Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do you like the HRG 1.5" lift? How does the truck ride/drive after install, any roll in the corners or clunks?

Did you install it yourself or pay shop to do it (cost)?

I'm very close to ordering their lift as it is one of the few out there that maintains the factory rake. Only thing I don't like is that after lift it looks like it suffers the same as the others with the rear wheel being off center in the wheel well. Can you post a pic from the side straight on?

Many thanks.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How do you like the HRG 1.5" lift? How does the truck ride/drive after install, any roll in the corners or clunks?

Did you install it yourself or pay shop to do it (cost)?

I'm very close to ordering their lift as it is one of the few out there that maintains the factory rake. Only thing I don't like is that after lift it looks like it suffers the same as the others with the rear wheel being off center in the wheel well. Can you post a pic from the side straight on?

Many thanks.
It's been great. Ride has been solid from day one and it handles the same. I also have the Steeda rear sway bar on it. I paid a local shop to do it, mostly bc of lack of time as opposed to it seeming difficult. IIRC, I paid about $400 including 4 wheel alignment. I re-torqued all the hardware after about 500 mi based on the specs provided for the Readylift kit which is very similar (HRG does not provide torque specs in their guide). Zero clunking, zero issues and I've had it on for ~10k miles.

It does have the rear wheel appearing off center. That is a function of the rear suspension geometry and design and how lift kits impact that. My understanding is that the effect can be reduced with the addition of subframe spacers, I just haven't gotten around to it. Both Flatout and FRL have subframe spacer sets. Below is a side pic from awhile ago.

I only ever considered HRG and FRL. At the time, HRG fit my budget a little better while still being high quality. I've had no issues and plan to keep it until I move to the Flatout GR setup down the road.

Ford Maverick Reika R30 Drifter wheels + 245/65 Nitto Nomad Grappler tires + HRG 1.5” lift kit -- installed pics Mav 7

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great-looking truck man. I am planning to do the Eibach 2-inch lift springs on mine. Definitely need some added clearance.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Feel any difference between the Toyo's and Nittos ?

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Feel any difference between the Toyo's and Nittos ?
haven’t logged many miles yet (curse you gainful employment!). I do think they’re a little quieter on the freeway. Purposely went with them bc the weight difference was negligible even though I went from 235 to 245. If anything, I might have shaved a few lbs bc the Reikas are pretty light.

nathanchrisman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you! The cherry on top will be if I can get my other wheels/tires sold before my wife runs me over with my new wheels :LOL:
Yeah, I saw you post those and I wish I had a use for them. :)

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Swapped my FX4 wheels w/ 235/65 Toyos for Reika R30 Drifters in Satin Black with 245/65 Nitto Nomad Grapplers today. Wheels are 17x8 with a +20 offset.

It’s lifted with the full HRG 1.5” lift kit.

Love the look and will be excited to add my AD fender flares as soon as it warms up.

ASH_3622a.jpg
ASH_3618a.jpg
ASH_3601a.jpg

Sponsored

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Swapped my FX4 wheels w/ 235/65 Toyos for Reika R30 Drifters in Satin Black with 245/65 Nitto Nomad Grapplers today. Wheels are 17x8 with a +20 offset.

It’s lifted with the full HRG 1.5” lift kit.

Love the look and will be excited to add my AD fender flares as soon as it warms up.

ASH_3622a.jpg
ASH_3618a.jpg
ASH_3601a.jpg
I love the look of these - I'm planning on putting them onto my XLT Hybrid on 235 Wildpeak AT3s when they come back in stock. Did you order them directly from Reika and have them installed at a shop or did you do it as a combination directly from a tire shop? Truck looks amazing!

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I love the look of these - I'm planning on putting them onto my XLT Hybrid on 235 Wildpeak AT3s when they come back in stock. Did you order them directly from Reika and have them installed at a shop or did you do it as a combination directly from a tire shop? Truck looks amazing!
Thanks! I ordered them from Discount Tire. At the time the Drifters specifically were not on DT website but they were able to special order them from Reika (I knew they carried the brand). I know the site shows them on backorder but it might still be worth having a local shop call Reika since Reika's site says they are in stock.

In the end, just was easier for me to have everything get ordered in and delivered there and I could just show up and get them on in 20 min. DT also price matched my Nittos to Walmart and matched what Tire Rack charges for TPMS, hardware, etc (Discount is oddly overpriced in that area IMO). I ended up under what I had budgeted when all said and done.

I am hoping the weather will finally warmup next weekend and I can get my Air Design fender flares put on so I will update with some pics when I get them on.

Azolyn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue AWD XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! It’s lifted with the full HRG 1.5” kit
Did you have to do any trimming? Some people have said that the edge of the shocks will rub/cut on the axle boot and I’m about to install the same lift kit on mine

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did you have to do any trimming? Some people have said that the edge of the shocks will rub/cut on the axle boot and I’m about to install the same lift kit on mine
Yes, it’s in the instructions to grind down the inside lip of the shock a little bit so it doesn’t cut the boot

Azolyn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue AWD XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, it’s in the instructions to grind down the inside lip of the shock a little bit so it doesn’t cut the boot
Ah okay. I just got the lift kit in so I’ll fully read the instructions. Thank you!
Sponsored