Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will probably get 22 mpg like the hybrid Tundra 😅
Dumpster fire. I think the f150 has better mpg. Not what anyone expected when we heard Toyota hybrid.
Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t care how much more money it is, when a hybrid Tacoma comes out I’ll be ordering one and trading in the maverick. The only issue is if my Maverick will even make it that long.
Even if it has worse mpg like they tuned the tundra hybrid for performance 🙄. They are not in the same class. The taco is mid size way more capable and maverick is compact. But I'm sure Maverick owners appreciate the flattery.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even if it has worse mpg like they tuned the tundra hybrid for performance 🙄. They are not in the same class. The taco is mid size way more capable and maverick is compact. But I'm sure Maverick owners appreciate the flattery.
I’ll take half the fuel economy, higher price to get something that will spend less time in for service and give me many more years and miles of service. My Maverick has been a huge headache, not worth the fuel savings in offers. Especially when it’s always in for service and my loaner is always a F150.

Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll take half the fuel economy, higher price to get something that will spend less time in for service and give me many more years and miles of service. My Maverick has been a huge headache, not worth the fuel savings in offers. Especially when it’s always in for service and my loaner is always a F150.
Well then why wait? You can get a Tacoma that will give you half the fuel economy now! Sounds like you don't need the fuel economy of the Maverick at all. Just get the Tacoma it's more capable than the Maverick. Better get the 6 before they put in the turbo 4. Toyotas rep of super reliable is going by the wayside between the turbo 6 waste gate issues on the new tundra and the wheels literally coming off of their silly EV, that does not have a glove box btw, I wouldn't just blindly buy a Toyota now. Did you know that to combat supply chain issues Toyota admitted to using parts that wouldn't have passed qc prior to the pandemic to allowing them onto their vehicles? Supposedly it's only minor issues that wouldn't affect function or reliability. Question is do you believe that? Based on what I have seen I don't. I have a feeling your Maverick issues are pandemic related and in a normal production environment it wouldn't have popped up.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well then why wait? You can get a Tacoma that will give you half the fuel economy now! Sounds like you don't need the fuel economy of the Maverick at all. Just get the Tacoma it's more capable than the Maverick. Better get the 6 before they put in the turbo 4. Toyotas rep of super reliable is going by the wayside between the turbo 6 waste gate issues on the new tundra and the wheels literally coming off of their silly EV, that does not have a glove box btw, I wouldn't just blindly buy a Toyota now. Did you know that to combat supply chain issues Toyota admitted to using parts that wouldn't have passed qc prior to the pandemic to allowing them onto their vehicles? Supposedly it's only minor issues that wouldn't affect function or reliability. Question is do you believe that? Based on what I have seen I don't. I have a feeling your Maverick issues are pandemic related and in a normal production environment it wouldn't have popped up.
I’m waiting because I want the newly designed generation 2024. What’s a pandemic related issue? I’m sick of companies using the pandemic as an excuse to make a crappy product. I’m driving around in a Maverick with a recalled airbag because ford can’t get them….give me a break. I have misfires that I’m told “are complicated issues”. Service calls the ford tech line and they tell them to repeat an update I already had done in April. Never checked a spark plug, fuel injector, vacuum line nothing. This truck is terrible and ford “service” is equally as bad.

Reactions: fmt

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m waiting because I want the newly designed generation 2024. What’s a pandemic related issue? I’m sick of companies using the pandemic as an excuse to make a crappy product. I’m driving around in a Maverick with a recalled airbag because ford can’t get them….give me a break. I have misfires that I’m told “are complicated issues”. Service calls the ford tech line and they tell them to repeat an update I already had done in April. Never checked a spark plug, fuel injector, vacuum line nothing. This truck is terrible and ford “service” is equally as bad.
You definitely got a bad one. I'd be pissed off too. I can't say the same for my hybrid, 15k+ trouble free miles. If and when you get a Toyota, I hope it will be trouble free. Good luck.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You definitely got a bad one. I'd be pissed off too. I can't say the same for my hybrid, 15k+ trouble free miles. If and when you get a Toyota, I hope it will be trouble free. Good luck.
Do you live in a cold climate? I’m told this wonderful vehicle is more prone to misfires and rough idle in cold weather. I’ll just blame that on the pandemic too.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you live in a cold climate? I’m told this wonderful vehicle is more prone to misfires and rough idle in cold weather. I’ll just blame that on the pandemic too.
WTF! Missouri. Ever hear of it? Yeah, it gets cold. Geez, man.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If the pictures are accurate, the '24 Tacoma is HUGE - looks like the same size as "Full Size" trucks from about 5 years ago. Not really of interest to me, since it won't come close to fitting in my garage...

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not what anyone expected when we heard Toyota hybrid.
Yeah, the Tundra Hybrid is a big disappointment, IMO. If they just do the blended power thing again (mild-hybrid) I don't see the point. The Tundra was made a hybrid to improve the fleet EPA goal, is my guess. They need to put a beefy battery and electric motor in there, even if it has to be PHEV to pull it off.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the video they said 30mpg combined. So not really maverick territory. But fantastic none the less.
I don't understand how car manufacturers think they're making an "improvement" with certain hybrid offerings. Take the Honda CRZ (the CRX way back when) when it came out in 2010. Honda seemed to be under the misguided impression that 38mpg hybrid was satisfactory for those hungry for a two seater sport hybrid. The reality of the CRZ was that it was short-lived and couldn't come close to what the Honda Insight offered in terms of hybrid numbers, and the old CRX got way better mileage as a gasoline engine.