Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nearly every brand of auto/truck has had problems for the past 2 years. It a nuisance and a headache but better they recall then have
people hurt or worse . Quality has been a major issue with vehicles produced in Mexico for ever, just google Honda HRV initial deliveries. Honda nearly rebuilt All the initial release of the first year HRV and would not deliver any cars till they were rechecked by QC inspections.
My Fiesta SFE was assembled in Mexico.. it was an amazing car, I would still have it if the BMW hasn't taken it out. I think m
I just read that, too. You’re likely right - cut and paste error.

Good news is those still waiting on their order to be built likely won’t have this nor the lower engine shield/grill shutter mods to worry about. I’ve had problems with recalls on Toyotas and Hondas, too. My 2005 Honda Odyssey had all sorts of annoying issues, including a never fixable transmission shudder, but it did keep running for almost 200K miles.

I once had a new 1977 Dodge Aspen station wagon that had 7 recalls, plus it stalled half the time making a left turn. That was the worst car for reliability I ever had. Sold it after 18 months.

There are no perfect products.
I had a 2016 Renegade that was in the shop 8 times for various work which included a misfire that was sporadic. Needless to say after almost 2 years I took it in for a terrible vibration and the crank sensor failed on the tech while driving. I'm sure it was a bad component from the get go, but it took awhile to fail and wasn't consistent.

I know the girl that has it now and it's been absolutely perfect for her. Go figure lol.
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
64,974 vehicles with build dates from February 3, 2021 through July 9, 2022 are affected
That’s gotta be all of them plus a bunch extra

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What are the recalls so far?

I've heard about:

Engine wiring/fire issue
Airbag Issue
???

It would be nice to have a sticky with recalls for the Maverick. I can't keep up with everything and recalls too. I'm still waiting for my lock box to be installed in the console as it has not come in!
Older Mavericks may have had a fuel tank issue caused by the installer of the spray in bedliner. And there was another for a software upgrade due to an error in how the vehicle warm-up/remote start was handled by the computer (causing catalytic converters to overheat). And an update (not recall) to the infotainment unit to fix early model's freezing up issues.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if you input your vin on Ford's recall website and nothing comes up you're fine? Or do we have to wait for the official letter.

I had the truck there for a day due to losing accelaration on the freeway and engine light on but nothing else came up according to the advisor. I mentioned a lots of time to check for other recalls and tsb but he said nothing came up on my vin. And the issue I experienced supposedly was due to "Network Traffic!" Whatever that means. Kinda alarming but what can I do if they cannot replacate and they can't find any other faults?

The Maverick is still an amazing vehicle! But rising issues like this, if it keeps coming, will eventually hurt its image. Hopefully it won't be like the Pinto.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These notices are a nice consolation for those of us who haven't been built/delivered. That's about the best thing to be said about it.
See I don't agree. I have mine, I can drive it, and yes I will take it in for the recalls once parts are available. No big deal. I have no doubt there will be recalls in the future for any new vehicle you buy in the future. Learn to live with it.

Sponsored

Whatthewhat11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you read the documents (the second one), a stop ship order was enacted on July 12th and after testing and a field remedy, shipping began again on August 1st.

This might explain a delay some people are seeing in their trucks getting out of the factory in the last month. It might also explain the 2-3 week shift outward in production dates for 2023 models "to get more 2022 orders done".

These airbags are made by ZF in Mexico. If entire replacement assemblies are going to be needed for our trucks this means that factory will be feeding both 65k replacement sets in addition to production of new vehicles. Could be a new constraint for 2023 production or be slow for our replacements - or both.
I can see it now. "Side curtain air bags are a constraint item, consider removing from your build if you want your truck before 2024."

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've owned 1 Plymouth(hand me down), 3 Fords, 1 Honda, 1 Subaru, 1 GMC. The Plymouth was a 73, needed a new short block in 74. Issue with steering column in my 80 Thunderbird. 88 Honda had 1 recall but a bad fuel pump at 6mos. 03 Subaru needed a new short block/lower bearrings at 47000. 99 F150 2 recalls one for cruise cont. the other 15 yrs later for gas tank strap rust. GMC no recalls while I had it but a cracked head.
7 vehicles 49 yrs and only a hand full of issues. Compair that to ALL the car companies/recalls today (Ferrari just had a massive issue.) I will never learn to live with companies choosing to not vet products and fixing things later.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
64,974 vehicles with build dates from February 3, 2021 through July 9, 2022 are affected
Guess I'm included... Ship date on 7-1-22. Anyone know where the "side-curtain air bag modules" are located? If they are near any of the stereo speakers, maybe I'll ask the service dept if they can through in some better sounding speakers proved by me for a nominal charge 😁

Last edited:

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
See I don't agree. I have mine, I can drive it, and yes I will take it in for the recalls once parts are available. No big deal. I have no doubt there will be recalls in the future for any new vehicle you buy in the future. Learn to live with it.
I have a 2013 Escape SEL, it is on its 15 th recall, still a reliable comfortable SUV. At 78000 miles I,ll keep it till all the supply issues
are resolved and available of hybrids increased. Gas prices will remain above $3 for the foreseeable future so I have decided 40 combined MPG is lowest number to justify pricing to purchase.
The Maverick has proven a small truck has a market but as all companies do the price will increase substantially in the future.
I expect the minimum entry XL to be $25000 by 2024 .

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guess I'm included... Ship date on 7-1-22. Anyone know where the "side-curtain air bag modules" are located? If they are near any of the stereo speakers, maybe I'll ask the service dept if they can through in some better sounding speakers proved by me for a nominal charge 😁
I had the same idea 🤣

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One more item to add to the list of things for my dealer to fix when I bring in my Maverick for its first service appointment.

I really like the features of my truck, but I’m beginning to wonder whether buying my first Ford was such a good idea. I’ve never had this many issues with any Toyota, Mitsubishi, or Honda that I’ve owned. I guess this is why Ford has the reputation that it does. I’m feeling better by the day about having purchased the extended warranty.

All of that said, I’m still trying to stay optimistic! I really like my truck, and at least Ford is fixing their errors.
If you’re nervous about it, just sell it while you can still get all your mo back. Get a nice little Santa Cruz, although it too, is a first model year, and their recall track record is even worse than Ford’s.

PaPaG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Alto
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious that the system for bag deployment worked correctly before February. Seems odd that they would have changed a working safety system in the middle of the MY. I wonder if this is a component of the delays in production lately.

Spectrasonic

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi A5 Sportback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious that the system for bag deployment worked correctly before February. Seems odd that they would have changed a working safety system in the middle of the MY. I wonder if this is a component of the delays in production lately.
February 2021.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is Feb 21. That would have around the time the first few went down the line. So it is every Mav up until last month

PaPaG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Alto
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is Feb 21. That would have around the time the first few went down the line. So it is every Mav up until last month
I am fairly sure there were quite a few produced before then. Look on this site and you will find many with deliveries before Feb 21.
Sponsored