First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have information as to when the media embargo will end?

It would be great to see the truck in action (performance and capabilities), instead of staring at stationary vehicles.

Ford Maverick Road Test Reviews? 1629737639562
Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's no stated media embargo on the Maverick. The media launch where journalists get to test drive truck has not yet happened. The trucks have to be built first. Production just started last week. It'll be a couple of weeks before trucks are even available for journalists to test drive in mass. It'll likely be sometime in September before you see test drive reviews.

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While not always accurate (despite his best efforts), Tim Bartz did state that there was an embargo and that some reviewers already had vehicles they were driving. There was some small production in July.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim is very accurate, but no offense to salesman typically they don't have any idea what's going on on the media side of things. There may be some long lead print media who have given access to pre-production prototypes, but that's very rare. Now that most media is online we don't get the drive vehicles until nearly time they go on sale because most of us can't be trusted to honor an embargo LOL.

The other thing to keep in mind here is they've got enough reservations in the pipeline they don't need to have third party reviews out there to sell the trucks. They're selling themselves. So there's likely no hurry to get the media in them.

OP
OP
Braderick

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to seeing how the various Maverick configurations affect media reviewer preferences.

I/we will not be making any decisions until the test drive reviews drop—initial media, owner supplied reviews, and follow-ups for both types.

Unfortunately, I have too many wants/needs to satiate prior to pulling the pin.

+++

Anyone else have fluctuating patience?

Ford Maverick Road Test Reviews? 1629740771671

Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I’d like to see some driving reviews as well but from what I’m hearing, there will be Mavs arriving on dealer lots within a month or so, maybe within a few weeks.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's no stated media embargo on the Maverick. The media launch where journalists get to test drive truck has not yet happened. The trucks have to be built first. Production just started last week. It'll be a couple of weeks before trucks are even available for journalists to test drive in mass. It'll likely be sometime in September before you see test drive reviews.
Some of the larger circulation companies have already driven the truck, under condition of an embargo date. Done this way so many sources have a chance to publish on the same day just like the static reviews released June 8.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to seeing how the various Maverick configurations affect media reviewer preferences.

I/we will not be making any decisions until the test drive reviews drop—initial media, owner supplied reviews, and follow-ups for both types.

Unfortunately, I have too many wants/needs to satiate prior to pulling the pin.

+++

Anyone else have fluctuating patience?

1629740771671.png
No, my patience is fine. Personally, I see little value in media "reviews." Mostly because I seek unbiased perspectives and media reviews are generally full of opinion and bias.

Owner supplied reviews are a little better, but often it is those who are unhappy who tend to share experiences more frequently.

I dunno, I just buy a car and run the wheels off of it and then replace it.

All this talk about resale, lease rates, reviews, etc. Most folks are going to trade up in a few years anyway for newer, shinier, "better."

It's just a car, and a pretty inexpensive one too. I'll just roll with it.
Sponsored