Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How would you remote start a hybrid vehicle? It turns on an electrical system run by the battery, not the engine. After draining the battery some it would kick in the the ICE to recharge I suppose. I have been wondering about this since I ordered if was an actual feature on the hybrid.
Unless you also have the heat set. Ford Plugin Hybrids have electric heaters but not the normal hybrids. So it might run the engine to get the vehicle inside up to temperature.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Unless you also have the heat set. Ford Plugin Hybrids have electric heaters but not the normal hybrids. So it might run the engine to get the vehicle inside up to temperature.
Ahh see I was wondering this, if the heater was electric or from the engine collant like old cars.

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, the engine just turns on when the battery gets too low. its the same when you start it, the engine is dead silent until you run out of juice then kicks on. I assume the heater etc is all electric so this probably happens a few times while its sitting. When I tested it today at work, the engine kicked on twice in the 10 minute time limit.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing (y)

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you remote starting it in the garage? That is a no-no for me no matter what the weather.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
How do you start the keyed hybrid? I thought it was electric till you needed more power and then the ice started ? Would you turn the key like a normal ignition to start the ice? Thank you!
As far as I can tell you cant just FORCE the ICE to start except for one specific quirk. If you put it in "Performance(SPORT)" mode, it seems to kick on the engine.

I have a key for mine as it is an XL, and when I turn the key it is actually dead silent and just says "Ready" but I would bet if you are jumping it, then the battery is low and it would kick on immediately when you start it.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remote start has always made me nervous. While there are many sensors and safety checks to make sure that bad things don't happen, I still don't like the idea of my truck idling away by itself. Seems inevitable that bad things will happen, especially as the car ages and systems don't always work as expected. That said, I know that I'm in the paranoid minority on this issue.

OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Arr you remote starting it in the garage? That is a no-no for me no matter what the weather.
Nah i dont have it in a garage, I dont want to die or anything. Im well aware not to do that without the door open at least, but in this case it is not in the garage at all.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As far as I can tell you cant just FORCE the ICE to start except for one specific quirk. If you put it in "Performance(SPORT)" mode, it seems to kick on the engine.
Or just push the peddle to the floor, that works too. Not exactly advisable when you first start a vehicle though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Remote start has always made me nervous. While there are many sensors and safety checks to make sure that bad things don't happen, I still don't like the idea of my truck idling away by itself. Seems inevitable that bad things will happen, especially as the car ages and systems don't always work as expected. That said, I know that I'm in the paranoid minority on this issue.
I have never had a remote start vehicle, so I am EXTREMELY paranoid to be honest. But I dont know what to even expect tbh.

nickmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never had a remote start vehicle, so I am EXTREMELY paranoid to be honest. But I dont know what to even expect tbh.
Remote start has been available for how many years now? Mav will be my first remote start vehicle (have a 2009 Jeep) but Im kind of surprised at the paranoia around using remote start in 2021. Seems like a basic thing to have these days. But i could be wrong.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if there is some controllable baffle in the exhaust to restrict it to cause the engine to heat quicker. I know the hybrid has coolant connection to the exhaust to scavenge exhaust heat to warm the coolant.
Sponsored