First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The biggest threat to the Maverick is a ten year old Ranger with low miles. But you only save a couple of grand going with a ten year old vehicle, so why wouldn't you buy the new one if you really don't need a six foot bed?
Sponsored

Graph

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I'm trading my 2018 Escape with 23K on it. It is comfortable to drive but the back compartment is so small it is useless. Also, for a 2WD 4 cylinder the milage is terrible. If there was enough room for golf clubs and got 32MPG I would love to keep it.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm trading my 2018 Escape with 23K on it. It is comfortable to drive but the back compartment is so small it is useless. Also, for a 2WD 4 cylinder the milage is terrible. If there was enough room for golf clubs and got 32MPG I would love to keep it.
I have a 2018 Escape S FWD with the 2.5L engine. It came with the Michelin gas saver tires. I was getting 31-33 mpg on the interstate depending on whether I used 87 or 93 octane and 10% ethanol or non-ethanol fuel and keeping it at 70 mph or just under. I put a set of Michelin defenders on about 6 months ago and it actually picked up 1 mpg over the suppossed "gas saver" tires. As far as space for golf clubs, I'm assuming you mean with the rear seats up, not down.

Graph

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I have a 2018 Escape S FWD with the 2.5L engine. It came with the Michelin gas saver tires. I was getting 31-33 mpg on the interstate depending on whether I used 87 or 93 octane and 10% ethanol or non-ethanol fuel and keeping it at 70 mph or just under. I put a set of Michelin defenders on about 6 months ago and it actually picked up 1 mpg over the suppossed "gas saver" tires. As far as space for golf clubs, I'm assuming you mean with the rear seats up, not down.
Yes, I can get 31-33 highway but average is about 24ish. Golf clubs will go in with rear seats down. It's just a pain ita.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you’re right.
Doesn’t the escape have a more quality interior/touchscreen and more features? Plus slightly larger interior?

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

More like: "The biggest threat to the Ford Escape is the Ford Maverick". I can see lots of potential Escape owners decide to go for the Maverick instead. It's cheaper and the 2.0L engine and AWD can be had in the maverick for about $7k less. Even the Hybrid Maverick is lots cheaper than the hybrid Escape. ........ plus the current Escape is homely as hell IMO.
Homely! I can only go up, I have a Buick Encore. My friends call it the Potato. The Mav will be a fashion statement for me.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Homely! I can only go up, I have a Buick Encore. My friends call it the Potato. The Mav will be a fashion statement for me.
Not trying to offend but I could never get the popularity of the Buick Encore/Chevy Trax. Mostly the Buick Encore because it is more expensive than the Chevy version. I remember seeing loaded Encores going for over $30K. Crazy. Built on the Chevy Sonic platform with a 1.4L turbo engine and less passenger & cargo space than my previous gen Ford Escape.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not trying to offend but I could never get the popularity of the Buick Encore/Chevy Trax. Mostly the Buick Encore because it is more expensive than the Chevy version. I remember seeing loaded Encores going for over $30K. Crazy. Built on the Chevy Sonic platform with a 1.4L turbo engine and less passenger & cargo space than my previous gen Ford Escape.
I love my Encore. Got it off the dealer lot with options for $20k. It was new but a year old. Zero problems in 6 years and I've towed a lot with it. Averages over 31mpg and handles well. Zips around like a bug in the parking lots.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well for $20K you got a very good deal.

docsmith1511

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT LUX velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More like: "The biggest threat to the Ford Escape is the Ford Maverick". I can see lots of potential Escape owners decide to go for the Maverick instead. It's cheaper and the 2.0L engine and AWD can be had in the maverick for about $7k less. Even the Hybrid Maverick is lots cheaper than the hybrid Escape. ........ plus the current Escape is homely as hell IMO.
Trading in my 2009 Ford Escape hybrid in for my my 22 Mav,
Trading in my 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid in for the Maverick, build date was 9-14-22 and ordered on 2 Aug 21. Hopefully I will get it by Xmas.
Sponsored