First Name
¬Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4x2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted AWD for heavy rain/light off-roading, 4k tow to potentially pull a small travel trailer, uHaul, jet skis, etc., and the fun aftermarket potential.
Sponsored

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both the Hybrid and EB are good choices for many reasons. It’s clear that gas mileage is a major factor in purchasing the Hybrid. I would be interested to hear the main reasons buyers chose the EB instead of the Hybrid.
Waited 14 months for a hybrid. Changed to EB first day they allowed it. Scheduled 2 weeks later. Love the zip that this truck has. 30 mpg instead of 40 not a big deal to me as I am retired and don’t drive that many miles a year. Haven’t been recalled yet either….so there’s that.

Z06

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, 15 Ram 2500, HHR, 23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't trust Ford with a hybrid engine

Hybrids have more expensive maintenance

I can work on a normal vehicle myself

Oh yeah, and I dont trust CVTs
can’ believe it took 3 pages to find this reply. It’s right on. I’ll also add that I don’t City drive in short under 15mph stop and go. I’m always +35 - Highway interstate driving

I think the hybrid is great for the right person. I think many order the hybrid based on other ppls needs

I also keep a vehicle for way too long. I’m 34 and still have my high school civic. I trust the eco to last over the hybrid. Ex battery replacement/maintenance as mentioned

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted the extra HP and pulling ability.
I like the GF's hybrid as well.
I could live with either.

Sponsored

Topdog!

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and RAV 4- Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AWD and too many fears with the Hybrid engine especially after hearing about multiple people having problems. Need a reliable vehicle not one I have to worry about running or not.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AWD, Increased towing/hauling, reliability (EV's are still too new), longevity.
As you've stated, I think it is still too early to say that the Ecoguzzler 2.0 is more reliable than the hybrid powertrain. From "my" personal experience these past 6 years with the hybrid engine (same engine as in my Lincoln MKZ Hybrid), the 2.5 has been very reliable. Reliability also depends on how well you maintain a vehicle.

Sponsored

Becker300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both the Hybrid and EB are good choices for many reasons. It’s clear that gas mileage is a major factor in purchasing the Hybrid. I would be interested to hear the main reasons buyers chose the EB instead of the Hybrid.
Several reasons. One is unknown reliability of new technology around the hybrid. Many recalls so far. Two is the all-wheel drive. Three is I like gas engines.

burst710

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
fartman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick 2022 ecoboost 2.0L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AWD,4k tow, FX4
use it for pulling, towing and everything but saving gas :)

Malyk

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xl AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I didn't want to wait possibly until next year for my XLT lux hybrid , when I got the chance for a xl eco I jumped on it. Figured it gave me a reason to build a camping/overlanding rig which I've been wanting to do for several years now

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Initially ordered XL Hybrid with a hitch in September, the changed to EB in January to improved odds of getting scheduled (got scheduled last Thursday). Wanted a Hybrid, wanted to believe it would be a good reliable car to have for 10+ years without problems. Honestly wish the best for all Hybrid owners! That said seeing issues about dead batteries/sleep mode, fluid leaks in the heat exchanger that require replacement of the entire exhaust, shuddering etc. I think I am glad I switched to the EB (with fingers crossed). This will be my first Ford since an RWD 98 Ranger I had (very reliable). I like simple. If they offered a 4cyl without the Hybrid or a turbo (a 6 speed manual would be ideal, but those days are over) I would be all over it. I live in coastal Maine but did not order AWD because I wanted a $25K truck and not a $30K truck and FWD has less to go wrong. I will put studded snows on the steelies and get some aftermarket alloys for the rest of the year. Can definitely live with 25-30 MPG. Will drive it gently, put in the approved oil and use top tier gas and hope the EB will last long beyond warranty. I understand many Hybrid issues were early production, but sadly have little faith in Ford building a Hybrid Maverick with the reliability of a Prius.
Sponsored