Sponsored

Registration Question (Live in MD, Bought in PA)

sinned2007

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
So when I bought my Maverick from Chapman Ford at Horsham PA, my final price included registration and Tags/Title. This was over 2 weeks ago. How do I check with the MVA in Maryland that it is processing? I don't want to be caught unaware as my temporary tags only has 6 weeks left. Thanks.
Sponsored

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm certain that the dealer is required to file your paperwork with your state of residence, so that people aren't trying to circumvent high state taxes. If they didn't, everyone would buy in Delaware. I actually bought a vehicle in Delaware about 6-7 years ago, and they sent everything to MD. I did read a thread here several weeks ago about people having issues with out-of-state dealers and slow processing (including temp tag renewal), and the consensus was that you just have to stay in contact with the dealer to ensure they are doing the work in a timely manner.

I went through Plaza Ford here in Harford County and should have my truck next month -- it's in "shipping" right now.

OP
OP

sinned2007

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
So to update my situation, I got my title in the mail about 5-6 weeks after picking up my truck in PA. I was nervous about not hearing anything from the MVA so I scheduled an appointment and was able to confirm that Chapman Ford was able to submit the necessary paperwork for my registration and tags. Just 2 days ago I finally got my MD tags and registration through the mail and it came from Chapman (I thought the MVA would mail this to me). Just in time as my temporary PA tags expire 1.5 weeks from now.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same situation when I purchased my TRX from Chapman in December. I ended up calling the MD MVA and they stated that they were running 2-4 weeks behind. I finally received my permanent tags, no fault of Chapman...

OP
OP

sinned2007

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Another question.... Chapman only sent me 1 plate. Maryland law requires a front and back plate. There are also no drilled holes in the front of the Maverick to put the front plates in. What to do?

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They sent you one MD metal tag?

You need the front tag mount that fastens to the bumper.

Ask them and they will send you the tag mount, they mailed one for my TRX, and ask them about the other tag...

Good luck..

OP
OP

sinned2007

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Yeah, they only sent me 1 MD metal tag. Weird!
I'll have to ask them to send the front tag mount, they're not exactly responsive though.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The last new set of MD tags I received in December are aluminum and were so thin they were stuck together and I thought it was a single tag until I pried them apart . LOL

I’ve been waiting for the MD tags for my Maverick since I purchased it on March 29, my VA temp tags expired 30-April. :whistle:

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess it doesn't matter -- you won't receive permanent tags until you pay the taxes. Either the dealer does it, or the buyer does it directly. Learn something new every day! :)
Sponsored