First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah the "hack" cruise control will be enabled through Forscan and will be just as Ford and official as yours.

I would have ordered CP360 regardless of trim so I have power mirrors on my XL model.

I'll give you the wheels from the onset but I will either by an aftermarket set that I like better than the XLT or find a set of XLT for cheap. Then I'll have my steelies for dedicated snow tires. It's perfect actually for me.

Again - different strokes for different folks. I found the best trim and options to customize for my tastes.

Sounds like you did too.

That's one of the great things of the Mav.
Its hack because you are literally hacking the ford system. If you are ever in a bad accident and your insurance thinks it was caused by vehicle modifications that literally required hacking the Ford system... good luck getting a payout, and good luck on them covering your liability on the other persons vehicle and or health costs. Some stuff is not worth it to save a couple grand.

That is not really a different strokes for different folks kinda issue, its people messing with the computer systems in their vehicles in a way Ford never intended. Sure you can do it, its a free country (somewhat), but you are taking on a lot of liability in the process. I have the safety of myself, a wife, a kid and $100Ks in assets I don't feel like potentially risking to save $2k.

We can do anything, as long as we are willing to accept the consequences.
Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
our 2020 escape hybrid awd was 38k...my hybrid mav lariat with options is 33k...i feel like that is still one helluva bargain, and very affordable. .....when it arrives
Agree. Keep them both.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its hack because you are literally hacking the ford system. If you are ever in a bad accident and your insurance thinks it was caused by vehicle modifications that literally required hacking the Ford system... good luck getting a payout, and good luck on them covering your liability on the other persons vehicle and or health costs. Some stuff is not worth it to save a couple grand.

That is not really a different strokes for different folks kinda issue, its people messing with the computer systems in their vehicles in a way Ford never intended. Sure you can do it, its a free country (somewhat), but you are taking on a lot of liability in the process. I have the safety of myself, a wife, a kid and $100Ks in assets I don't feel like potentially risking to save $2k.

We can do anything, as long as we are willing to accept the consequences.
I suppose if a rear end someone when my cruise control is engaged then you might have a point....

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The biggest threat to the Ford Maverick is Ford`s inability to build Hybrids in a timely fashion…..IMO

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I think it will bite into Bronco Sport lower trim models. I completely disagree with the comment it feels like a Bronco Sport. I own both. Sport feels short, seated in it and driving. Front end also feels larger than the Mav.
“Feels “is a pretty inherently subjective perspective. The maverick interior is comfortable enough to easily accommodate a 6 foot 8” or a 6 foot3”driver with a 6 foot 3” passenger seated behind ;i’m not sure how much bigger you want it to be

Sponsored

Skeeziks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2018 Escape (which I like a lot) will be swapped out for a Maverick in a couple of months.

Skeeziks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree. Went lariat lux because we plan to use it as a road tripper with a small trailer. I want to be in a comfy environment with adaptive cruise and a nicer sound system when behind the wheel for hours at a time.
My sentiments exactly

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Exactly, my opinion, the Maverick is a tremendous value. Might not have all of the bells and whistles but mine was out the door at slightly over 33k with every package for an XLT. Fun to drive, versatile, good MPG, and it looks fantastic.
I drive more now than I ever have just because it’s a blast to drive. The heated seats and steering wheel are awesome in the cold weather. It looks damn good too.

46344651-316E-445D-A594-45DE22110F34.jpeg
Alto blue looks super sharp with the black wheels. Almost changed my XLT Area 51 blue to Alto blue, but without the Fx4 package the wheels are gunmetal grey and don't look as good on Alto blue IMO.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Alto blue looks super sharp with the black wheels. Almost changed my XLT Area 51 blue to Alto blue, but without the Fx4 package the wheels are gunmetal grey and don't look as good on Alto blue IMO.
Thanks, I think the few extra dollars for Alto was worth every penny. Ford offered some great color choices for the Maverick and I haven’t seen a color that doesn’t look great on the Maverick.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$2300 difference puts me right at the starting price for a base XLT. I get a leather wrapped steering wheel (which is actually a big deal to me) and then I get a leather interior with heated seats - which you cannot get in an XLT.

I get leather wrapped steering wheel and heated leather seats.

You get blue and orange interior accents with denim cloth seats. You do get some extra tiedowns, bed cubby storage, rear seat fold down arm rest and a power tailgate.

I think my $2,300 was much better spent.

But if you want - you can also get heated seats and a leather wrapped steering wheel for the extra $2,300 through the XLT luck package.

To each their own. I'd never waste my money on the XLT.
Yep. Glad you're going your own way. The XL is such a great deal for that. I just needed a good dd with cc right off the lot and I liked the xlt wheels way more. Plus I like the denim and dont mind the orange lol. I'll see how I like the base wheel but I do think I'll be getting a leather wrap soon

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im being offered close to $9800 now on Carmax for my 2012 CRV I am selling soon. Will have close to 103k miles by then. Hoping to get at least that to wipe out the rest of the loan.
My mom has an immaculate 08 top trim crv with like 90k. Got offered 13k for it at her dealership. Things are crazy out there.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My mom has an immaculate 08 top trim crv with like 90k. Got offered 13k for it at her dealership. Things are crazy out there.
Thats my approach, when my Maverick gets closer I plan on getting a Carmax appraisal. If I don't like the number then I will maybe do a private sale. My girlfriend found a service on Kelly Blue book that let dealers know that she is thinking about selling and she got a ton of offers on her 2014 crv with 110k miles.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The article makes good points about the hybrid being a great value compared to a loaded lariat that doesn't give "as much truck" as a lower tier f-150.

You have to wonder if/how Ford is going to change the lineup in the coming years. My thought is that if the maverick is as huge a success long term as it seems it might be, they could discontinue the ranger as redundant and raise prices on the maverick, justified by including more features into the base models. Ford probably isn't all that interested in dominating the bottom of the market, at least not for the long term.

The hybrid feels a bit underpriced as it is.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The article makes good points about the hybrid being a great value compared to a loaded lariat that doesn't give "as much truck" as a lower tier f-150.

You have to wonder if/how Ford is going to change the lineup in the coming years. My thought is that if the maverick is as huge a success long term as it seems it might be, they could discontinue the ranger as redundant and raise prices on the maverick, justified by including more features into the base models. Ford probably isn't all that interested in dominating the bottom of the market, at least not for the long term.

The hybrid feels a bit underpriced as it is.
The Ranger is a "real" truck that goes against the Tacoma and Frontier. It's not going anywhere.