Mannyr

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Hi all,
I put an order online about 3 weeks ago for a black XLT with FX4 and 4K packages, and I have not heard from the default dealership that the website gave me (sheehy in Springfield VA) I called and email them but no answers whatsoever. So at this point I don’t even know if they ever submitted my order, so I am now looking for any recommendations on dealership that will submit my order soon, also not add the dreaded Market Price Adjustment to the MSRP in the Northern VA or MD area.
Let me know what your experience has been.
PS. I got to see for the first time a maverick in person last night (XL on carbonized gray) and it got me really excited again 😭

Thanks ✌
Sponsored

Sam Strano

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Lux, 4k, moonroof
I looked high and low. I have a hybrid XLT on order, who knows when that'll be built. My current daily driver is being sold back to a previous owner so I needed to do something .

There are definitely a whole bunch of people trying to hose everybody with ATMs. I managed to find one at Frederick Ford in Maryland. Basically I got it down to 750 over sticker from 3K over. Doesn't sit super well with me, but I understand the market and that's sometimes how business goes and I needed the truck. Honestly did almost all of it by email. I was in and out of there in 40 minutes on a Wednesday night.

I left my hybrid on order. I did this because it was a nice option package They're clearly very popular I figured when the time came I could sell this one or even trade it. But I wanted to make sure I liked it before I committed to a hybrid because it would be my first, I'm not completely convinced about the CVT. And being in Western Pennsylvania all wheel drive is nice but I also am a big believer in winter tires but sometimes it's a nice bonus.

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
This is my personal experience, your mileage may vary. Michael Zeller, salesman at Sheehy, in Gaithersburg, MD, has been knowledgeable and honest with me. He put the order in correctly and I started getting Ford emails just a few days after I ordered. That was in September. I just got the Ford email saying that my Mav is built and I should take delivery between Dec 25 and 31. They don't have any on the lot. Fredericktown Motors in Frederick, MD, had a couple of Mavs on the lot, but that was weeks ago.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mike Powers @ Ourisman Ford, Alexandria, VA.

Keyboard Jack

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too had a good experience with Mike Powers. Straight talking, did not push and knew his stuff. I haven't heard from him since I placed my order in mid-August but then I didn't expect to. Time will tell.

Sponsored

dmaggs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Order from a little ways outside of the DMV like I did! Madison Ford was great to work with. Johnny Tyler is a straight shooting guy. No mark up on my XLT order over MSRP. Will be easy enough to pick up my truck down in Madison and bring it back to NOVA.

WhiskeyJim

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
This is my personal experience, your mileage may vary. Michael Zeller, salesman at Sheehy, in Gaithersburg, MD, has been knowledgeable and honest with me. He put the order in correctly and I started getting Ford emails just a few days after I ordered. That was in September. I just got the Ford email saying that my Mav is built and I should take delivery between Dec 25 and 31. They don't have any on the lot. Fredericktown Motors in Frederick, MD, had a couple of Mavs on the lot, but that was weeks ago.
Question for you. I am located up in Laurel, MD area. Did they markup on the retail order or did they give you the offer at MSRP?

OP
OP

Mannyr

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I ended up putting an order with Woodbridge Koons a few weeks ago. So far so good, I got the order correctly and I got the email from Ford. I will keep you all up to date with my experience.

Cheers.

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For me all the Northern VA dealers suck. Ive been buying from Battlefield Ford in Culpeper for more than 20 years and they have always taken care of me. Just my opinion, good luck fellow Maverick prospector.

Sponsored

WhiskeyDad69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Exped XLT / 2018 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Frederick Motor Company in Frederick, MD. Shannon Beall is who I worked with and Angie Burnett. Very transparent and did not charge my a dime above the original MSRP and were aware of the COVP process and everything, I will go there again to buy a vehicle from my customer experience with them and recommend them for a Maverick order.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too had a good experience with Mike Powers. Straight talking, did not push and knew his stuff. I haven't heard from him since I placed my order in mid-August but then I didn't expect to. Time will tell.
He will treat you well, a good guy with a solid reputation. When I reached out to Mike he always responded.

The service department is horrible. I'm not holding my breath that it will turn around anytime soon.
Sponsored