Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good data EMD driver, you show an average of 76.7, this would fall in the "loud" section of most db charts, equivalent to a loud vacuum @ 10'.

I will follow your lead here and compare what I have on asphalt vs concrete at highway speeds, just for grins.

No complaints, as i said earlier the build is good - I completely understand the lack of sound insulation at this price point, should be a straightforward fix once I get to that point. I don't think it will take much to drop that level down.
Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Came here to say this.
Not sure if the noise I’m hearing is a heat shield vibrating, or just valve train noise. Either way it’s gross 🤮

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The engine cover option + some Dynomat in the footwells could pay some nice dividends.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's my real world data... 25 mile drive, max of 60MPH, typical crappy SC roads and the loudest it got was when some idiot required the use of my horn, to remind him that he's an idiot...
Forgot to mention..
EB/XLT/FX4/Factory Pirelli's
AH, some data to explore..... is this an instrument, or some cell phone app? Where was the device positioned during testing? Do you have other vehicles you could test over the same route?

Context & reference will help give those numbers some meaning, but it's a good start! TY!

Sponsored

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

AH, some data to explore..... is this an instrument, or some cell phone app? Where was the device positioned during testing? Do you have other vehicles you could test over the same route?

Context & reference will help give those numbers some meaning, but it's a good start! TY!
I'll edit my original post, to keep everything together..

I will also be driving my Super Duty tomorrow and can repeat the same test then.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My lariat with the goofy Michelin car tires is pretty loud as far as road noise on rough roads. Especially chip and seal. On smooth road it’s extremely quiet, wind noise is well controlled. They should of put Michelin ltx defenders on it.

Never been in a vehicle with this bad of an engine tone though. Buzzy sounding, but quiet at speed so just take getting used to.
Chip and seal roads should be outlawed.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if anyone has seen any testing on low noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) levels. The first thing I noticed when I got on the Freeway the first day I picked up my Mav was how loud it was. I am not talking about the engine. You can barely hear that, but the actual noise of the tires on the road and wind noise on the windshield. I own several cars that are 2011 and newer, and the maverick is the loudest by far. And all the other vehicles have class E M&S tires that should be louder. Maybe due to being closer to the ground than the other cars I drive. I had a 2016 Tesla Model X, and I know it is an electric motor, but the inside of that car was as quiet as they come, probably a lot more aerodynamic and Dynamat throughout...
I have a Model Y and an F150 and hopefully soon the Maverick... End of day, no matter if we have an XL or Lariat, the bones are basically the same and it's a cheap car. I had a Toyota Yaris when I was in college in 2007, it was $14K brand new- no way it was as quiet as a Camry or Avalon, etc. You get what you pay for.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Why don’t we make this more scientific and less opinion based and download a free Decible meter app. I’d do it myself, but I haven’t taken delivery of my Maverick yet.
I think I'll do that when I get my truck. But I have a Lariat coming, and it has the Sound Screen windshield.

Sponsored

lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't driven a pickup in a long time on the highway but don't all of them automatically have a lot of wind buffeting due to the bed?

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reckon I will be just fine blasting the RAMONES on the tin-y speakers. Won’t hear a thing from the road, never have.

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
For those who haven't yet, wait till you hit your horn. Almost sounds like there is no sound insulation at all then.

Not bitching, just an observation.

Billdozer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
I wonder if anyone has seen any testing on low noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) levels. The first thing I noticed when I got on the Freeway the first day I picked up my Mav was how loud it was. I am not talking about the engine. You can barely hear that, but the actual noise of the tires on the road and wind noise on the windshield. I own several cars that are 2011 and newer, and the maverick is the loudest by far. And all the other vehicles have class E M&S tires that should be louder. Maybe due to being closer to the ground than the other cars I drive. I had a 2016 Tesla Model X, and I know it is an electric motor, but the inside of that car was as quiet as they come, probably a lot more aerodynamic and Dynamat throughout...
I have had my Maverick XL AWD since October 30. I have 1400 miles on it now. I have not had any issues with road noise and windshield noise. No vibrations, no tire noise at all. I love it! I get 32.4 mpg on the highway. Did I say I love it? I do!

Billdozer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
I own an XLT 2.0 AWD 4K Tow FX4 with 17" Alloy Wheel Option and there is not any type of noise issue
at all with this truck. This truck is as solid as a rock. I am not sure that the current lucky and fortunate Maverick owners and that includes myself, are driving the same truck from some of these complaints I read. For the people who are waiting for this magnificent truck to arrive please believe none of these minor complaints as you will be as happy with your Maverick as I am with mine. Hands down one of the best vehicles I have purchased.
I’m completely happy with mine also except,,,,, the XL does not have cruise control! I ordered a XLT in July. On October 30 they still did not have a build date. I had the chance to get the XL so I did. I plan on adding cruise control by the time it needs its first oil change.
Does anyone need a full set of factory steel wheels?
Sponsored