casanewt

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Thanks for the link. Interesting take. I wonder if all Mavericks have the back ups beep?
Just the hybrid from what I know since it is silent.

Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tired of these paid reviews, I want reviews from blue collar people.
That makes no sense. Should we get tired of paid "blue collar people" and wish for our repairs and construction work be done by white collar people?

It seems like you would want people who's profession, training, expertise, experience it is for a given area to be the ones you go to for something.

JChristiansen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Around the city, the 191-horsepower 2.5-liter base hybrid powerplant was plucky," PLUCKY???? Is that the best word they can come up with to describe the 2.5 Hybrid, plucky??? Who writes this dribble and what the heck does "plucky" even mean toward a vehicle's powertrain anyway??

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That makes no sense. Should we get tired of paid "blue collar people" and wish for our repairs and construction work be done by white collar people?

It seems like you would want people who's profession, training, expertise, experience it is for a given area to be the ones you go to for something.
Absolutely I want professional reviewers. I want them to compare every aspect to a diverse knowledge base, not a person who has a experience base of 3 or 4 vehicles.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yes, it would most certainly seem so. However, I think Fx4hOok was simply trying to point out that when the people who provide you the product free of charge, wine and dine you at their media events for their products, spend many thousands of dollars in advertising with your publication, it gets hard to take the "review" seriously.

Same is true with YouTube reviews or any other "review" where the reviewer's livelihood is tied to the "review" they pen. This was the basis for the creation of Consumer's Report, which itself has become a steaming pile of its own bias....

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Absolutely I want professional reviewers.
"Professional reviewers" are largely journalists, trained in writing. Today's journalists are opinion columnists, unable to withhold their bias any better than your neighbor.

You'd have better luck finding a professional party store clerk.

Sponsored

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Road and Track review of the Maverick

https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/a38290512/ford-maverick-city-review/

The Ford Maverick Is the Perfect Size For City-Truck Duty
Even in base spec, it’s way more interesting than a run-of-the-mill crossover.

mav1-1637257294.jpg
So the reviewer said;
"Design-wise, its looks are a bit cartoonish. I can’t help feeling like the Maverick’s front-end is sporting a stupid shit-eating grin. It’s not ugly. It just has a very punchable face"

Yeah, that shit eating grin is from eating the competitions lunch;)

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s ok. I’ll take my plucky, cartoonish Maverick and drive it proudly once I get it. Hopefully soon :p

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yeah it does not make sense to you, you sell the car lol, makes sense to me, so you prefer a review from someone that ford called up and ford gives perks to than an every day driver, sorry I do not sell cars for a living.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the reviewer said;
"Design-wise, its looks are a bit cartoonish. I can’t help feeling like the Maverick’s front-end is sporting a stupid shit-eating grin. It’s not ugly. It just has a very punchable face"

Yeah, that shit eating grin is from eating the competitions lunch;)
Let's not even go to where the Santa Cruz is much more punchsble, if you can even find the face among the busy front end. Reminds me of a shaggy dog face where you can't even see the eyes. (Just to note I love shaggy dogs, just not on a vehicle.)
Sponsored