Sponsored

RIP to my Volvo. Post here if your car officially croaked while waiting for a Maverick

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...we are trying hard to keep our 2002 Mazda B2300 (Ford Ranger with a Mazda nameplate) on the road. 167,000 miles, seats pretty torn up, got sideswiped in a parking lot hit and run a year ago (didn't do anything about that, you know, why bother at this point, and no longer carrying collision insurance on it.) Lots of money sunk into this thing in the last five years...new brake lines, new radiator and water pump, new clutch slave cylinder, suspension repairs, and have been chasing a check engine light for the last three years. New intake manifold, new mass airflow sensor, new intake manifold runner control, yada, yada, yada. We can't go more than about 20 miles without the light coming back on again. We were able to get the code cleared long enough to get it to pass inspection, and it still runs pretty well, so I figure we're good till next April as far as the state inspection is concerned. But you have to wonder when the next shoe will drop. We're at the point we just want to put another dime in it if we can avoid it.
I'm driving a 1995 Mazda B2300 with some rust starting to take over the rear wheel wells and not sure if it is worth it to fix - it was my dad's.

I was going to give it to my oldest son but he hasn't really embraced the idea (or mastered the skill) of driving a vehicle with a clutch.
Sponsored

hooliganmom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2015 Cmax has fallen victim of KNOWN eCVT trans problems shortly after my extended warranty expired. I did have a Carshield warranty in place but they found some droplets of trans fluid on the bottom of the engine, the claim was refused. $8500 to replace trans (not repairable) on a $ 6000 car was not worth it. It still drives fine and get 44 mpg, just not reliable enough for my courier runs.
Yep! I was babying along my 2012 Ford Focus SEL with the CVT issue as well.l until my Mav came along. I loved all of the extras in my Focus but couldn't stand the transmission shudder.

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I keep repairing my 1991 Miata, and as much as I love it and will keep it, I would like to have a more modern vehicle as my backup for when I am inevitably going to need to sink money into this car.

Joey1320

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figaro
Wow that's a clean Volvo. Here in Ohio, the rust would had already done her in.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife and I bought an S70 back in 98; it was a rental that had about 15k miles on it when we bought it.

The car was fine for the first 2-3 years but then things kept breaking….. It turned in into a money pit. Finally, in 2007 at 162000 miles, a piston failed, and presented with an $8000 repair estimate we said no thanks and sold it as is for $600. Bad memories…..

My 94 Ranger was getting pretty decrepit, and I had some cash from my annual bonus and IRS tax refund, so I went and paid $4k over MSRP for my Mav. I didn’t think it would last long enough for me get an ordered MY 2023.
Sponsored