First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did anyone use the Rear View Camera in their Maverick? Wondering if it would be of any use with the bed?
Not yet, but I plan to have a local place hardwire my front camera (hopefully to the system above the rear view mirror), and I'll see if they can route the cable into the back. I'm thinking behind the driver's side rear seat is best, it'll be out of the way. Truck bed might block some but still useful, I think.

I ended buying the Viofo A129 Duo Pro (4K+1080p) - for space considerations I have it recording in 1440p (~2K) and it's clear enough in day time. Easy enough to use, but a little annoying in that you can't enter WiFi mode without stopping recording, but then recording starts again and you can't view or download any videos without stopping the recording again.

One of these days I'll read the manual... (said no guy ever)
Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's the exact reason I use a dashcam.. This is what totaled our Equinox and tore up my shoulder..

Dash cam can't prevent accidents or fix your injuries from them. Only serves as evidence to help you fight the insurance company.

Raderb87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dash cam can't prevent accidents or fix your injuries from them. Only serves as evidence to help you fight the insurance company.
I completely understand that. I never actually had one in any of my cars but think it's a good thing to have these days. Like your video. I also do ADAS testing so I completely understand. Just Rexing has these on sale and Amazon. And was curious if there was much value in a rear camera recording in a truck (first time truck owner when I get it 🤣).

Thank you for the advice.

OP
OP
EMD_Driver

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I installed the rear camera on mine. Even with the bed, it still picks up plenty.

Sponsored

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And get reddit karma when you get to post it in r/idiotsincars afterwards.

OP
OP
EMD_Driver

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did you mount it off center? I will have the small sliding window on my Lariat.
I did mount it off-center and it still works flawlessly.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@EMD_Driver Out of curiosity, for the dashcam do you run time-lapse/parking mode?

Got a different dashcam, 70Mai A800S, followed your instructions, which were great by the way, thanks.

An issue I've ran into is the Maverick seems to go into deep-sleep mode if you enable the above functions. Especially, if the commute daily is only 10-20 mins. Been tracking the State of Charge of the battery and drains anywhere from 5-10% per night. I might need to see if my hardwiring kit is working correctly.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@EMD_Driver Out of curiosity, for the dashcam do you run time-lapse/parking mode?

Got a different dashcam, 70Mai A800S, followed your instructions, which were great by the way, thanks.

An issue I've ran into is the Maverick seems to go into deep-sleep mode if you enable the above functions. Especially, if the commute daily is only 10-20 mins. Been tracking the State of Charge of the battery and drains anywhere from 5-10% per night. I might need to see if my hardwiring kit is working correctly.
its not your kit, i have a viofo and have the same issue, the battery in the hybrid is so small it can't handle anything drawing power while the vehicle is off. I turned off parking mode. might try and get a higher capacity battery or put it on a trickle charger every other night
🤷‍♂️

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
its not your kit, i have a viofo and have the same issue, the battery in the hybrid is so small it can't handle anything drawing power while the vehicle is off. I turned off parking mode. might try and get a higher capacity battery or put it on a trickle charger every other night
🤷‍♂️
I got the EcoBoost, I get give or take 2-3 days, before I start getting the message. I believe the battery is slightly larger.

The cold weather isn't helping, seems to make it worse. :cautious:
Sponsored