First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then stay where you are. It is the standalone hitch that seems to be the problem. The Lux Package seems to be okay.
What about the spray in bed liner and mod guards
Sponsored

TpaTruck

There is definitely a big difference between seat covers and replacement. I have cloth seats on my Rav4 as well and hate them. I've tried vinyl and cloth seat covers, but none seem to fit quite right. They always bunch up in the drivers seat and eventually usually it comes off the seat entirely.

What seat covers are you using that seem as soon as OEM? Honest question actually, because I have yet to find a seat cover that is even close. Main reason I went with a Lariat.
Every vehicle I've ever owned had seat covers and they have all fit well except for one, and that's because I ordered one that 'closely' fit. I still liked it loosely fitting more than the cloth seats.

I only got XLT cuz the geniuses at Ford discontinued offering the Lariat EB with FWD. Forcing me to buy AWD to keep EB actually made me go down in trim, because losing EB was a deal breaker. Otherwise I'd have gotten Lariat. I haven't bought seat covers for it yet because they haven't built it yet. But I've looked on Amazon and found many options. There are a lot of options if you Google too, made to fit Fits Maverick. Most options are around $150.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most of you have been here much longer than I have and I appreciate all your information and the emotional support.

I ordered the following on Sept 21 from a small local dealer. I need it by spring if possible. What should I drop? I'm thinking the bedliner and spare? Maybe the window? And ask nicely if they will make me anything other than Priority 19.

2023 Maverick XLT, EB, AWD, Lux, 4K, FX4, CoPilot360, 64V Wheels, Spray-in bedliner, FS Spare, Manual Rear Window.

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most of you have been here much longer than I have and I appreciate all your information and the emotional support.

I ordered the following on Sept 21 from a small local dealer. I need it by spring if possible. What should I drop? I'm thinking the bedliner and spare? Maybe the window? And ask nicely if they will make me anything other than Priority 19.

2023 Maverick XLT, EB, AWD, Lux, 4K, FX4, CoPilot360, 64V Wheels, Spray-in bedliner, FS Spare, Manual Rear Window.
It's really a crap shoot right now, but you are ordering an EB, which makes it much easier. If I were you, I'd drop the bedliner and whatever "64V wheels" are. Don't drop anything you really want that isn't easily added after delivery (like the bedliner).

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean mud guards
You can just click the EDIT button on your original post and change whatever. No need to post a follow up with the correction.

gronke

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This has been a really useful thread, and hope I can ask two other questions. As a reminder, I have an 2023 XLT with the 300A and FX4 Off Road Package that is scheduled to be built Dec. 12

1. AM/FM Radio. Surely a dumb question on my part, but I assume this "radio" includes AirPlay and Sirus options? What extra features come with this: "6.5” Productivity Screen in Instrument Cluster (standard on LARIAT)"?

2. I was originally hoping for the spray-in bedliner but removed that back in June when Ford was sending out those emails to the '22 orders trying to get folks to remove things. I took out the Lux, bedliner, and Tonneau cover at that point.

I asked the sales person about adding anything back in (bedliner and 360) and his response was that any change would make this into a completely new order with new delays.
    1. Is the sales person right about that?
    2. What are my after market options for a bed liner? (I see one at the Ford website for around $300)
  3. Unrelated to the build, wondering what experiences folks have with the cover. I'm likely to have a cover on most of the time, but also will want to pop it off when transporting bicycles. Are those relatively easy on/off (I think they roll up?)? Do you compromise water resistance if you do that?

4. Last question (sorry!): I'd like some sort of rack for the Mav to carry kayak and/or canoe. Any suggestions? It would ideally be something also that I can put on and take off so I can have the cover on.
Frustrating that some of my thoughts on 3. and 4. are because I live in Portland, OR and am worried about theft and want the bed cover on most of the time.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This has been a really useful thread, and hope I can ask two other questions. As a reminder, I have an 2023 XLT with the 300A and FX4 Off Road Package that is scheduled to be built Dec. 12

1. AM/FM Radio. Surely a dumb question on my part, but I assume this "radio" includes AirPlay and Sirus options? What extra features come with this: "6.5” Productivity Screen in Instrument Cluster (standard on LARIAT)"?

2. I was originally hoping for the spray-in bedliner but removed that back in June when Ford was sending out those emails to the '22 orders trying to get folks to remove things. I took out the Lux, bedliner, and Tonneau cover at that point.

I asked the sales person about adding anythingback in (bedliner and 360) and his response was that any change would make this into a completely new order with new delays.
    2. What are my after market options for a bed liner? (I see one at the Ford website for around $300)
  3. Unrelated to the build, wondering what experiences folks have with the cover. I'm likely to have a cover on most of the time, but also will want to pop it off when transporting bicycles. Are those relatively easy on/off (I think they roll up?)? Do you compromise water resistance if you do that?

4. Last question (sorry!): I'd like some sort of rack for the Mav to carry kayak and/or canoe. Any suggestions? It would ideally be something also that I can put on and take off so I can have the cover on.
Frustrating that some of my thoughts on 3. and 4. are because I live in Portland, OR and am worried about theft and want the bed cover on most of the time.

Thanks again!
1. Don't know on that one. I think only Lariat has Sirius, but not sure about Car Play/Android Auto on the XLT.
2. The general recommendation is to not add anything to the order that can be added after you take delivery. As for the bedliner, Line-X. It's is a little more pricey than the Ford option but will outlast the truck it is sprayed on.
3. The easier they are to come off, the more likely they are to leak. Nothing is waterproof, but the more permanent something is, the more water-tight is can be. I personally plan a hard trifold that I never plan to take off.
4. Check around the forum. There have been some interesting options posted.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I asked the sales person about adding anythingback in (bedliner and 360) and his response was that any change would make this into a completely new order with new delays.

Thanks again!
1. No Satellite on XLT. You can probably stream SXM on your phone through the radio.
2. Tim broke down exactly what resets your order date on Tuesdays livestream. Get it straight from him so I don't mess it up.
3. Get the bed cover you need for security given where you live. Remember that a large screwdriver will probably defeat it anyway, so don't put anything back there you cant live without. The covers I have seen are more of an out of sight, out of mind thing. If you have a hitch, you can get an inexpensive hitch bike rack that pops in and out in 30 seconds and you wont have to remove your bed cover.
4. I'm grabbing a $299 Harbor Freight aluminum bed rack on the way home from the dealer. Assuming they still manufacturer it in 2037 when mine gets built. I hope my rollover automatically adds the Mr Fusion package.

Sponsored

gronke

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. No Satellite on XLT. You can probably stream SXM on your phone through the radio.
2. Tim broke down exactly what resets your order date on Tuesdays livestream. Get it straight from him so I don't mess it up.
3. Get the bed cover you need for security given where you live. Remember that a large screwdriver will probably defeat it anyway, so don't put anything back there you cant live without. The covers I have seen are more of an out of sight, out of mind thing. If you have a hitch, you can get an inexpensive hitch bike rack that pops in and out in 30 seconds and you wont have to remove your bed cover.
4. I'm grabbing a $299 Harbor Freight aluminum bed rack on the way home from the dealer. Assuming they still manufacturer it in 2037 when mine gets built. I hope my rollover automatically adds the Mr Fusion package.
Thanks for the reply! I agree the rack extender looks like it will handle the kayak just fine (and a lot of other things!).

I did view the video, thanks @fordvideoguy, and I'm going to the dealer in person tomorrow.

I think the salesperson I am working with is pretty new (I've been swapped twice now because I am a fully internet order), and I want to press a bit. Mainly, its the Ford 360 system, I drove a rental for the first time that had this lane feature and I found it quite useful and worth the $600 to increase safety.

Bwinter1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang GT, 2010 Honda Insight, 2020 Kia Sore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow... Hitches are a problem again?
What is the big deal about the hitch? Why is a hitch Constraint? The aftermarket ones are not as good and more money. So I am not removing it. I am a MY22 rolled to a MY23 XL Hybrid with co-pilot 360, hitch and I just added the 400 watt inverter. That's it. I will continue to be patient.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have taken the hitch and floor liners off of my 23 Eco AWD XLT and still haven't been scheduled. I am only a priority code 19 so not sure when/if mine will be built. Good thing I have a 22 already to drive and put miles on.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford says they want to move to a business model where all sales are custom orders. They better figure out how to do it better than they are now or they will be out of business in five years. I am a new 23 order so I can’t complain yet, but there are too many horror stories from 22 orders for this to last.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can just click the EDIT button on your original post and change whatever. No need to post a follow up with the correction.
It'd be nice if people did that when they accidentally use "breaks" instead of "brakes" or "should of" instead of "should have" or "bring to" instead of "take to" (you bring to your current location, take to a location other than your current location)... I could go on and on. Other people's mistakes bother me but I'm fine with my own. Kidding - mine bother me, too. :p
Sponsored