First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is scheduled up on MY23 through the rest of the year and their first MY23 rolls off the line today. What more were you expecting?
He's been here a whole 2 and a half months waiting......
Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow... Hitches are a problem again?
My theory has been that ford makes very little profit on the hybrids, but use them to meet the cafe standards numbers for selling more expensive larger trucks. They know what the target number of hybrid mavs to make is to off set the numbers for the larger trucks that have more profit, and that is all they need to make.
That is all on Ford. They should not have allowed for new 23 hybrid orders because of constraints.

Last edited:

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I then understanding that Ford is more likely to build a Lariat Lux BAP Hybrid than say an XL Hybrid/XLT Hybrid/Base Lariat Hybrid?

Ford is over capacity on the Hybrid, but not the other money making items.

So then it would make sense to sell the most expensive Hybrids first/at all right? This lets them sell the higher margin items rather than selling out on the lower trim hybrids first?
Ford would never say that in an ad and tell the truth?, so we XL hybrib order holders are at their mercy.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well i also have an order in for a rav4 hybrid. Its really just a place in line rather than an order but we will see if toyota is any faster.
THe new Pruis powertrain, is it more powerful than what is in the RAV4?

Sponsored

nytro97

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called Ford a little over a week ago (a second time) just to check to make sure my order was still OK. She said it was in and all looked good, verified my information and said there were no dates.
I decided to call my dealer today (first time) to ask about the order status and questioned priority codes. My sales person was going to check and call me back. She called me back within 5 minuets and told me it had a build date week of 12/05 and could see it by the end of the month. (surprised)
I ordered it on 9/17 XLT, Lux, AWD, Eco-boost. We will see what happens.

I have received no emails from Ford.

Last edited:

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford a little over a week ago (a second time) just to check to make sure my order was still OK. She said it was in and all looked good, verified my information and said there were no dates.
I decided to call my dealer (first time) to ask about the order status and questioned priority codes. My sales person was going to check and call me back. She called me back within 5 minuets and told me it had a build date week of 12/05 and could see it by the end of the month. (surprised)
I ordered it on 9/17 XLT, Lux, AWD, Eco-boost. We will see what happens.

I have received no emails from Ford.
If you have a build date, Ford should be able to give you a VIN if you call.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you really think Ford doesn’t know how many units they can produce?
A total number for the year, when they are dependent on various companies for parts…..I doubt they can forecast exactly how many they can build in a year. Decent estimate?…..sure

How many next month?….now that they should be able to get a better estimate

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A total number for the year, when they are dependent on various companies for parts…..I doubt they can forecast exactly how many they can build in a year. Decent estimate?…..sure

How many next month?….now that they should be able to get a better estimate
The market forecast was determined and contracts for all the components were locked in well before the start of production for a specific model year.

Sometimes changes can be made during the year in respond to actual demand, but only if the suppliers can accommodate those changes. Otherwise the plan is the plan.

This works in the former world where 90% of vehicles are bought from inventory on the dealer lots. But this entire supply chain system breaks down in the brave new world where the bulk of vehicles are customer ordered. That’s why both Ford and GM have finally admitted their systems have to change

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a lariat Lux tremor order in for 2023 but heard nothing to date. Was kind of hoping with more capacity and less orders I might have heard something by now :(
So more capacity for all 2.0 mavericks and less orders of Tremors just means that production of Tremors scheduled means that only a few tremors will be scheduled in any one week. Do not remember percentage of tremors (8%?) But probably if 1200 2.0's are scheduled to be built in one week then only 96 tremors will be scheduled for that week. The supply chain will be set up for parts to be delivered at the appropriate times.....constrained items can and will cause a short term adjustment when possible in day to day and week to week scheduling changes....

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford actually tells you that when you research status of back orders on their sight , FMC dealer . They don't give you actual confidential info , but enough to determine that they are in a financial feud with supplier . As some have stated on here , it's no big deal to weld up some steel to make a hitch , but you do have to pay someone to do it .
When a customer cancels an order, and this is multiplied into the thousands, as is the case for the us market , and then not actually actually canceled as it should ,making it easier / quicker for those waiting to get a truck quicker . Ok , but that’s not the case the dealers receiving those abandoned orders, and raising the price 5000 to $12,000 this should be wrong or illegal,

now ,listen now the effect is walk in off the street
Get a truck they having never had order in period, at all!

That being said, if you had ordered a truck and took a early delivery of a truck ( somehow ). that’s one thing, but even then they didn’t cancel the order of the truck , they customer would of been getting ,then sell that one that you would’ve gotten eventually.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Arby's should try that.

Hey! Why wait in line for Chic-fil-A?
ZERO waiting here for the totally edible Arby's Chicken Sammich.
Park wherever you want, we have no customers. At all.
Please.

I heard my first radio ad yesterday where a local Toyota dealer is making hay with "You shouldn't have to wait 6 months or a year for what you want!" Ford's built themselves quite the reputation.

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
When a customer cancels an order, and this is multiplied into the thousands, as is the case for the us market , and then not actually actually canceled as it should ,making it easier / quicker for those waiting to get a truck quicker . Ok , but that’s not the case the dealers receiving those abandoned orders, and raising the price 5000 to $12,000 this should be wrong or illegal,

now ,listen now the effect is walk in off the street
Get a truck they having never had order in period, at all!

That being said, if you had ordered a truck and took a early delivery of a truck ( somehow ). that’s one thing, but even then they didn’t cancel the order of the truck , they customer would of been getting ,then sell that one that you would’ve gotten eventually.
Stay in school kids.
Sponsored