Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welp, just came back from my first test drive! My ordering dealer has an XL AWD that just arrived, asked if I wanted to see it, I said heck yes!

So, first time seeing a Mav in person, and driving. But directly to the noise question, I found it to be completely acceptable. Yes, a bit more noisy overall than my F150, as to be expected, but certainly not extreme by any means. More comparable to my wife's Honda Pilot.

Overall, I was impressed, especially given the pricepoint.

Really geeked to get mine now! 🤠
Sponsored

Torquer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hugo
Nice flex re the tesla. Are you seriously comparing a high end luxury electric to a cheap pickup truck?

There basically isn't much noise dampening in the mav. If you watch vids of people taking off door panels there is none. None under the hood either. That's what you get for a sub $20k vehicle. Amazon carries self adhesive sound dampening sheets if it's important. I am thinking about doing that if it feels too noisy but other people's reviews say it's fine. Will have to wait and see.
I couldn’t agree more. I plan to add sound deadening, better speakers, and enjoy a great value truck!

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have noticed that when I start my truck there seems to be a lot of engine noise. Some ticking like what a bad water pump would sound like. Is anybody else experiencing this? Is this common for a turbo?

Just want to make sure there is nothing wrong.

Thx
The ticking isn't coming from the turbo, it's coming from the direct injection which is normal. Probably more noticeable on the Maverick because no sound insulation under the hood.

scottrrr

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Please use a decimal meter app on your phone and post the numbers. My Subaru Crosstrek at highway speed it about 80 dB and spikes into the high 80s. I hope it is lower than that!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please use a decimal meter app on your phone and post the numbers. My Subaru Crosstrek at highway speed it about 80 dB and spikes into the high 80s. I hope it is lower than that!
A decibel meter would be better suited. ;)

Sponsored

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Using my app I was getting 76-79 on DFW asphalt, then I got onto some toll road concrete and the DB's fell to 68-71. As I said earlier the difference is very noticeable. I am pretty sure the really loud stuff I drive on is the so called permeable asphalt and that coupled with the tires are my chief culprit.

Not a big deal to me, but I will insulate as I plan to keep this one for a good while, and I like a quiet vehicle, some of my daily commutes are in the 200 mile range.

I really like this little dude - a lot

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Using my app I was getting 76-79 on DFW asphalt, then I got onto some toll road concrete and the DB's fell to 68-71. As I said earlier the difference is very noticeable. I am pretty sure the really loud stuff I drive on is the so called permeable asphalt and that coupled with the tires are my chief culprit.

Not a big deal to me, but I will insulate as I plan to keep this one for a good while, and I like a quiet vehicle, some of my daily commutes are in the 200 mile range.

😱

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if anyone has seen any testing on low noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) levels. The first thing I noticed when I got on the Freeway the first day I picked up my Mav was how loud it was. I am not talking about the engine. You can barely hear that, but the actual noise of the tires on the road and wind noise on the windshield. I own several cars that are 2011 and newer, and the maverick is the loudest by far. And all the other vehicles have class E M&S tires that should be louder. Maybe due to being closer to the ground than the other cars I drive. I had a 2016 Tesla Model X, and I know it is an electric motor, but the inside of that car was as quiet as they come, probably a lot more aerodynamic and Dynamat throughout...
It certainly won't receive any awards but I do think its quieter than the 2018 civic hatchback I used to have. Not by much though. Overall I'm happy with the road/wind noise.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why don’t we make this more scientific and less opinion based and download a free Decible meter app. I’d do it myself, but I haven’t taken delivery of my Maverick yet.
I’ll be happy to do this Saturday when I pick up mine from Chapman Horsham. I have a 400 miles drive home. Plenty of time.

Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick

My Grand Cherokee averages between 68-70, so that’s comparable, for sure.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I drove my maverick home on freeway for 1 hour plus at variable speeds from 75 mph to 35 mph . wind noise was negligible but tire noise noticeable depending on road condition. Radio still not working well so cannot even use it to cover noise if needed . had 2004 f150 xlt supercab with tow package and it had a better ride with reduced noise. It had 5.4 v8 and steady 10 mpg . maverick is getting 22mpg city and 30 mpg highway . l am happy with maverick so far . Would be nice to have a functioning radio that would tune and work normally . maverick 51 awd fx4 .
Does yours have the little stick antenna installed,? Read where several people were missing the stick on the roof mounting base/XM antenna!

Torquer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hugo
The ticking isn't coming from the turbo, it's coming from the direct injection which is normal. Probably more noticeable on the Maverick because no sound insulation under the hood.
You are exactly right Sir!

Doodah

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have noticed that when I start my truck there seems to be a lot of engine noise. Some ticking like what a bad water pump would sound like. Is anybody else experiencing this? Is this common for a turbo?

Just want to make sure there is nothing wrong.

Thx
Mine is the same.. It's like there's no material between the engine compartment and me

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if anyone has seen any testing on low noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) levels. The first thing I noticed when I got on the Freeway the first day I picked up my Mav was how loud it was. I am not talking about the engine. You can barely hear that, but the actual noise of the tires on the road and wind noise on the windshield. I own several cars that are 2011 and newer, and the maverick is the loudest by far. And all the other vehicles have class E M&S tires that should be louder. Maybe due to being closer to the ground than the other cars I drive. I had a 2016 Tesla Model X, and I know it is an electric motor, but the inside of that car was as quiet as they come, probably a lot more aerodynamic and Dynamat throughout...
Sponsored