Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On my 2015 Ford C Max hybrid I have gotten as high as 68 mpg driving about 50/50 Hwy/city over approximately 200 miles. Usually average 44-46 most days over same course with ac on, 2 people in car. This car was rated 43/37/40 on sticker.
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A golf cart at those speeds and ranges would probably work :ROFLMAO:
It really is too bad they don't make the Bronco Sport in all the engine options of the Escape. Kidding aside, I really would look into a PHEV crossover that could pull a trailer to make up for lack of a bed. The Escape is rated for 37 miles full electric range round trip, so 12 miles would be easy peasy for it. Or get the Maverick but leave it at home when its not severe weather, and just get a little e-bicycle for commuting. They have some that go 27mph out of the box and have racks on the back for storage. Just need a good bike lock for the office. Voila, avoid subjecting your ICE vehicle to lots of super short trips.

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When my dad retired he got a part-time job at the local hardware store and bought himself a Prius Hybrid. The store is exactly 1 mile from his house and it's 25mph the whole way. He averages around 80MPG and only drives 8-12 miles per week. He hasn't been to the gas station in nearly 2 years. I love my dad but he's the definition of frugal! LOL

I'd be happy with 40MPG on my Hybrid Mav which is why I don't mind waiting for it. 🙂

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Harleystreetbob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
harley electra glide maverick hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too bad they don't make an EV for your needs, that would be ideal for such short trips where you can barely get a engine warm. Maybe even a plugin-hybrid if it has enough range.
and this is like 95% of my driving,use the scoot for everything else

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Using special techniques to improve your fuel economy that normal people wouldn't bother with.
I'm one of those normal people. If I can get anywhere near what Ford advertises I'll be fine with that.

I drive pretty gently and on long trips I generally run a bit under the limit on the highway. That seems to get me pretty good mileage without any conscious effort on my part.

I try to avoid conscious effort in all aspects of life.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny, my FIT has this little button with a leaf on it- they call it eco-mode. I am not sure if it does anything except training me lol. It is blue around the speedo when you are blowing it, green when you are not. After about a week it became a game to keep the lights green. I guess it taught me how to do hypermiling? Anyone, glad it has changed my habits because I paid $4.79 a gallon today 😕🔫

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are all of you guys seriously believing everything the truck's computer is telling you in regards to mileage?

Last edited:
Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Funny, my FIT has this little button with a leaf on it- they call it eco-mode. I am not sure if it does anything except training me lol. It is blue around the speedo when you are blowing it, green when you are not. After about a week it became a game to keep the lights green. I guess it taught me how to do hypermiling? Anyone, glad it has changed my habits because I paid $4.79 a gallon today 😕🔫
I believe that was exactly the purpose of the "eco" buttons with early hybrids. I am not 100% sure but now I think eco mode may change throttle response/gearing as well as to force you into driving more economically rather than training you with lights.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
LOL, there are glass half empty and glass half full people. Some people would read that and see that driving normally he got less than Ford's estimated 37mpg combined fuel economy. Others would read that and appreciate that hypermiling is possible to exceed the estimate.
Don't believe it. The computer ups the mpg by 7mpg.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL, there are glass half empty and glass half full people. Some people would read that and see that driving normally he got less than Ford's estimated 37mpg combined fuel economy. Others would read that and appreciate that hypermiling is possible to exceed the estimate.
Your comment reminded me of the old joke....when an engineer was asked if the glass was half full or half empty, he responded........the glass is to big.

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay! Let's back up a couple decades. First; is it hypermiling or hypermilling you are talking about ? It has been spelled both ways in these posts.
Second; however you spell it, what is it?
Must be why I bought the 2.0L EcoBoost!

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I owned a 2012 ALL ELECTRIC ford focus...fords first real attempt at EV vehicles....epa said range was 76.....I always had a range of over 100 miles...conservative driving, hypermiling is my friend. I drive mostly "city" so I expect I will be getting on the high end of MPG....would suspect I will be consistently mid/high 40s at least.
Sponsored