First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tim mentioned in his stream that the Maverick hybrids will move up to 50% of builds coming out of the factory starting July.

He also mentioned that his estimated allocations to the end of year are not reflecting the announced July ramp up. While the 50% is an important milestone, the lack of ramp-up would result in fewer hybrids being built in the long run. Even with the ramp up and 50% allocation, we are still looking at ~22,000 hybrid orders being left over.
Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@commadorebob I don't know whether to like šŸ‘šŸ» or be sad šŸ™ about this post. Trying to remain cautiously optimistic but at 15 months + starting to wonder if I'll win the scheduling lottery.
Thanks for sharing this update.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they have been close to 50% for a while. Ford is just finally admitting it.

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
Now that I donā€™t have a horse in the race I can watch this process from a much more dispassionate position. I am very interested to see how it ends up for this model year for both eco-boost and hybrids.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My ma has a hybrid on order that she texts me about almost daily so Iā€™m pumped about this!

@commadorebob any new mention on the ranger from Tim? I didnā€™t watch tonight. I know itā€™s not everyoneā€™s cup of tea but Iā€™m about to move on a Tacoma at a ridiculous deal. Canā€™t wait anymore.

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah but the real question is how many months of production is left for MY2023? Supposedly it will not be pushed out a few months like MY2022 with order banks opening in July, but maybe it will be a repeat of MY2023 where they have to delay orders for a few months and push out productions for a few months?

Not holding my breath, though. I'm just happy to have been scheduled at this point, but many people will be left stuck in the wind even with 50% production being Hybrids for the remaining months of MY2023 production.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My ma has a hybrid on order that she texts me about almost daily so Iā€™m pumped about this!

@commadorebob any new mention on the ranger from Tim? I didnā€™t watch tonight. I know itā€™s not everyoneā€™s cup of tea but Iā€™m about to move on a Tacoma at a ridiculous deal. Canā€™t wait anymore.
Only that the MY23 was wrapping up. Nothing else.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everything is indicating Ford has found a way to increase commodities needed to build the Hybrid. The Customer has spoken. Hybrid is what they want. I don't doubt Ford has been working on this since they were swarmed in the first model year. This stuff does not happen overnight.
Everything is going to hinge on the build schedule for July/August. This will reflect the third shift added. Instead of the 7-8000 units per month ( something like that?) if we see that go to 11-12,000 per month we could see nearly all retail orders built by the October 14 shutdown for 2023 model year.

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Everything is indicating Ford has found a way to increase commodities needed to build the Hybrid. The Customer has spoken. Hybrid is what they want. I don't doubt Ford has been working on this since they were swarmed in the first model year. This stuff does not happen overnight.
Everything is going to hinge on the build schedule for July/August. This will reflect the third shift added. Instead of the 7-8000 units per month ( something like that?) if we see that go to 11-12,000 per month we could see nearly all retail orders built by the October 14 shutdown for 2023 model year.
I have a feeling the stupid dealership allocations are still going to cripple getting the retail orders to customers...unless Ford adjusts the dealership allocations accordingly...which wouldnt it put us in the similar situation now? They can build more, give dealerships more per month, but if just as many people buy them again when the order banks open and goes over what they can build a year and close the order banks....we will still be in this same waiting game situation...?

GMAN29

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@commadorebob I don't know whether to like šŸ‘šŸ» or be sad šŸ™ about this post. Trying to remain cautiously optimistic but at 15 months + starting to wonder if I'll win the scheduling lottery.
Thanks for sharing this update.
18 months and got my build date jun 12

Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim mentioned in his stream that the Maverick hybrids will move up to 50% of builds coming out of the factory starting July.

He also mentioned that his estimated allocations to the end of year are not reflecting the announced July ramp up. While the 50% is an important milestone, the lack of ramp-up would result in fewer hybrids being built in the long run. Even with the ramp up and 50% allocation, we are still looking at ~22,000 hybrid orders being left over.
Is this due to more Hybrid parts or just people switching from Hybrid to EB?

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah but the real question is how many months of production is left for MY2023? Supposedly it will not be pushed out a few months like MY2022 with order banks opening in July, but maybe it will be a repeat of MY2023 where they have to delay orders for a few months and push out productions for a few months?

Not holding my breath, though. I'm just happy to have been scheduled at this point, but many people will be left stuck in the wind even with 50% production being Hybrids for the remaining months of MY2023 production.
They are discontinuing the Escape. There is a source for hybrid engine. That will also free up a production line after modifications. Bronco Sports are not selling so that provides the interior and front end clip.
I hope that Ford will put the hybrid engine in the Bronco Sport and then not charge $50K for it. That would make for a nice vehicle and get the sports moving again.
After buying my Maverick I have realized that you just donā€™t swap out the drivetrain and turn the vehicle into a hybrid. The floor pan on a Maverick hybrid is different than the ice model.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this due to more Hybrid parts or just people switching from Hybrid to EB?
Likely more hybrid parts. I doubt enough people jumped to EB to move the needle.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't worry too much about allocation. Most here have a much misinformed view of how those work. Bottom line is that Dealers that deserve/earned allocation will also be ones that have a lot of Retail Orders. If they happen to get some Stock Orders out of this....it is because the earned them.
Got a podunk Dealer that only wants to order F-Series from Ford.....well they won't be getting as many Mavericks. Normally this does not matter to the person placing the order, as Ford does want to build actual Retail orders. But with certain vehicles that are in very high demand, you must do your homework to find a Dealer that will likely get a decent number of Mavericks allocated. Or place orders at different Dealers. We have no idea how many have done that, I suspect a very small percentage.
I was prepared to have to order a 2024 Maverick. Looks like I will get my 2023. But unlike many I actually think Ford has made a stellar effort to increase Hybrid production to get as many built as possible.
Just look at Mavericks main competitor. Hyundai Santa Cruz. Maverick selling 2:1 over it and could be 3:1. The numbers tell you that Ford would likely STILL not meet demand if they doubled production. Remember, order banks were only open for one week.....

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are discontinuing the Escape. There is a source for hybrid engine. That will also free up a production line after modifications. Bronco Sports are not selling so that provides the interior and front end clip.
I hope that Ford will put the hybrid engine in the Bronco Sport and then not charge $50K for it. That would make for a nice vehicle and get the sports moving again.
After buying my Maverick I have realized that you just donā€™t swap out the drivetrain and turn the vehicle into a hybrid. The floor pan on a Maverick hybrid is different than the ice model.
They are discontinuing Escape?
Sponsored