Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are some manufacturers that won't send me cars anymore because they don't like some of the things I've said in honest moments
There you go my point.
Which is what?

First you said you think cars should be reviewed by "blue collar" people - presumably instead of people who's job and expertise is based around doing it (which has nothing whatsoever to do with collar color).

I stated that I (and most journalists) aren't swayed by the "perks" you believe we all get including the loan of press vehicles to review.

Sometimes there are consequences to a negative review, sometimes not. Most of the time if we are fair in our criticisms, there aren't any. To suggest that people can't be trusted with the truth because of the "collar color' or that they are beguiled by being handed opportunities is simply not how it works.
Sponsored

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah it does not make sense to you, you sell the car lol, makes sense to me, so you prefer a review from someone that ford called up and ford gives perks to than an every day driver, sorry I do not sell cars for a living.
Is salesman not blue collar? Seems like you're demonizing someone for being. Salesman? You only want coal miner's to give you reviews in cars? Just seems like a weird way to word what I think you're trying to say.

I get your sentiment. You just come off a bit aggressive and silly. No one should trust any one review anyway. You read these things in the aggregate. If you don't want to read a review, don't. Don't have to attack people for posting something that's relevant to others.

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whatever dudes, i meant regular people not salespeople or media thats all, sorry for your feelings.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Around the city, the 191-horsepower 2.5-liter base hybrid powerplant was plucky," PLUCKY???? Is that the best word they can come up with to describe the 2.5 Hybrid, plucky??? Who writes this dribble and what the heck does "plucky" even mean toward a vehicle's powertrain anyway??
The same person that came up with melty cheese. Burns me up when I hear it.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe he means the beeping like what is on commercial vehicles when they back up. Most hybrids make a beeping noise when they back up due to only using the electric motor and therefore no other sound to warn people. Source my Ioniq Hybrid makes a beeping noise when in reverse. Toyota hybrids make a weird spaceship noise at low speed, but I believe they still beep in reverse.
Is there any video showing the Maverick Hybrid reverse beeping yet? Hoping it is not super annoying.

I have had 2 incredibly quiet electric cars that didn't need this feature (though they did have the spaceship whirring sound at low speed)

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there any video showing the Maverick Hybrid reverse beeping yet? Hoping it is not super annoying.

I have had 2 incredibly quiet electric cars that didn't need this feature (though they did have the spaceship whirring sound at low speed)
7:06 in this video -

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the reviewer said;
"Design-wise, its looks are a bit cartoonish. I can’t help feeling like the Maverick’s front-end is sporting a stupid shit-eating grin. It’s not ugly. It just has a very punchable face"

Yeah, that shit eating grin is from eating the competitions lunch;)
I guess this is why we get full/midsize trucks that have laughably huge "masculine" grills and front ends. Dont need to be a psych to to see the overcompensation.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't get the blue collar/white collar thing, I've had a foot in both areas at different points in my life. As for reviewers, there are some that suit me better than others, and I certainly don't mind career journalists reviewing the vehicles. In fact, Sam's (Shay) reviews are well-delivered, to-the-point, and objective.

What I don't like is the obvious "I'm here for clicks, likes, and how long I can engage you" reviewers. There is one in particular who often uses the bait and wait tactic to maintain engagement and talks around a topic forever without getting to the point. Even looks strained trying to talk at times.

Sponsored

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
" the Maverick’s front-end is sporting a stupid shit-eating grin."

That's from being able to fit into normal sized parking spots.

"Also, the Maverick Hybrid has a cute backup beeper."

Hopefully the people in the garage where I'll be parking mine won't hear it too much because it's easier to park than the work truck I have now.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it would most certainly seem so. However, I think Fx4hOok was simply trying to point out that when the people who provide you the product free of charge, wine and dine you at their media events for their products, spend many thousands of dollars in advertising with your publication, it gets hard to take the "review" seriously.

Same is true with YouTube reviews or any other "review" where the reviewer's livelihood is tied to the "review" they pen. This was the basis for the creation of Consumer's Report, which itself has become a steaming pile of its own bias....
Then don’t read it and move along without starting this conversation on a thread. Simple as that.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Then don’t read it and move along without starting this conversation on a thread. Simple as that.
You're so friendly. A real asset to this community. I think you meant to quote the OP?

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know about the "face" but when I first saw it I did think it looked weird in the front.
As for backup beeps, yes please. I've seen how people back up one way streets in the city and it's dangerous as fuck. Personally I almost got hit (technically did but he had hit the brakes enough where it was just a touch) from a prius that was reversing back up a one way street at relatively high speed and was making no noise. Didn't know it was on me till I couldn't get out of the way.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs