Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am fairly sure there were quite a few produced before then. Look on this site and you will find many with deliveries before Feb 21.
Wasn’t even unveiled until June 2021.
Sponsored

PaPaG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Alto
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I am a twittle-pated fool! Never noted that the February was in 2021. I just assumed 2022. Not a careful reading on my part. oops.

dhvgb1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid (2014), Honda CR-V (2018)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you read the documents (the second one), a stop ship order was enacted on July 12th and after testing and a field remedy, shipping began again on August 1st.

This might explain a delay some people are seeing in their trucks getting out of the factory in the last month. It might also explain the 2-3 week shift outward in production dates for 2023 models "to get more 2022 orders done".

These airbags are made by ZF in Mexico. If entire replacement assemblies are going to be needed for our trucks this means that factory will be feeding both 65k replacement sets in addition to production of new vehicles. Could be a new constraint for 2023 production or be slow for our replacements - or both.
This does explain why my truck built the first week of July has never shipped.... : (

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There were many pre-production units built for test purposes, media events, as well as for assembly line workers learning how to actually build them, long before they went into actual for sale production.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The other major issue that is going to arise out of this recall, is that any Mavericks that haven't been already delivered that were built within the specified date range - by law - can't be delivered until the recall is repaired. That also means that either they will sit at the assembly plany awaiting for the redesigned airbags to be installed or ship to the dealers and sit and wait for the dealers to get the airbags to install. This is the same scenario as what happened with the fuel tank recall.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I looked up my VIN# on NHTSA and nothing. Built 2/8/22

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It really is a shame that a company has to be judged more by how they fix their problems vs how many problems they sell us in the first place. Such is life.
Microsoft has been using the public to troubleshoot their products for years.

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

64,974 vehicles with build dates from February 3, 2021 through July 9, 2022 are affected
How can I tell what my build date was? Sticker has 6/24/2022 on it.

Sponsored

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Microsoft has been using the public to troubleshoot their products for years.
Computer crashes typically don't result in vehicle ejection however. ;)

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One more item to add to the list of things for my dealer to fix when I bring in my Maverick for its first service appointment.

I really like the features of my truck, but I’m beginning to wonder whether buying my first Ford was such a good idea. I’ve never had this many issues with any Toyota, Mitsubishi, or Honda that I’ve owned. I guess this is why Ford has the reputation that it does. I’m feeling better by the day about having purchased the extended warranty.

All of that said, I’m still trying to stay optimistic! I really like my truck, and at least Ford is fixing their errors.
FYI Toyota just sent out not a recall but a buy back of their new SUV as all four wheels can fall off at any time. So no Ford is not the only one with growing pains with new models 😉

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mav2112

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will definitely be taking my time getting this recall completed. The idea of someone tearing the headliner and trim out of my 2 month old truck that I have worked tirelessly on keeping scratch free and cleaned up just doesn’t sound appealing right now haha. And when you delve into the reasons for the recall, the curtain airbags are barely out of the government compliance spec. Such a shame. I didn’t even have side curtain in previous vehicle so what I got is already an improvement.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had my Maverick into the Dealer a month ago for a rattle in front driver a-pillar…ie where curtain air bag is. Service Manager took it off and said there was nothing rattling in there but he saw something concerning with the air bag…never asked exactly what. Currently back with Dealer as we speak for remedy of rattle and am going to ask about this recall and what he saw originally…stay tuned.
That's exactly where mine sounded like it was rattling from. I took the a pillar off probably three or four times and put padding in there and taped up wiring and clips and nothing ever fixed it.
What did end up fixing it is when I had my windshield replaced by Safelite due to a crack from a rock. There's a thread on here somewhere about it but most likely it's the windshield not sealed to the frame properly and it rattles against it.
Sponsored

Reactions: bgn