Sponsored

Receiver hitch that's ordered without the towing package rated the same one in towing package?

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is the receiver hitch that is ordered without the towing package rated the same as the one that comes with the towing package.
Sponsored

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No.
Standard towing is 2K.
Or Optional EB AWD with 4K Towing.

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
No.
Standard towing is 2K.
Or Optional EB AWD with 4K Towing.
While I don’t know the answer, I don’t think that’s what he was actually asking. I think the question is whether the actual hitch assembly is the same regardless of if it’s ordered as a separate accessory or in the 2k or 4k packages. Good question.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I don’t know the answer, I don’t think that’s what he was actually asking. I think the question is whether the actual hitch assembly is the same regardless of if it’s ordered as a separate accessory or in the 2k or 4k packages. Good question.
Not sure about that one - someone one here will know or search the forum.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I had to bet....even my life...I would say the HITCH is the exact same...just not rated for the towing, due to other towing accessories. The hitch weight etc, I would "SUSPECT" are the exact same...

Sponsored

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
If I had to bet....even my life...I would say the HITCH is the exact same...just not rated for the towing, due to other towing accessories. The hitch weight etc, I would "SUSPECT" are the exact same...
I agree with you. I SUSPECT that the hitch itself is the same but the wiring and vehicle upgrades are different.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed, there would be no reason to design the hitch assembly itself any different between the two versions - that would be an added cost, not a savings from a design/manufacturing perspective.

The 4pin vs 7pin connections, brake controller and additional cooling/fan for the 4k package are what makes the difference.

OP
OP

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes,that was exactly what i wanted to know. i know the the difference in the two setups but but there is no mention of rather or not the receiver itself is the same in each package.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One thing to think about. Originally the Maverick EB FWD was rated to tow 4K without the AWD. When Ford changed the two capacity, the hitch on the EB FWD was not changed on their build site.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the receiver hitch that is ordered without the towing package rated the same as the one that comes with the towing package.

The Maverick's trailer hitch is a 2" Class III receiver (Part No: NZ6Z17D826C). Class I and Class II hitches have a 1-1/4 inch receiver opening, so as far as the rating is concerned the tongue weight is the same. It's the components of the optional Tow package that provides the extra towing capacity.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes,that was exactly what i wanted to know. i know the the difference in the two setups but but there is no mention of rather or not the receiver itself is the same in each package.
You got to remember,we’re dealing with ford,they have bean counters who believe in saving any where they can.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess someone could measure the wall thickness of each (?). Maybe the "curt guy" will see this and respond. Seems like I saw somewhere that they are the same but it's possible that they are of different classes but if they were I would expect there would be two options which could be selected as stand alone.

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suspect the cost difference between using one hitch with a higher rating would be less than any logistics of managing two different hitches.
Sponsored