First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have anything they've used or been using to cover the back seats of their truck to keep dog drool, fur, dirt, and claws off the interior.

Got a year old Basset that likes to shed and drool on my current seats.

I've seen the hammocks that people use. I've seen them on Amazon, all seem to be Chinese made cheapos.

Anyone to a good brand they've been happy with?
Sponsored

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
Wet Okole in Hawaii should have something. They always get excellent reviews.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whatever you get, make sure it's one that have the belt pass through so that you can properly restrain the pooch while riding in the car.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
I have small children. I suspect I'm going to have to just use towels or blankets until some of the seat cover manufacturers can get the pattern and start making them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Amakrida

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wet Okole in Hawaii should have something. They always get excellent reviews.
Those do look nice. I was thinking something more like this:

Ford Maverick Rear seat cover (for dog? Screenshot_20210706-114210_Amazon Shoppin

Kind of a hammock so if I hit the brakes she doesnt go flying off the seat. She's a small water buffalo, no Russian ballerina. I just don't trust things that are $23 on Amazon. Hoping someone knows of a good company that makes a quality version of this. Keep her and my seats safe.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have anything they've used or been using to cover the back seats of their truck to keep dog drool, fur, dirt, and claws off the interior.

I've seen the hammocks that people use. I've seen them on Amazon, all seem to be Chinese made cheapos.

Have had a Duluth Trading Scout sling for years. Heavy duty, quality product and not expensive. Easy to take in and out of the vehicle. Will be using the same one on the Maverick.

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Those do look nice. I was thinking something more like this:

Screenshot_20210706-114210_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Kind of a hammock so if I hit the brakes she doesnt go flying off the seat. She's a small water buffalo, no Russian ballerina. I just don't trust things that are $23 on Amazon. Hoping someone knows of a good company that makes a quality version of this. Keep her and my seats safe.
Buy it and test it by paying a family memeber or friend to ride in the back and brake check down an empty street for 30 mins as well as crawl around all crazy like. 😂😂

RageRx

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150 + 20 Explorer

WeatherTech has some great covers for pets, check out their website. Not cheap, but they are good.

Sponsored

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I must be the only man who just throws their dogs in the bed of the truck? Dog restraints? LOL Survival of the fittest I say.

Ponypower

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda accord
Weathertech has a full line of pet protection products and even dogs bowls.

OP
OP
Amakrida

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be the only man who just throws their dogs in the bed of the truck? Dog restraints? LOL Survival of the fittest I say.
I don't see my dog as my pet. She's like my kid (I know that's nuts). If something happened to her after doing something like that, I'd never emotionality recover.

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Growing up in the mountains, there was no better joy for our dogs than riding in the back of the truck and feeling the wold pass by. Never lost a dog. Closest instance was when our Queensland Heeler locked her jaws on a branch and almost got flung out of the bed.

Throwing the dogs in the bed and seeing if they survive the trip may be a bit extreme for me, but I'm wondering if there will be a connector in the bed for a chain or strap that can be attached to a harness to prevent the dog from jumping out at a stop or being bounced out on a bumpy road. I'd keep the dogs in the cab when on the freeway/highway, but toss them in the bed when out in the mountains, desert, or rural areas with something like the Bushwacker tether.
Sponsored