Sponsored

Recommendation for a Dealership that will match the 3% discount! Iowa based... will work with anyone!

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Banned
I have had HUGE success working with this representative:
Kirk Lemon
Certified Sales Consultant
Ames Ford Lincoln
123 Airport Rd
(515) 227-2900 Cell
(515) 233-1913 Office

3% off and no added on extra fees... do yourself a HUGE favor and reach out to Kirk Lemon asap if you are about to order!
Sponsored

Reactions: JJC
OP
OP
WasChops

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Banned
Few questions:

What's the 3% off of? MSRP or Invoice?
How much are their doc fees these days?

I ask, because Granger is 3% off of invoice (whish is less than MSRP) and only $180 doc fee. They're just down the road from Ames.

Interestingly enough, my old man bought a Super Duty from Ames Ford about 4 years ago. They took him for all he was worth with add-ons he really didn't need. Made it look like they were giving him an awesome deal on his trade, just to find out they added to the backend of their previously agreed to "internet price." Felt really bad I couldn't go up there with him to look out for those things. Long story short, he's happy with the truck still, didn't affect him any on the ~$4k the overcharged him for IMO.
Invoice... also updated their DORA to me and Granger added another small "CV LOT MANAGEMENT Fee $10.00" - that Ford did NOT add...

I like the manner in which Kirk responded by email and our cell phone conversations.
Few questions:

What's the 3% off of? MSRP or Invoice?
How much are their doc fees these days?

I ask, because Granger is 3% off of invoice (whish is less than MSRP) and only $180 doc fee. They're just down the road from Ames.

Interestingly enough, my old man bought a Super Duty from Ames Ford about 4 years ago. They took him for all he was worth with add-ons he really didn't need. Made it look like they were giving him an awesome deal on his trade, just to find out they added to the backend of their previously agreed to "internet price" of the new truck. Felt really bad I couldn't go up there with him to look out for those things. Long story short, he's happy with the truck still, didn't affect him any on the ~$4k they overcharged him for IMO.
The Doc fee is $180 and the another $25 for something I do not recall. BTW Ames worked to match Granger and stated it was 3% off Invoice, and that is how I am priced for: 1st Edition AWD, 4k tow, Eqpt Grp 500A, Lariat Lux Pkg Ford Co-Pilot 360 (they added a Fuel Charge $57.50), Destination & Delivery full size spare and Touchlink truck bed lighting

OP
OP
WasChops

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Banned
So are you driving or flying from Florida to Ames?

Did you originally order from Granger? Backed out over a $10 fee? First time hearing anything about this fee on here and it seems we've got at least one that took delivery from them. @pxpaulx any added fees from your Granger transaction?
I did NOT back out and cancel - I brought the matter to their attention- as it was the "principal" of the matter!! The fee was added without any notification... I discovered it by doing a last minute compare of the first signed copy of my DORA - when I responded they cancelled me! Furthermore, the response from Tom was that Ford added the fee, which in all truth - Ford DID NOT ADD the fee, it was not an inserted fee by Ford no the revised DORA.

I will be flying into Des Moines, Ames will pick me up (no added charges) and drive me to their dealership to conclude the transaction. I am confident they will not try to add any last minute fees / add on fees etc. If they do, I will stop the transaction and "ride share" myself back to the airport and find the next flight home.

Reactions: JJC

Nugget

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love Ames Ford. I will be servicing my Maverick there.

If you want to get frustrated about the $10 lot management fee, go for it. It was a Ford Direct addition and dealers can opt in for the fee for their lot management. It is charged on a per car basis and eats into the dealers normal margin. It is added to the dealer invoice, and is a legitimate cost.

Many dealers signed up for the service in August/September.
Sponsored