Sponsored

RanCheeto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt, Audi TT, 59 Corvette, 30 Model A, etc...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think other posters nail it. It all comes down to value. Consumers that rushed out and ordered Maverick want the value and utility / versatility the vehicle offers. It's fuel economy and price are competitive with compact cars or better. It can take 4 people comfortably. Has a truck bed for weekend warrior type stuff.

Even if you buy the Lariat there is a value there for that buyer.
I agree. Went lariat lux because we plan to use it as a road tripper with a small trailer. I want to be in a comfy environment with adaptive cruise and a nicer sound system when behind the wheel for hours at a time.
Sponsored

Killjoyken

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lame comparison to an F150 XLT. That starting $35k gets you a standard cab 2 wheel drive with the base V6. Need to carry more passengers? Upgrade to the supercab and you're at $38K. Need 4WD? Now you're at almost $42k before any other options.

My AWD XLT Lux was under $30k. A similar build to my Mav would be $45K in an F150. IMO, even the Lariat is a pretty good deal.

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My original plan was a SUV, possible a toyota RAV4. However, once I found the Ford Maverick from this forum, either the price, or the configurations, I think everything of Maverick (especially the most basic hybrid) beats a RAV4 a lot.

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We sold my Wife's 2016 Ford Fiesta SE to Carmax, took the money and ran before they changed their mind:) they gave her $6,200.00 it was in excellent shape, had 88k miles and I had the interior detailed beforehand. Oh my dealer, who serviced her car for over 5 years offered us 5 grand. Ha ha ha I'm telling ya these dealers are not going to survive Ford’s new Tesla way of ordering vehicles. We all have long memories. And her extended warranty, them $3,400.00 for 6 years and 100k miles, Flood Ford $1,110.00 minus my Ford Pass Points. It's the Ford Premium Care Package too, $100.00 deductible.

RussellP IL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav hybrid. 20 escape hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
our 2020 escape hybrid awd was 38k...my hybrid mav lariat with options is 33k...i feel like that is still one helluva bargain, and very affordable. .....when it arrives

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is a total value proposition for me. My XL Hybrid at 23,575 is an amazing value. Katzkin heated seats and a replacement leather wheel with cruise and I'm still coming in under $26k for any option I could want in the Maverick.

The XLT was off the table the moment they garnished the interior with denim and bright colors.

The Lariat was never considered because I don't think the Maverick is worth $30k+
Seeing the options on the katzkin site for the Mav def makes me kind of wish I would have gone with an XL and customized it. But between that and putting in cc I would have been over what my xlt costs tbh. In a few years once their prices go down a bit I def might revisit katzkin seats if I cant find a lariat set from a wreck.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We sold my Wife's 2016 Ford Fiesta SE to Carmax, took the money and ran before they changed their mind:) they gave her $6,200.00 it was in excellent shape, had 88k miles and I had the interior detailed beforehand. Oh my dealer, who serviced her car for over 5 years offered us 5 grand. Ha ha ha I'm telling ya these dealers are not going to survive Ford’s new Tesla way of ordering vehicles. We all have long memories. And her extended warranty, them $3,400.00 for 6 years and 100k miles, Flood Ford $1,110.00 minus my Ford Pass Points. It's the Ford Premium Care Package too, $100.00 deductible.
That's exactly what I'm being offered for my 2012 Fit with 110k. We'll see how desperate my dealer is for it but I doubt they can match

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sorry but the headline for this article is nonsensical. I read the copy to see if the author made a valid point and the only thing he tried to say was the lower spec models are a better value.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More like: "The biggest threat to the Ford Escape is the Ford Maverick". I can see lots of potential Escape owners decide to go for the Maverick instead. It's cheaper and the 2.0L engine and AWD can be had in the maverick for about $7k less. Even the Hybrid Maverick is lots cheaper than the hybrid Escape. ........ plus the current Escape is homely as hell IMO.
There are so many featured options available as standard and optional on the Escape that you cannot compare the two

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sensing a trend, trading in my 2013 Escape on the Maverick
waiting on my Hybrid LaritSince July. Also purchased a new 2021 Escape Hybid Titanium edition in September. The Escape is loaded with features mot available on the Maverick. I have the Tech Package with NAV, Park Assist, HID, upgraded infotainment system - just to name a few. The MAV will be a great cruise around town but the Escape is for sheer driving pleasure.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seeing the options on the katzkin site for the Mav def makes me kind of wish I would have gone with an XL and customized it. But between that and putting in cc I would have been over what my xlt costs tbh. In a few years once their prices go down a bit I def might revisit katzkin seats if I cant find a lariat set from a wreck.
$2300 difference puts me right at the starting price for a base XLT. I get a leather wrapped steering wheel (which is actually a big deal to me) and then I get a leather interior with heated seats - which you cannot get in an XLT.

I get leather wrapped steering wheel and heated leather seats.

You get blue and orange interior accents with denim cloth seats. You do get some extra tiedowns, bed cubby storage, rear seat fold down arm rest and a power tailgate.

I think my $2,300 was much better spent.

But if you want - you can also get heated seats and a leather wrapped steering wheel for the extra $2,300 through the XLT luck package.

To each their own. I'd never waste my money on the XLT.

Midnighthog

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Maverick XLT, 4k, lux, fx4
More like: "The biggest threat to the Ford Escape is the Ford Maverick". I can see lots of potential Escape owners decide to go for the Maverick instead. It's cheaper and the 2.0L engine and AWD can be had in the maverick for about $7k less. Even the Hybrid Maverick is lots cheaper than the hybrid Escape. ........ plus the current Escape is homely as hell IMO.

Yep, I'm trading off my 2020 Ford Escape with the turbo boost eco whatever that has 19k miles. I think I'm going to go with the XLT but, I do like the idea of the XL and doing my own thing to it. I don't technically go off road much, mostly just the grass lane around the timber but, I will tow the 16ft flat trailer with the bigger mower with tractor bucket to and from my dads every now and then so the 4k is a must. I really only wanted the FX for the skid plates incase I smoke a big coon or yote. I don't know I'm so torn. I meet with the finance guy Tuesday to finalize the build so I'm doing a ton of reading and video's trying to help me make up my mind.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's exactly what I'm being offered for my 2012 Fit with 110k. We'll see how desperate my dealer is for it but I doubt they can match
Im being offered close to $9800 now on Carmax for my 2012 CRV I am selling soon. Will have close to 103k miles by then. Hoping to get at least that to wipe out the rest of the loan.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$2300 difference puts me right at the starting price for a base XLT. I get a leather wrapped steering wheel (which is actually a big deal to me) and then I get a leather interior with heated seats - which you cannot get in an XLT.

I get leather wrapped steering wheel and heated leather seats.

You get blue and orange interior accents with denim cloth seats. You do get some extra tiedowns, bed cubby storage, rear seat fold down arm rest and a power tailgate.

I think my $2,300 was much better spent.

But if you want - you can also get heated seats and a leather wrapped steering wheel for the extra $2,300 through the XLT luck package.

To each their own. I'd never waste my money on the XLT.
You forgot cruise control, power mirrors, power tailgate lock and the XLT wheels (which I actually really like).

I'm not driving a vehicle with some hack cruise control, so XLT was kinda the lowest cost path for me.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You forgot cruise control, power mirrors, power tailgate lock and the XLT wheels (which I actually really like).

I'm not driving a vehicle with some hack cruise control, so XLT was kinda the lowest cost path for me.
Yeah the "hack" cruise control will be enabled through Forscan and will be just as Ford and official as yours.

I would have ordered CP360 regardless of trim so I have power mirrors on my XL model.

I'll give you the wheels from the onset but I will either by an aftermarket set that I like better than the XLT or find a set of XLT for cheap. Then I'll have my steelies for dedicated snow tires. It's perfect actually for me.

Again - different strokes for different folks. I found the best trim and options to customize for my tastes.

Sounds like you did too.

That's one of the great things of the Mav.
Sponsored