Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got done with my first road trip with the maverick, hauling my atv to Glamis California. My quad has modified suspension, and at nearly 50” wide it wouldn’t fit in the bed. I used a ratchet strap to pull the front control arms in toward each other, effectively drooping out the suspension and reducing the width just enough to fit.

I put a 2x12 on the wheel wells to give the front tires a secure platform to sit on, since it’s too wide to fit between the wheel wells. I put nutserts in the holes on the wheel wells and bolted the board down.

I also installed d rings in the front corners of the bed. I used “medium duty” husky brand d rings from Home Depot. The holes didn’t quite match up so I had to do a little grinding with a dremel. Others have suggested using m8x1.25 bolts for d rings in this location, but I found the holes to be slightly too big, so I opted for 3/8-16 instead.

Hauling my atv was the main reason I got my maverick, and I have to say it did the job perfectly! I’m lowered on H&R super sport springs, and it still drove great with a quad in the bed. I got 29.5 mpg, which I’m happy with, considering the front fenders are up above the roof disrupting the aero. I’m really liking this truck so far!

Ford Maverick Road Trip Hauling ATV with Bed Mods (and Lowered on H&R Super Sport Springs) AB0EBF14-B617-42B9-BEC9-F613A5729C03

Ford Maverick Road Trip Hauling ATV with Bed Mods (and Lowered on H&R Super Sport Springs) 5786BD5F-5C84-45EC-A49D-BD6231FF3535

Ford Maverick Road Trip Hauling ATV with Bed Mods (and Lowered on H&R Super Sport Springs) 97E3B996-57B4-42A8-86FE-71C2C96C1F3A

Ford Maverick Road Trip Hauling ATV with Bed Mods (and Lowered on H&R Super Sport Springs) ACFA9B44-36A9-4E3A-8B63-AD54973E0985
Sponsored

Last edited:

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sick. XPEL has come out with film kit for the tailgate finally - I already have 10+ rockchips on my tailgate from hauling my motorcycles around. Unfortunately the kit wasn't around It was ceramic coated, but doesn't stand a chance.

How has yours held up?

OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice setup, but tell me more about your fog lamp setup thank you!

Screenshot_20230123-155834.png
The lights are diode dynamics ss3 sport pods mounted with jjc mounts. I used the wiring harnesses that DD sells with the lights but they were too short so I’d recommend making your own if you can. I didn’t like the switches they came with either so I used Cali raised switches mounted in the dash cubby, wired to relays. I have a fog light thread on here with more pics. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/fog-lights-installed.24435/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sick. XPEL has come out with film kit for the tailgate finally - I already have 10+ rockchips on my tailgate from hauling my motorcycles around. Unfortunately the kit wasn't around It was ceramic coated, but doesn't stand a chance.

How has yours held up?
I’ll let you know when I unload my quad after work. Man, I hope it’s not messed up. Didn’t even think of that being an issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks fun!

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll let you know when I unload my quad after work. Man, I hope it’s not messed up. Didn’t even think of that being an issue.
Yeah I have the mudflaps on mine, and mine is also FWD.

Still have tones of chips and I am super sad. The ceramic coating didn't do anything, my entire front is wrapped (full hood, fenders, headlamps, a pillars, roof strip, mirrors etc etc). So I am extra mad haha.

The tailgate piece looks promising. Going to remove ceramic coating and install this on top of doing some paint pen work:

Ford Maverick Road Trip Hauling ATV with Bed Mods (and Lowered on H&R Super Sport Springs) 1674514245261

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Still have tones of chips and I am super sad. The ceramic coating didn't do anything, my entire front is wrapped (full hood, fenders, headlamps, a pillars, roof strip, mirrors etc etc). So I am extra mad haha.

The tailgate piece looks promising. Going to remove ceramic coating and install this on top of doing some paint pen work:

1674514245261.png
Dang that sucks! Hopefully the pant pen blends in well. I got one small chip just above the ford emblem from this one trip. I’m definitely interested in that wrap. Have a link? Couldn’t find it on their site

OP
OP
Dodeboost

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

1674514245261.png
Nvm, found it. Def buying and installing this

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs