First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
64,974 units possibly affected? Isn't that pretty much every Maverick made up to this point? I'm not sure how many units Ford has made so far but I feel like this will affect virtually every Maverick produced up until July. Well, I sure can't wait to get that envelope in the mail for it... :cautious:

On the other hand, any mainstream manufacturer nowadays is bound to have recalls. Even the beloved Toyota is known for its recalls. When I worked there as a service porter in 2020, every other appointment was specifically for the fuel pump recalls on the Highlander, Tacoma, Avalon, and later on, the RAV4. If it wasn't for that, it was also for the infamous Takata airbag recall for older Toyotas such as first-gen Sequoias/Tundras, third-gen RAV4s, ninth-gen Corollas, first-gen Yaris', etc.
Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

64,974 units possibly affected? Isn't that pretty much every Maverick made up to this point? I'm not sure how many units Ford has made so far but I feel like this will affect virtually every Maverick produced up until July. Well, I sure can't wait to get that envelope in the mail for it... :cautious:

On the other hand, any mainstream manufacturer nowadays is bound to have recalls. Even the beloved Toyota is known for its recalls. When I worked there as a service porter in 2020, every other appointment was specifically for the fuel pump recalls on the Highlander, Tacoma, Avalon, and later on, the RAV4. If it wasn't for that, it was also for the infamous Takata airbag recall for older Toyotas such as first-gen Sequoias/Tundras, third-gen RAV4s, ninth-gen Corollas, first-gen Yaris', etc.
It is what it is. Didn't Subaru just recall their new electric SUV for hub bolts backing off the stud. There is a Do Not Drive on them with no fix in sight. Did that branch over to the Toyota version as well?

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One more item to add to the list of things for my dealer to fix when I bring in my Maverick for its first service appointment.

I really like the features of my truck, but Iā€™m beginning to wonder whether buying my first Ford was such a good idea. Iā€™ve never had this many issues with any Toyota, Mitsubishi, or Honda that Iā€™ve owned. I guess this is why Ford has the reputation that it does. Iā€™m feeling better by the day about having purchased the extended warranty.

All of that said, Iā€™m still trying to stay optimistic! I really like my truck, and at least Ford is fixing their errors.
Ford has a bad reputation?

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is what it is. Didn't Subaru just recall their new electric SUV for hub bolts backing off the stud. There is a Do Not Drive on them with no fix in sight. Did that branch over to the Toyota version as well?
That recall did branch over to the Toyota BZ4X. According to the article I've read on Motortrend, the existing vehicles were only delivered to private hands such as automotive journalists and reviewers and haven't been sold to the public. That's the reason why you don't see either on the road thanks to that stop sale. It's not a good image for both brands.

ReadyMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had my Maverick into the Dealer a month ago for a rattle in front driver a-pillarā€¦ie where curtain air bag is. Service Manager took it off and said there was nothing rattling in there but he saw something concerning with the air bagā€¦never asked exactly what. Currently back with Dealer as we speak for remedy of rattle and am going to ask about this recall and what he saw originallyā€¦stay tuned.

Sponsored

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
What are the recalls so far?

I've heard about:

Engine wiring/fire issue
Airbag Issue
???

It would be nice to have a sticky with recalls for the Maverick. I can't keep up with everything and recalls too. I'm still waiting for my lock box to be installed in the console as it has not come in!

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
One more item to add to the list of things for my dealer to fix when I bring in my Maverick for its first service appointment.

I really like the features of my truck, but Iā€™m beginning to wonder whether buying my first Ford was such a good idea. Iā€™ve never had this many issues with any Toyota, Mitsubishi, or Honda that Iā€™ve owned. I guess this is why Ford has the reputation that it does. Iā€™m feeling better by the day about having purchased the extended warranty.

All of that said, Iā€™m still trying to stay optimistic! I really like my truck, and at least Ford is fixing their errors.
Nearly every brand of auto/truck has had problems for the past 2 years. It a nuisance and a headache but better they recall then have
people hurt or worse . Quality has been a major issue with vehicles produced in Mexico for ever, just google Honda HRV initial deliveries. Honda nearly rebuilt All the initial release of the first year HRV and would not deliver any cars till they were rechecked by QC inspections.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I went in for my first oil change they followed up with the recall for the spray in bed liner and gas tank... mine fell in the middle of the dates and they said mine was good when they checked it. I'll probably wait until my next oil change and have them replace the air bags then.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided

It really is a shame that a company has to be judged more by how they fix their problems vs how many problems they sell us in the first place. Such is life.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That recall did branch over to the Toyota BZ4X. According to the article I've read on Motortrend, the existing vehicles were only delivered to private hands such as automotive journalists and reviewers and haven't been sold to the public. That's the reason why you don't see either on the road thanks to that stop sale. It's not a good image for both brands.
There were no Subaru deliveries but there were Toyota deliveries. And Toyota has a no-drive recommendation and was even offering a full buyback.

Sponsored

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's usually not a good idea to buy the first year's model of any new vehicle.
True, which is why I opted for Fordā€™s extended warranty. Iā€™m still happy with the truck, growing pains and all

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Had my Maverick into the Dealer a month ago for a rattle in front driver a-pillarā€¦ie where curtain air bag is. Service Manager took it off and said there was nothing rattling in there but he saw something concerning with the air bagā€¦never asked exactly what. Currently back with Dealer as we speak for remedy of rattle and am going to ask about this recall and what he saw originallyā€¦stay tuned.
I'm on my 11th dealer visit for this issue in 6 months. Second dealer. The second dealer just threw foam in there without explaining to me what the actual issue was or why a new part wasn't being ordered. And it still rattles.

And this is after both of their "master" techs looked at my vehicle.

Disgusting.

This will be my first and last Ford vehicle.

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the replacing of the brake linings on page 4 just a copy/paste error?

After 9 months of waiting I was unfortunately in an accident 7 days after taking delivery. All airbags went off and Maverick called 911 automatically (that's a setting in the infotainment, be sure to set it if you want it!).

My left arm was pretty jacked up from the side curtain airbag that I had to wear long sleeves in a heatwave for over a week but I assumed that was just how airbags were if you're really close to them.

If anyone is still waiting on delivery and apprehensive about the fact that they ordered before it was even NHTSA tested, at least a sample of 1 can say it seems pretty good in a crash...
I just read that, too. Youā€™re likely right - cut and paste error.

Good news is those still waiting on their order to be built likely wonā€™t have this nor the lower engine shield/grill shutter mods to worry about. Iā€™ve had problems with recalls on Toyotas and Hondas, too. My 2005 Honda Odyssey had all sorts of annoying issues, including a never fixable transmission shudder, but it did keep running for almost 200K miles.

I once had a new 1977 Dodge Aspen station wagon that had 7 recalls, plus it stalled half the time making a left turn. That was the worst car for reliability I ever had. Sold it after 18 months.

There are no perfect products.

Last edited:

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
August 8, 2022 NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V594000
Side Curtain Air Bag Malfunction/FMVSS 226
Improper deployment of an air bag increases the risk of injury in a crash.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V594000

Manufacturer Ford Motor Company

Components AIR BAGS

Potential Number of Units Affected 64,974

Summary

Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2022 Maverick vehicles. The side-curtain air bags may not deploy properly. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 226, "Ejection Mitigation."

Remedy

Dealers will replace the left and right side-curtain air bag modules with a new design, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed September 22, 2022. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 22C20.

Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.

1 Affected Product
Vehicle

MAKEMODELYEAR
FORDMAVERICK2022

2 Associated Documents
Waiting for the ā€œglad I didnā€™t get a maverickā€ comments. šŸ˜„

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Exactly. All manufacturers have recalls. It doesnā€™t mean the Maverick is a POS.
Sponsored