Recommended dealers?

NerdLefty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4
Living in Northern Indiana. Currently window shopping local dealer prices. I would be willing to travel to pick up my Mav. Anyone got any dealers in the Midwest they recommend?
Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm seeing a lot about them all over this site. What makes them stand out? Their website looks like a lot like my local dealers page...
I know you didn’t ask me, but I’ll chime in anyway. Haha

They’re super honest and upfront, ultra helpful, have a massive following on the Bronco forums (and others). They’re just knowledgeable and awesome, basically. Also, 3% under invoice (not MSRP). I didn’t order from them because they’re too far away, but I definitely would if I was closer.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-terminology-for-non-car-people.150/

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/granger-ford.152/

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-out-of-state-customers.151/

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What SuckLemons said!

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Minneapolis. I've tried to leverage a couple local dealers to match or beat Granger's 3% offer, one laughed at me, the other I'm still waiting to hear back from after the holiday weekend. Here's one thing about Granger that really intrigues me. On their website they say they offer a dealership lifetime powertrain warranty on all new vehicles, IF you get all the recommended service done at their shop. That alone almost makes it worthwhile to make a 250 one way trip for an oil change. If one of my local dealers matches that, I'll be all over it.

Reactions: JJC

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Living in Northern Indiana. Currently window shopping local dealer prices. I would be willing to travel to pick up my Mav. Anyone got any dealers in the Midwest they recommend?
Hi, we ordered our Maverick 06/21/2021 from Ziegler Ford in Elkhart. We ordered at MSRP prices with NO dealership add one. Our deposit was $500. Experience so far has been so-so. Not sure if I would recommend them. Hopefully this will help.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Granger received over 1000 Bronco reservations for a reason. They are upfront, honest, they keep their customers updated as much as possible, and had the best deal in the country. When local dealers in my area, even the big ones, were saying sticker price or even dealer mark ups, this small town dealer stepped up and offered as much as 2K under invoice. The reasons I stated is the reason I'm driving 1100 miles to Granger Ford for my Bronco. I know they will offer the same service for their Maverick customers.

Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On their website they say they offer a dealership lifetime powertrain warranty on all new vehicles, IF you get all the recommended service done at their shop. That alone almost makes it worthwhile to make a 250 one way trip for an oil change. If one of my local dealers matches that, I'll be all over it.
I had a short discussion on here with someone about that. They brought up the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, but I did a lot of research and found out that these dealer “warranties” are actually service contracts since they are not the manufacturer and can, in fact, make these requirements since that Act does not cover those. So, sometimes they will have you do all maintenance, as you said. Ask for a copy of the paperwork and read through it before making your decision. Some don’t allow things like towing or you void that service contract. If it’s worth it to you to have it, you don’t mind the fine print, and you intend on doing all maintenance and service intervals at that dealer then by all means, go for it. To me it is not worth it, but I am not the type to take my car to the dealer typically.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
I had a short discussion on here with someone about that. They brought up the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, but I did a lot of research and found out that these dealer “warranties” are actually service contracts since they are not the manufacturer and can, in fact, make these requirements since that Act does not cover those. So, sometimes they will have you do all maintenance, as you said. Ask for a copy of the paperwork and read through it before making your decision. Some don’t allow things like towing or you void that service contract. If it’s worth it to you to have it, you don’t mind the fine print, and you intend on doing all maintenance and service intervals at that dealer then by all means, go for it. To me it is not worth it, but I am not the type to take my car to the dealer typically.
True sir, the devil is always in the details. My OCD is the maintenance on my vehicles, but some of the caveats in these type of warranties would even cross me up. But, if one can get it all right I guess it would be a good deal for them.

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yes, we don't advertise this lifetime powertrain coverage on the forums, because it won't apply from a distance and don't want to mislead.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The guys at Long McCarthur in Salina KS were pretty cool. I ordered from them even though I am in CA.

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I made the decision and pulled the trigger very recently with Chapman and using a courtesy delivery. They've been very quick and responsive.
Sponsored