22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford says they want to move to a business model where all sales are custom orders. They better figure out how to do it better than they are now or they will be out of business in five years. I am a new 23 order so I can’t complain yet, but there are too many horror stories from 22 orders for this to last.
I agree 100%! Most manufacturers want to do this too. I know Dodge/Ram/Jeep wants to do this, but they seem to have a better hold on it already. Not sure about GM as I would never own one of them again. Ford has some real issues with it apparently though. I get all the constraints and such, but just based off 2 vehicles, the Bronco and Maverick, this would not be feasible. They can't keep up with demand as it is. Waiting over a year is unacceptable to most people and they move on.
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree 100%! Most manufacturers want to do this too. I know Dodge/Ram/Jeep wants to do this, but they seem to have a better hold on it already. Not sure about GM as I would never own one of them again. Ford has some real issues with it apparently though. I get all the constraints and such, but just based off 2 vehicles, the Bronco and Maverick, this would not be feasible. They can't keep up with demand as it is. Waiting over a year is unacceptable to most people and they move on.
There have been so many "oopsies" in this process.
They closed the hybrid 2022 order banks around 11/15/21...but it was already too late.
They had a bunch of 22 orders roll over in September, but not enough...but they STILL had committed to too many,
They had a bunch of us with assigned VINs who had to endure this recent cancellation/reorder process.
So despite mis-guessing in November 2021 AND mis-guessing the rest of the 2022 production capability in September 2022....someone thought it a good idea to open the 2023 order banks to new orders before any of the prior mess got sorted out.

If they feared empty production lines, they could have just opened the 2023 orders for EB only until they caught up and sorted out the hybrid situation. Now we have all the September new 2023 Hybrid orders and those poor folks have zero idea as to whether their orders will ever be built. That is not good PR. I really do feel badly for this group, as the Ford memos have made it clear that they won't be getting any rollover at the end of the MY.

I'm 13 months in now and I think only 3-4 months more to go (I hope).

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree, it's just a mess. This is the first vehicle I have ordered, so it is all new to me. Normally if the dealer doesn't have what I want they can dealer trade to get it. Not so in the case of today's vehicles, especially the Maverick and Bronco. We have one of each now because our local dealer is good to us and let us know the second the people that ordered them didn't want them and we had first crack at them. I am not in a super hurry, but would like to have it by summer next year if possible. I said from day 1 if it took longer than 6 months to get from Sept 19, 2022 then I was going to buy something else. Fortunately I got a '22 Maverick at the beginning of the month to hold me over.

Last edited:

James Byrne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered Lariat Tremor

9/20/2022
Have not any built date yet but hoping early next year
with this report it may be possible

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, it's just a mess. This is the first vehicle I have ordered, so it is all new to me. Normally if the dealer doesn't have what I want they can dealer trade to get it. Not so in the case of today's vehicles, especially the Maverick and Bronco. We have one of each now because our local dealer is good to us and let us know the second the people that ordered them didn't want them and we had first crack at them. I am not in a super hurry, but would like to have it by summer next year if possible. I said from day 1 if it took longer than 6 months to get from Sept 19, 2022 then I was going to buy something else. Fortunately I got a '22 Maverick at the beginning of the month to hold me over.
My last order was a Mercury Comet in 1970...LOL. This is all new to me...empty lots and no test drives. There are three groups of 2023 orders. 1st in line will be cancelled VINs from 2022 (supposedly 6900 of us); second is supposed to be 2022 rollover orders w/o VINs who ordered in September (no idea how many of those there are); and third are the brand new orders from September's brief opening.

Some very lucky people in groups 2 and 3 are already getting built in November and December. Group 1 hasn't been put into the head of the line yet (likely 12/1 or later). Realistically, if you are in group 3 and do not already have a VIN, I'd think you will be looking at late Summer at the earliest (if a hybrid...much earlier as an Ecoboost).

Just my 2 cents.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I heard my first radio ad yesterday where a local Toyota dealer is making hay with "You shouldn't have to wait 6 months or a year for what you want!" Ford's built themselves quite the reputation.

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1. No Satellite on XLT. You can probably stream SXM on your phone through the radio.
2. Tim broke down exactly what resets your order date on Tuesdays livestream. Get it straight from him so I don't mess it up.
3. Get the bed cover you need for security given where you live. Remember that a large screwdriver will probably defeat it anyway, so don't put anything back there you cant live without. The covers I have seen are more of an out of sight, out of mind thing. If you have a hitch, you can get an inexpensive hitch bike rack that pops in and out in 30 seconds and you wont have to remove your bed cover.
4. I'm grabbing a $299 Harbor Freight aluminum bed rack on the way home from the dealer. Assuming they still manufacturer it in 2037 when mine gets built. I hope my rollover automatically adds the Mr Fusion package.
Ford Maverick Remaining Unscheduled MY2023 Maverick Orders = 77,800. List of Current Constraints 1669229647620

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It'd be nice if people did that when they accidentally use "breaks" instead of "brakes" or "should of" instead of "should have" or "bring to" instead of "take to" (you bring to your current location, take to a location other than your current location)... I could go on and on. Other people's mistakes bother me but I'm fine with my own. Kidding - mine bother me, too. :p
I too have had some brain farts with my posts and because of that I usually go back to them and re-read them later. Most are fine but a few sometimes are not so I correct the spelling or grammar mistakes or even elaborate some of them to make more sense.

Sometimes on a quoted post I see problems with the original post. I then go back to fix them.

And your example of those who use BREAKS instead of BRAKES really annoys me also especially if it is in the title line. I have found that I have had to ignore the thread if it didn't get corrected and happened to be kept showing in the "Latest Posts" if there were constant replies.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dodge, etc. is also a lot smaller than Ford and has changed hands a half dozen times the last few decades. Likely a lot of those legacy contracts that tie Ford's hands don't exist for them. As Tim said in his stream last night, "Ford sells to dealers; not individuals." Likely a ton of laws and contracts keep it that way.

Sponsored

joewaiting

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia, Chrysler, Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My last order was a Mercury Comet in 1970...LOL. This is all new to me...empty lots and no test drives. There are three groups of 2023 orders. 1st in line will be cancelled VINs from 2022 (supposedly 6900 of us); second is supposed to be 2022 rollover orders w/o VINs who ordered in September (no idea how many of those there are); and third are the brand new orders from September's brief opening.

Some very lucky people in groups 2 and 3 are already getting built in November and December. Group 1 hasn't been put into the head of the line yet (likely 12/1 or later). Realistically, if you are in group 3 and do not already have a VIN, I'd think you will be looking at late Summer at the earliest (if a hybrid...much earlier as an Ecoboost).

Just my 2 cents.
We had a white Comet with Beige vinyl top, Great little car! We received from Grandma in 1983 sold in 1989 for Taurus wagon

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s a little concerning to me that here we are 2 months from 2023 ordering and except for 1 week of scheduling, nothing much has happened.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard my first radio ad yesterday where a local Toyota dealer is making hay with "You shouldn't have to wait 6 months or a year for what you want!" Ford's built themselves quite the reputation.
Well i also have an order in for a rav4 hybrid. Its really just a place in line rather than an order but we will see if toyota is any faster.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s a little concerning to me that here we are 2 months from 2023 ordering and except for 1 week of scheduling, nothing much has happened.
Ford is scheduled up on MY23 through the rest of the year and their first MY23 rolls off the line today. What more were you expecting?

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is scheduled up on MY23 through the rest of the year and their first MY23 rolls off the line today. What more were you expecting?
Nothing i have lost interest
Sponsored