Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Too many variables for me. Ford sells an S-ton more vehicles in American than most MFG's. VW and Chrysler sell nowhere near but have a higher recall rate per 1,000 vehicles built than Ford.

What's a recall? Hey, the radio doesn't work properly. Hey, your car gonna blowd up real good. Different recalls.

MTC is a small slice of Maverick owners, pickup owners, Ford owners and vehicle owners amplifying our complaints/joys/fixes way beyond reasonable expectations.

If you like your Mav. You can keep your Mav. Or sell it.

OP
OP
MRickDetroit

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of variables, agreed. I'll be the judge myself IF I ever get mine built lol been waiting since 10/2021. What's the old saying about idle hands? :D

Too many variables for me. Ford sells an S-ton more vehicles in American than most MFG's. VW and Chrysler sell nowhere near but have a higher recall rate per 1,000 vehicles built than Ford.

What's a recall? Hey, the radio doesn't work properly. Hey, your car gonna blowd up real good. Different recalls.

MTC is a small slice of Maverick owners, pickup owners, Ford owners and vehicle owners amplifying our complaints/joys/fixes way beyond reasonable expectations.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lots of variables, agreed. I'll be the judge myself IF I ever get mine built lol been waiting since 10/2021. What's the old saying about idle hands? :D
In the not so immortal words of Stephen Patrick Morrissey:

" Oh, the devil will find work for idle hands to do "

So watch yourself and be safe!!!! :oops: :rolleyes: ;)

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not to say Ford doesnt have alot of recalls but if you look at some of the manufacturers percentage of the market compared to their share of recalls.

Ford Maverick Recalls: Ford vs Other Manufacturers Screenshot 2022-11-22 092855

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Holy crap, is that from SCTV "Farm Film Report"? lol, I loved that sketch.
Nope, it was from when Joel, Tom and the Robot watched Gamera, the flying turtle that saved the universe.
;)

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We don't know how each manufacturer determines what reaches recall level. Other than the legally mandated ones, Ford has a history of issuing recalls on things that have zero impact on the driving experience or are extremely low counts. After my last recall on the Escape, the local dealer told they have seen just one vehicle total with the issue being recalled and even that was a judgment call.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only major recall is the hybrid but that has been found with an easy fix . The airbag isn’t that big of deal . It’s issue but not like tranny issue like Hyundia or Nissan has

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We don't know how each manufacturer determines what reaches recall level. Other than the legally mandated ones, Ford has a history of issuing recalls on things that have zero impact on the driving experience or are extremely low counts. After my last recall on the Escape, the local dealer told they have seen just one vehicle total with the issue being recalled and even that was a judgment call.
Then you got companies like Tesla that NTHSA has to force to take out the "mow down pedestrians" software that wasnt supposed to be there :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone notice Chrysler and their truck division have a separate category... Add that up and you'd have a %20 share.

🤷‍♂️

As far as I'm concerned, part of the reason I'm in a Maverick in the first place is because of the way Ford handled the recalls on my focus. (Good). If they continue to do me right, I'll be loyal.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The biggest question which needs to be asked for clarification is, are there any mixes in these totals that bring into the count items which aren't actual "recalls."
Every manufacturer issues campaigns which aren't necessarily related to emissions compliance or safety, but purely issued to enhance or provide a service or extended coverage to something they admit might not have been up to an acceptable standard. These aren't mandated by the government and should not be counted as "recalls."

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I noticed there is no representation from Honda, and who is Forest River Inc.?

I just googled Forest River, seems to be an RV manufacturer.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

True. Percentage of vehicles sold with recalls would be better. Also having some other popular brands in place of benz etc would help with accuracy. But its a fun little graphic
Sponsored