorts. I think it fall somewhere between the Honda and the Bronco here.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Those are cool after market bumpers on the BS. Also Looks like a skid plate was added under the bumper in front of where the stock skid plate is.

The BS badlands has a few years head start on the Tremor Maverick in the aftermarket. But they are much alike so I hope there will be options like this for the Tremor soon.

The video looks like an interesting place to go off roading. I think this is east of Victorville in Southern California. Only a few hours drive from Los Angeles. "Cougar Buttes" The video may say but I missed it.

Last edited:

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well if you have the money risk expensive street legal vehicles go for it. I think its crazy dumb. Have a friend of mine does this stuff BUT he used a custom built jeep rig not street legal he trailers it. Has HUGE tires. If he rolls it no big deal as it has roll cage. Roll one of those in video its destroyed. I don't get it using a nice street truck , if you want to do that use a custom built off road rig.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well if you have the money risk expensive street legal vehicles go for it. I think its crazy dumb. Have a friend of mine does this stuff BUT he used a custom built jeep rig not street legal he trailers it. Has HUGE tires. If he rolls it no big deal as it has roll cage. Roll one of those in video its destroyed. I don't get it using a nice street truck , if you want to do that use a custom built off road rig.
If I had the money I would just build 2 like that so I can have freinds follow me out on the trail, to make em believers. Why not.

Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I beleive that one has rubbing issues. And definitely has pinch weld cutting. But yeah it can be done and i love it.
Not a surprise there was some rubbing, that is a big tire. Impressive they got it on there. I would not have guessed it would fit.

To get a better departure angle I wonder if a higher clearance rear bumper could be installed?

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not a surprise there was some rubbing, that is a big tire. Impressive they got it on there. I would not have guessed it would fit.

To get a better departure angle I wonder if a higher clearance rear bumper could be installed?
Im sure things could be tucked up better. Probably have to reprogram the whole truck lol (does forscan do it?)! I also plan to assist with departure by putting air bags in the rear springs with an in cab switch to keep the rear at max height when it has to, like when the front suspension is loaded on a different plane than the rear. As a momentary thing. I really dont think I will do big things like trimming and welding the fenders while its still under warranty but 5 or 6 years from now. I will experiment with opening the fenders, moving the computer, and making hard modifications to the suspension after that, then maybe 32s or even 33s could happen. That could add up to a 5" ground clearance increase. Then it could probably hang with mild XJs, classic Rangers, and maybe out do some of the short arm IFS rigs like S10s and toyotas.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I need to stay off the bronco sport forum.
Too many cool accessories to be jealous of.
JcrOffroad is making full skids and rock sliders for the BS.
Sponsored