Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

More like: "The biggest threat to the Ford Escape is the Ford Maverick". I can see lots of potential Escape owners decide to go for the Maverick instead. It's cheaper and the 2.0L engine and AWD can be had in the maverick for about $7k less. Even the Hybrid Maverick is lots cheaper than the hybrid Escape. ........ plus the current Escape is homely as hell IMO.

OP
OP

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
More like: "The biggest threat to the Ford Escape is the Ford Maverick". I can see lots of potential Escape owners decide to go for the Maverick instead. It's cheaper and the 2.0L engine and AWD can be had in the maverick for about $7k less. Even the Hybrid Maverick is lots cheaper than the hybrid Escape. ........ plus the current Escape is homely as hell IMO.
I think you’re right.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I sure did, I traded my 2020 escape for a Maverick, but I planned that out a year ago.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2016 Escape is being replaced by a Maverick Lariat.

Sponsored

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it will bite into Bronco Sport lower trim models. I completely disagree with the comment it feels like a Bronco Sport. I own both. Sport feels short, seated in it and driving. Front end also feels larger than the Mav.

Last edited:

Jcaudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trading in my 2017 Escape for a Hybrid Lariat

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Replaced my 2002 Escape with the Maverick. I tried looking at purchasing a modern Escape, but these new Escapes are worlds apart from the early 01 and 02-05 models. The Mav feels similarly utilitarian when compared to my 02 and former 01 Escape.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love how they compare a Maverick Lariat Lux to an F150 XL, and then say the Lariat is not a good value. If people want the features of the Lariat Lux, they probably are not F150 XL shoppers.

It's one of the reasons why I went with Maverick. I can get a totally loaded truck with all the feature I want for $37K. If I had a similarly equipped F150 Lariat, I would be $20K poorer. In Maverick context, that's a whole 'nother XL!!! And frankly, I want the better fuel economy.

Now the Ranger is closer in price and often has incentives. But that's because it's old and tired. When the '23 Rangers come out, it will be a different story. The slots and the pricing between Maverick/Ranger/F150 will be more clear and steady.

Last edited:

Doosenberry

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco. 77 F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love how they compare a Maverick Lariat Lux to an F150 XL, and then say the Lariat is not a good value. If people want the features of the Lariat Lux, they probably are not F150 XL shoppers.

It's one of the reasons why I went with Maverick. I can get a totally loaded truck with all the feature I want for $37K. If I had a similarly equipped F150 Lariat, I would be $20K poorer. And frankly, I want the better fuel economy.

Now the Ranger is closer in price and often has incentives. But that's because it's old and tired. When the '23 Rangers come out, it will be a different story. The slots and the pricing between Maverick/Ranger/F150 will be more clear and steady.

That's how I felt when I ordered a Lariat Lux. I was initially attracted to the Mav because of the price and mpg of the XL hybrid compared to my 10 mpg (highway) vehicles, but then I was like, I can make this thing super comfortable with options and still have a fairly inexpensive little truck compared to a new full size truck which would be waaaay out of my financial comfort zone.

That and a new F-series isn't going to get the mpg I want. I already have vehicles that can fulfill my low mpg desires. lol. The Mav has a higher payload capacity than my old half ton truck does as well. It's gonna be a win, whenever it gets made and shipped out next year.

Sponsored

joeh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ranger, Cobra - Jeep Wrangler
Sensing a trend, trading in my 2013 Escape on the Maverick

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is a total value proposition for me. My XL Hybrid at 23,575 is an amazing value. Katzkin heated seats and a replacement leather wheel with cruise and I'm still coming in under $26k for any option I could want in the Maverick.

The XLT was off the table the moment they garnished the interior with denim and bright colors.

The Lariat was never considered because I don't think the Maverick is worth $30k+

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Lariat was never considered because I don't think the Maverick is worth $30k+
I also think the Maverick stops being compelling north of $30k, but my hybrid Lariat Lux rang in at $29,300 from Chapman. So I was happy with that. The other cars I was Cross shopping were a Civic Touring ($29,900) and a Prius Limited ($34,500).

Considering the average price of a new car last month was something like $46k, the Maverick is quite the bargain at almost any trim level, I suppose.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I think other posters nail it. It all comes down to value. Consumers that rushed out and ordered Maverick want the value and utility / versatility the vehicle offers. It's fuel economy and price are competitive with compact cars or better. It can take 4 people comfortably. Has a truck bed for weekend warrior type stuff.

Even if you buy the Lariat there is a value there for that buyer.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think other posters nail it. It all comes down to value. Consumers that rushed out and ordered Maverick want the value and utility / versatility the vehicle offers. It's fuel economy and price are competitive with compact cars or better. It can take 4 people comfortably. Has a truck bed for weekend warrior type stuff.

Even if you buy the Lariat there is a value there for that buyer.
Exactly, my opinion, the Maverick is a tremendous value. Might not have all of the bells and whistles but mine was out the door at slightly over 33k with every package for an XLT. Fun to drive, versatile, good MPG, and it looks fantastic.
I drive more now than I ever have just because it’s a blast to drive. The heated seats and steering wheel are awesome in the cold weather. It looks damn good too.

Ford Maverick Road & Track: The Biggest Threat to the Ford Maverick Is the Ford Maverick 46344651-316E-445D-A594-45DE22110F34
Sponsored