First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Fit EX, 2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Maverick XLT in October 2021 that made it to Priority Code 02 but never got scheduled for production. When the 2023 order bank was opening on September 15th, I stopped into the dealership to tell them they needed to place a new order for me to get a 2023 model. I email them copies of the specific steps needed to get an order in (as posted by Tim Bartz on his Ford Video Guy postings) which explained that it requires a NEW order to lock in a 2023 model. I sent them copies of postings from others on this chat and others that had successfully completed their 2023 orders. They kept attempting to "update" my 2022 order to a 2023 despite everything I told them. The day after the 2023 orders closed, I got a call from them telling me that I have an order "in order processing" so I thought they had finally made a new order. Yesterday I stopped by the dealer to get a copy of my order information and they printed it out for me. It's still the 2022 model year order that I made in October 2021, never updated to 2023, no new 2023 order made. The truly sad thing is that they still think that Ford is going to schedule and build my Maverick based on that order. Everything I'm seeing online tells me that Ford is done scheduling any new 2022 model year builds, and that the 2022 model year orders won't roll over to 2023 model year, so this order is never going to be filled.

I've been waiting for almost a year for my Maverick, very frustrated, and now it looks like the earliest that I could possibly get one would be a 2024 model if I can get an order in when they open the order banks next year. I don't know if these folks are just lazy or completely clueless, but I think I am done with them and with Ford. I've waited so long now that I think I'll just wait longer for Toyota or some other manufacturer to build a compact hybrid pickup and skip the Maverick altogether. (Not to mention that their error will cancel my $2750 private offer toward a 2023 model hybrid Maverick.) I'm just disgusted with the whole thing.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really wish, I could be more upbeat about this process but it just sounds awful.