First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my first post here. I guess I might be a maverick owner. I have a bunch of paperwork that says i bought the XLT I test drove. But alas, sorry, no truck for you. After 2 hours of my life I'll never get back haggling over the stupid markup over sticker, paperwork, etc, we agree to what we both feel is fair I sign some stuff and we make appt for me to get it tomorrow.

I'm not 10 min out of the lot headed home from dealer, feeling fortunate because these Mav's seem to be made of unobtanium... and my phone is ringing. Yeah, sorry, we hooked up the scanner as part of PDI and there is a recall. Something with taillights- this one has towing package. We can't let you take it and we have no parts to fix it, maybe in May. Oh, but there's good news, We have another XLT with no towing package, but it has moonroof and blackout appearance but it's $800 more. and.... no bedliner like the truck you looked at... and it's cactus grey which I'm not a fan of.

So I told them I'll wait for the one I bought but what a pile of poo this is. I've been reading which is always dangerous and recalls popping on on PDI is nothing new- so how about scan the freakin thing when it rolls off the delivery truck!?? If this was a once in a lifetime weird scenario, i'd understand but it's not. So, just bury your heads in the sand and don't bother being proactive on anything.

On a pos note, I'ts a perfect vehicle for me for work and I can't find one literally anywhere for less than 5k over sticker and I'm not paying that much.
XLT,
Carbonized gray mettalic
ecoboost AWD
bedliner
and prob some other stuff I'm forgetting

It's not getting any pimp my ride mods as this will be my work vehicle but I will add a sliding bed tray and some kind of tonnau cover.
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

Pool Fixer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thereā€™s a thread here but I recall the issue is that some trailer wiring connectors are missing a power wire effecting the trailer lights. Yours may work perfectly and not need anything other than a verification.

Check this thread

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...production-vehicles.28910/page-15#post-541837

which pisses me off even more because that bulletin clearly says to not attempt to demo or deliver. So why do the dog and pony show of sir come down and testdrive and lets sit at my desk and make a deal?

and I'll never tow with this thing so who gives a F? I get it, rules are rules but it's frustrating... especially since the local utility markout service which is 2 buildings down from mine just got 15 of them delivered. I think they did it just to piss me off lol

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah I picked up my truck on Saturday which was in the date range, but didn't have the tow package on it. Maybe ask the dealer if they can lock out the hitch so that it can't be used until the parts come in for the recall.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ah yes, yet another glorious Ford dealer experience.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pool Fixer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I picked up my truck on Saturday which was in the date range, but didn't have the tow package on it. Maybe ask the dealer if they can lock out the hitch so that it can't be used until the parts come in for the recall.
thatā€™s a great idea. Not sure itā€™s within the ā€œrulesā€ but Thatā€™s an extremely clever work around

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
which pisses me off even more because that bulletin clearly says to not attempt to demo or deliver. So why do the dog and pony show of sir come down and testdrive and lets sit at my desk and make a deal?

clearest case of fraud I've heard lately, name the dealer.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You're expecting far too much competence from your dealer.

Lower your expectations or they'll lower them for you. That's been my experience.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thatā€™s not a valid option listed under the recall filed with NHTSA, the relevant regulating agency. Thus the vehicle would remain in violation of FMVSS, ineligible for sale as a new vehicle, with the dealer subject to up to the >$20k fine listed.

Permitted resolutions are arranged between NHTSA and the manufacturer. In this case, the missing circuit must be installed before the vehicle can be demonstrated, delivered, etc. No other options but to push the dealer to get the repair done ASAP and provide a loaner if papers have been signed.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thatā€™s a great idea. Not sure itā€™s within the ā€œrulesā€ but Thatā€™s an extremely clever work around
No that won't work. Dealer can't report sold to Ford until the recall is completed. They can get in all sorts of trouble if they let you drive off with it w/ an open safety recall.

I don't know all of the timing...but they may have checked OASIS when they did the PDI (a day or two before you picked it up?), but the recall wasn't announced until after that?

I work at a dealership, and that has happened to us before. The vehicle was prepped the day before. The customer was due to come in to pick the vehicle up, but a "stop sale" recall was announced that morning. We noticed ahead of time, and had to postpone the delivery.

So it may not have been the dealer's fault, and just some bad timing. Or, they may have neglected to check OASIS like they should have during the PDI, and didn't notice until someone tried to report the vehicle sold on SmartVincent.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

and I'll never tow with this thing so who gives a F? I get it, rules are rules but it's frustrating... especially since the local utility markout service which is 2 buildings down from mine just got 15 of them delivered. I think they did it just to piss me off lol
I don't know if you've seen the entire recall notice or not. This one is "advance notice" only. Compliance Recall 23C04
"A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers 2nd quarter 2023 when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall."

It was announced/activated sometime on March 14th..... So if you just test drove and tried to purchase today, it should have been caught. (But I guess it is possible they did the PDI earlier because they may have thought that they had it sold earlier?).

It should have been obvious to sales when they put your info in SmartVincent.....a warning like this pops up: This vehicle has outstanding safety service action 23C04 that must be completed before delivering this vehicle to customer.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me guess, if financed and all paperwork signed, the next thing is that your first note will be due before you ever get your truck. Hopefully that is not the case.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are all ā€˜23s within that date range actually impacted or is there a possibility the OPs truck actually works as intended?

If the dealership plugged a tester into the trailer receptacle and it works, couldnā€™t the dealer sell at that point? Iā€™m sure the dealer is as anxious to get the vehicle off their lot as the OP is to bring it home..

Jguido1987

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let me guess, if financed and all paperwork signed, the next thing is that your first note will be due before you ever get your truck. Hopefully that is not the case.
That is the case for me. That part isnā€™t on my dealer though. I have outside financing.
Just very annoying.
All my accessories came in the day I was suppose to pick up the truck. Just some icing on the cake.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

you all are rough... this was just released 8 days ago. it's entirely possible the dealer performed their due diligence just prior to that and it did not come up on the scanner.

i'm giving the dealership the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Sponsored