First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No offense but it blows me away how so many people bitch about not having push button start and having to put a key in the ignition. It's not like you got to get out front and crank it like an old model tee, I just don't see the big deal.
Most of my vehicles have had push button start since 2008 (in a toyota). Even my Wrangler without power accessories was bush button start. It works well with keyless entry or you just leave your doors unlocked or if it's cold outside and your fingers are bundled up. It's mainly just a convenience/personal preference. Do I wish I had it, yes, would it make me not buy the car, no.

That said, at least this key fob isn't a giant one!
Sponsored

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I LIKE the video because this is the trim and color I am getting on mine. So I was super pumped to watch "my truck" run around for 15 minutes.
I agree that Push Button Start is not critical either way. On the other hand, I have had exactly one vehicle with the key pad unlock on the pillar, my 2016 Expedition, and I freaking LOVE it. I would gladly take the key pad over push button start any day. The key pad is great - you go to the beach, and you leave your wallet and key in the truck (not visible, of course), and you can lock it and not worry about someone swiping your keys off your beach towel! I can't understand why no one has mentioned the key pad?!?!
For five years we have also kept the second key to the Expedition in the sunglasses cubby, so we can always unlock it and move it if it's in someone's way. It's EXTREMELY convenient, much more so than a push button start (which my wife has on her Prius and it's nice, sure, but not a deal breaker either way).
One more thing: if Wizard was really showing his old-guy attitude, he would have pointed out (as I might have) that what I really miss is the CD player!!! There, I went there! I wanna be able to pop in my Best of Todd Rundgren and not have to listen to commercials or suggested songs. I mean, there's no satellite channel that will play the uninterrupted Imperial Bedrooms album by Elvis Costello. And oh yeah, of course, I refuse to pay for Apple Music or Pandora or any of that crap, so that BMI and ASCAP will know if I'm listening to "their music".
So, to each his own. Exactly.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No offense but it blows me away how so many people bitch about not having push button start and having to put a key in the ignition. It's not like you got to get out front and crank it like an old model tee, I just don't see the big deal.
IT's nice not to stumble for your keys when getting in a vehicle and starting it. It's called convenience

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He used to be with Vehicle Virgins, and Parker cut him out with some drama. He continues to make videos, but uses what looks like a cellphone - he is getting low views, as production and audio quality is so low compared to other channels at this size.

I will miss the push button start - that is for sure. Can't get hybrids in lariat in Canada. Such bs haha.
It's ok...I ordered a hybrid June 10th with no update...can't get them in America either.

Sponsored

BasementCrusader

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Buick Encore
Well, I LIKE the video because this is the trim and color I am getting on mine. So I was super pumped to watch "my truck" run around for 15 minutes.
I agree that Push Button Start is not critical either way. On the other hand, I have had exactly one vehicle with the key pad unlock on the pillar, my 2016 Expedition, and I freaking LOVE it. I would gladly take the key pad over push button start any day. The key pad is great - you go to the beach, and you leave your wallet and key in the truck (not visible, of course), and you can lock it and not worry about someone swiping your keys off your beach towel! I can't understand why no one has mentioned the key pad?!?!
For five years we have also kept the second key to the Expedition in the sunglasses cubby, so we can always unlock it and move it if it's in someone's way. It's EXTREMELY convenient, much more so than a push button start (which my wife has on her Prius and it's nice, sure, but not a deal breaker either way).
One more thing: if Wizard was really showing his old-guy attitude, he would have pointed out (as I might have) that what I really miss is the CD player!!! There, I went there! I wanna be able to pop in my Best of Todd Rundgren and not have to listen to commercials or suggested songs. I mean, there's no satellite channel that will play the uninterrupted Imperial Bedrooms album by Elvis Costello. And oh yeah, of course, I refuse to pay for Apple Music or Pandora or any of that crap, so that BMI and ASCAP will know if I'm listening to "their music".
Ok glad I'm not the only one that misses a multi-disk CD player... No commercials... We're devolving

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm also stoked by the keypad. I go open water swimming at the beach and prefer to have as few things out as possible that could get stolen while I'm swimming. My current car has a push button start. I'll miss it a little, but I like not having keys in my pocket, too.

As for the CD player, you can always rip them to mp3 or any other format and copy them to a USB drive. Then you can plug the drive into a USB port on the car and play them from there. Holds many more albums than a multi disc CD changer. I love Apple Music, but I have quite a few albums that aren't featured on there. The USB drive it what I'd do for those albums.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently you missed the " no offence" statement, sorry if I hurt your feelings.
I was not offended in the least. I just made a statement that everyone has their preference. Why would my feelings be hurt, I don't even know you? Believe me horse fly you don't have that much power over any ones feelings.

Last edited:

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have ever had it you would have seen the convenience of it.

And when your next vehicle does not have it you will be annoyed not having it.
I've got it in my Mustang. It's nice to have.

I don't have it in my work truck. In fact, I don't even have a button to push on a key fob to unlock and lock the door. I have to actually insert the key (and it has to be the door key) into the door and turn it.

Yeah, that's right. I have two keys that I have to put in my pocket.

And you know what else I have to do in that truck? I have to actually push up or down the lock lever!

Ford Maverick Review: Living With a 2022 Hybrid Maverick XLT 1638947308975

Sponsored

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've got it in my Mustang. It's nice to have.

I don't have it in my work truck. In fact, I don't even have a button to push on a key fob to unlock and lock the door. I have to actually insert the key (and it has to be the door key) into the door and turn it.

Yeah, that's right. I have two keys that I have to put in my pocket.

And you know what else I have to do in that truck? I have to actually push up or down the lock lever!

1638947308975.png
OMG, you poor man to have to go through all that just to go to work. 😞

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ok, D
I was not offended in the least. I just made a statement that everyone has their preference. Why would my feelings be hurt, I don't even know you? Believe me horse fly you don't have that much power over any ones feelings.

Last edited:

Boone1972

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tahoe
I have a 2005 Tahoe where I have to hit the key fob to unlock, lock. Turn the key in the ignition. My wife has a new car where just touching the door handle unlocks the door. Or locks the door. Push button start. And man it's nice not having to pull a key out. I ordered the Lariat lux package just to have keyless entry and push button start.

hikonhui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tundra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to have a 2015 Toyota sienna with push button. Be aware if you sleep in your car it will drain you battery. You also can not lock your car due to proximity sensor. You can but someone from the outside can unlock it without the keys if you are near it or in it with the key fob. I like the push button door combo. I can leave my keys it when I go biking. And when I sleep in it noone can open the door or drain my battery

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
I'm with you, I seem to have a high tolerance (for a millenial) for many things deemed "inconvenient" today like using my keys to start a car or open my door and opening my wallet to grab my credit card to pay instead of using my phone. I'll gladly pay $100 less (or even $10) less to not have push-button start on my vehicles, but If someone else deems it worthy of paying for, no skin off my back.
I'm with you I had 1 vehicle with push button start and I hated it!
Sponsored