First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those who have replaced the rear speakers, has anyone mounted them to the c pillar vs the trim? And has anyone stuffed a larger speaker back there yet? What happened to the guy putting 4x6’s back there?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mounted 4x6s direct to the trim after removing the stock 4" adapter. The universal brackets that came with the speakers (just cheap Sony XPlods) were sufficient to screw to two of the original mount studs.

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got my truck this week and am currently studying ford audio - Lol... It is making my head spin with all this line leveling, signal processing, digital crossing over madness. I did my first stereo install in 20 years recently and it's not the same beast.
I'm curious to know if the stock speaker (and its' capacitor/crossover/magic doodads attached to it) restrict the sound past what the ACM does..... As in: Would we get a better range back there with aftermarket units? The stereo doesn't sound horrible unless you turn it way up to enjoy music you love...

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
For those who have replaced the rear speakers, has anyone mounted them to the c pillar vs the trim? And has anyone stuffed a larger speaker back there yet? What happened to the guy putting 4x6’s back there?
I mounted mine to the trim piece without any editing/fabrication

Ford Maverick Rear speaker replacement question 3920D5CA-3271-4F3B-BD3A-5355CB9AD2A6

Sponsored

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Notice any rattling with it mounted like this?
Nope, but I put some thick foam both around the speaker face and the weird plastic opening piece that extrudes out (in?) from the trim panel
I also put some deadening material on the c column itself and the metal inside the speaker cut out opening

OP
OP
Brian_J

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

SPLMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2020 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you know the total depth the mounting plate to the rear of the magnet and second how much space between the speaker magnet and the c pillar firewall?
Sponsored